The Wanna Diet

Options
Jayco141
Jayco141 Posts: 221 Member
So, I am in my 50's and have gained and lost etc through the years like many of you. Seriously by now you should know what it takes to lose weight and the old mantras of Diet and exercise along with EVERYTHING in moderation holds true. I am now down to the lowest weight I have been at in maybe 33 years. I am 6'2" and now weigh 195. I have been holding steady for a few months now.I feel good and people say I am looking good. And that FEELS good.

I have also found that mindset is everything. Everything. If you just say you want to change, it means nothing unless it is a serious WANNA. I wanted to change, I made it happen. Started with low carb but evolved into caloric intake and everyday activity and exercise ( I am a rowing maniac).

If you don't have the WANNA. You can't get there. Get your mind right and the body will follow.

I can add to this if anyone wants to know how to get there.

Have a good day!

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    Exactly! Congratulations! If you don't have your head in the game you'll never succeed.

This is exactly what @ninerbuff posted about a few days ago on the Motivation and Support board. For some reason the thread got derailed and didn't get the attention it deserved.

How you succeeded is by having the right mindset and following through. Good job!
  • anne_adams284220
    anne_adams284220 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    OP please add to! I'd love to read more! And wonderful job!!!
  • JustJ2014
    JustJ2014 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    CICO is working for me. WTG on your journey and thank you for sharing your story. Namaste
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

This is exactly what @ninerbuff posted about a few days ago on the Motivation and Support board. For some reason the thread got derailed and didn't get the attention it deserved.

Because many people come here searching, not for motivation and support, but for shoulders to cry on and pats on the back for effort.

I know. I was one of them.

It took a total change of attitude to “get it”.

Very true.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!