New Direction VLCD

Is anyone else on the medically supervised VLCD using New direction products? Iv'e been on it for three weeks now and its definitely a struggle for me. I need some tricks to stay motivated. Eating this way is getting old

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    I would think eating a vlcd would get old fast too. Good luck.
  • babygtbck14
    babygtbck14 Posts: 16 Member
    It sucks! But it’s the only thing working for me. I tried so many times with low carb/1200 calories plus I walk 3 to 4 miles a day for exercise ( that doesn’t include at work) I will tell friends and my dr, I just can’t lose weight. They’d give me the look like, uh huh.. well I proved it to them all when I got a perforated colon from a diverticulitis attack. I got sepsis and could of died. I could not eat solid food for over 3 months. All liquid. Since I had to do all liquid I did Atkins shakes for the protein and only drank drinks with no sugar. I only lost 10 pounds. Finally my drs believed me. I have thyroid issues so they finally suggested the medically supervised VlcD my thyroid function is better and I’m finally losing weight. I have seen a lot of judgement in some posts on here but those people don’t have a clue. Not everyone is lying when they say, I only ate 1200 calories and didn’t lose weight. Also it has all the nutrients in the shakes so it’s not “ unhealthy” like I e heard. What’s unhealthy is high blood pressure and weight on my arthritic knees :)
  • Deirdre_R
    Deirdre_R Posts: 54 Member
    I'm on a different VLCD, but I identify with what you're saying about not being able to lose other ways. I was getting very fed up with poor results on calorie counting and WW. Fed up of being hungry all week and only seeing a 1/2lb or a pound off. Even with the VLCD I'm not getting the numbers I see others getting, but I'm not hungry, and seeing 2lb-3lb a week coming off which is far more motivating. I am having a low fat low carb meal some days.
  • ezmover
    ezmover Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks for sharing. I am starting VLCD today and I’m trying to read every experience about it. I’m trying to get my head in the right place so I can follow the medical recommendations