Walking DVD Recommendation - Very Out of Shape

Options
Can anyone recommend an easy easy walking DVD (no floor exercises) for me who is 78 years old, out of shape, very overweight, and who gets winded easily? I have the "Jessica Smith Walk on, 5 Fat burning Miles" DVD and can do about 8 minutes and have to stop. TIA

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Do you need dvd? Youtube has lots of walking videos. Some of my go-to's are Jessica Smith, Leslie Sansone, Reps to the Rhythm, and Jenny Ford. Pahla B also has a channel aimed at women over 50.
  • SuperSaiyanEva
    SuperSaiyanEva Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone is great for beginners
  • Indialove901
    Indialove901 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bryan Syuki on YouTube is GREAT! Highly recommend.
  • spiegeltobylee
    spiegeltobylee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    TY everyone for your comments. YouTube won't work because of where my computer/monitor are located. I have to watch a DVD on the TV.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you can't just...walk outside?
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    You can't YouTube on your phone? Or use a tablet?
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you can't just...walk outside?
    OP is 78. There is a possibility that balance or other gait issues are part of the story here.

I know myself that walking outside is an absolute chore with my balance issue. The days when I could just take off and go geocaching with my family are long gone.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Beginner Leslie Sansone - Start! Walking at Home 1 Mile or Leslie Sansone for Seniors.

There are other instructors too. There is a Weight Watchers Walking DVD with Ellen Barrett that is for beginners. Look for Weight Watchers Walking Kit. This is really well done if you can find it.

Stott Pilates makes a couple walking DVDs too. The shortest one is called Walk on to Total Fitness. The music is a nice change from the usual.

Debbie Rocker Walking for Weight Loss is another one. Debbie is rather dry, but the outdoor scenery is beautiful. If Leslie Sansone foot patterns are challenge for balance, or whatever, this will be a good option. Debbie Rocker DVDs are even more basic than Leslie.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    Jenny Ford has a walk across america dvd collection