Hi,

Any tips to reduce sugar cravings?

Thank you

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,387 Member
    Options
    It doesn't work for everyone, but I'm not the only one whom it helped:

I found that my cravings for calorie-dense but nutrient-poor foods - like candy, cookies, cake, etc. - were reduced when I made it a point for a while to eat at least 3 daily servings of whole fruit. (This was suggested by a registered dietitian.) At first, it still took some willpower to have the fruit instead of other things, but within a few weeks, my cravings for the other sweets were no longer a problem. Eventually, too-simple sweet baked goods became not very appealing at all, *just sweet*, not interesting/satisfying. Eventually, I could reduce my fruit intake to just eating some when I felt like it, and still have the reduced cravings for other kinds of sweets.

I do still enjoy the occasional good-quality dessert or small treat, but it's part of a well-rounded way of eating, not some kind of special craving.

Your mileage may vary, but it could be worth a try.
  • freda666
    freda666 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    lisamfay14 wrote: »
    Hi,

Any tips to reduce sugar cravings?

Thank you

Not sure you can but I find when I have sugar I want more sugar but if I can restrain myself for a few weeks the pull eases off.

• ckeith2021
    ckeith2021 Posts: 19 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I have been doing this for a few months. I honestly just stopped eating eat. I was eating candy bar and drinking a coke daily. I also keep quest power bars and sugar free gum in my desk.