What breed of dog should I get???

Options
13»

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,348 Member
    Options
    I have a German Shepherd and a Siberian Husky ...Both great dogs :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,348 Member
    Options
    r570wb5ke94g.jpg
  • mikerommfp
    mikerommfp Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    r570wb5ke94g.jpg

2 of my favorite breeds! Love my husky
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I rescued a pitty 7 years ago. By far the smartest, loving, and gentle dog I've had. Mine is extremely good with all people/kids. Generally Pittys are very family orientated and loyal dogs and will snuggle or attempt to be a lapdog if you allow it.

I suggest you go with whatever fits your lifestyle. If you're active find a dog that can join you. Visit the sites of rescues as they will give out the info on each individual dog (E.G., good with kids, other dogs, cats, etc..).

Here is mine taking a break from skateboarding.bkf5180w54y5.png
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    I wonder if the O/P is still pondering the decision 8 years later 🤔
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    I rescued a pitty 7 years ago. By far the smartest, loving, and gentle dog I've had. Mine is extremely good with all people/kids. Generally Pittys are very family orientated and loyal dogs and will snuggle or attempt to be a lapdog if you allow it.

I suggest you go with whatever fits your lifestyle. If you're active find a dog that can join you. Visit the sites of rescues as they will give out the info on each individual dog (E.G., good with kids, other dogs, cats, etc..).

Here is mine taking a break from skateboarding.bkf5180w54y5.png

I love the look on his dog's face:D So cute!!! I had a doberman/chocolate lab mix all throughout my 20s (til my ex-husband got custody) Everyone was so scared of him, but he was the smartest, sweetest dog ever
    yxwzmfkb25po.jpg
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    My yellow lab/ terrier mix is also very smart and thinks she's human, haha
    bmgdszs0wx6z.jpg

• KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Cocker Spaniel is a lovely breed of dog.
  • tluisa311
    tluisa311 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Rescue!! For every puppy bought from a breeder, another dog dies in a shelter. And most shelters give you a foster trial to see if the dog works well with your family and your lifestyle. #adoptdontshop