Oreo Flavors - How do you Oreo?

nossmf
nossmf Posts: 8,960 Member
Most of the time I stick to my old friend, double stuffed. But I have tried a variety of flavors, and seen far more available at the store. So when a seasonal favorite, s'mores, hit the shelves the other day for the first time in a couple years, I felt compelled to not only snap up a couple packages, but sit down and try to remember every flavor I've seen for sale. The internet helped me remember some additional flavors, though google searches included mention of some which I cannot verify as real as I did not actually see them on a store shelf. But the ones I CAN verify include (in alphabetical order):

Apple Pie
Banana Split
Birthday Cake
Brownie
Buttered Popcorn
Candy Cane
Candy Corn
Caramel Apple
Caramel Coconut
Carrot Cake
Cherry Cola
Chocolate
Chocolate Berry
Chocolate Hazelnut
Chocolate Marshmallow
Chocolate Peanut Butter
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Cinnamon Bun
Coconut Cream
Cookie Dough
Creamsicle
Dark Chocolate
Double Stuffed
Firework
Fruit Punch
Fudge Dipped
Fudge Dipped - Mint
Fudge Dipped – White
Gingerbread
Golden
Hot and Spicy Cinnamon
Hot Cocoa
Java Chip
Kettle Corn
Key Lime Pie
Lemon
Mega Stuff
Mint
Mississippi Mud Pie
Original
PB&J
Peanut Butter
Peeps
Pina Colada
Pistachio
Pumpkin Spice
Rainbow Sure, Bert!
Red Velvet
Rocky Road
Root Beer Float
S’Mores
Spring
Strawberry Cheesecake
Strawberry Shortcake (Good Humor)
Swedish Fish
Thins
Waffles and Syrup
Watermelon

That's 56 different flavors! I knew they had a lot, but wow! Anybody able to verify a flavor not on this list?

Replies

• magicfoodfluff
    magicfoodfluff Posts: 228 Member
    Cotton Candy & a Fruity Crisp/Pebbles kind of flavor. Also a Marshmallow Crispy flavor. I want all three to come back.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    S'moreos. Get it right. :p

I actually just hoovered through 2 packages of those. Definitely my favorite.

Which are the ones you aren't sure were real?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Carlos?
  • Zoomie402
    Zoomie402 Posts: 260 Member
    Wow! That's a lot more than I remember as well. Aside from the original, I love all of the peanut butters, red velvet, and pumpkin spice.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    Fudge-covered Mint
    Double Stuff
    Mint

At Christmas, I dip Oreos in melted chocolate and decorate. Sometimes I add crumbled pretzels or ground candy canes to the chocolate.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Carlos?

Nope. @nossmf has been around for quite some time, especially in the bodybuilding forum. He was here the same time as carlos.

I am team double stuff. But to be honest, i haven't tried a bunch of these.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,285 Member
    Gluten free. And only two at a time, on the days when I have room for them in my log.
  • navychickpensfan
    navychickpensfan Posts: 25 Member
    My favorite were the cookie butter Oreos! They should have a store like the M&M store in Las Vegas where you could get the all the flavors you want in one package.
  • nossmf
    I forgot all about the Oreo-flavored candy canes! I can attest they are actually surprisingly good, too.

All the flavors in one package... this thought makes me shiver, and not in a good way. Reminds me of my first Christmas visiting with my wife's inlaws, father in law put out a bowl of M&M's for anybody to enjoy between meals. I grabbed a handful without checking, popped them all in my mouth, and discovered too late the mix included peanut, regular, and MINT. I cannot stand mint anything, and that mouthful left an aftertaste for over an hour after. Almost two decades later, I still pause before popping M&M's into my mouth, just to check.

I'm guessing Carlos used to post about Oreos?

And a couple flavors I've read about but cannot testify to include Hot Wings, Wasabi and Tiramisu.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    nossmf wrote: »
    I forgot all about the Oreo-flavored candy canes! I can attest they are actually surprisingly good, too.

All the flavors in one package... this thought makes me shiver, and not in a good way. Reminds me of my first Christmas visiting with my wife's inlaws, father in law put out a bowl of M&M's for anybody to enjoy between meals. I grabbed a handful without checking, popped them all in my mouth, and discovered too late the mix included peanut, regular, and MINT. I cannot stand mint anything, and that mouthful left an aftertaste for over an hour after. Almost two decades later, I still pause before popping M&M's into my mouth, just to check.

I'm guessing Carlos used to post about Oreos?

And a couple flavors I've read about but cannot testify to include Hot Wings, Wasabi and Tiramisu.

Tiramisu is true. The other two may have been foreign or wishful thinking. :)

And, oh man, Carlos is an mfp oreo icon. Wonder whatever happened to him.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Birthday cake and carrot cake ones are my favorite.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    edited June 2021
    Dark chocolate..

Wish they bring back tiramisu or latte
  • OHFlamingo
    OHFlamingo Posts: 239 Member
    I decorate the Dark Chocolate Fudge Dipped Vanilla Oreos, the Chocolate Fudge Dipped Vanilla, and the Fudge Dipped Mint ones with those small sugar cake decorations they sell for different holidays. (I use a small dab of frosting to attached them.) Then I put them in fancy cupcake liners, box them up, and then give them away! They cost a fortune if you buy the already decorated ones they sell. Everyone loves them! I do treat myself to a cookie or three while I'm making them, but I do log them, of course!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    I recently discovered Oreo Thins. I don’t think I’ll ever go back to original oreos as long as they continue to make these, I like the extra crunchiness of the thinner cookie. And the lemon thins are absolutely delightful!

^ This.
    Amazing. And they fit my calorie goal!
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    I don’t buy them regularly because I can eat an incredibly impressive amount of them, but when I do it’s double stuffed with milk to dip them in. Classic and perfect

On a related note I really don’t know why they make regular stuffed Oreos, double stuffed have the exact right filling to cookie ratio, regular oreos are just sad…and don’t even get me started on the thin ones 🤣
  • nossmf
    During my wife's final pregnancy, she once consumed an entire package of double stuff in a single sitting, took her about fifteen minutes IIRC.

Different people have different preferences for amount of stuffing. I still remember as a kid twisting apart two regular oreos and combining into a single double-stuff (this was before double stuff was a thing). My sister still preferred the regular, while today my son prefers the mega stuff, which equate to somewhere between 4-5 times as much stuffing as a classic. I've tried them, too rich for me.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    There are MEGA-Stuffs?!
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Don’t - too sickly. Prefer my choc biscuits to be less sweet with dark chocolate on top!