I have 170lbs to lose. Looking for those with similar goals

Hi, my names Ashley and I am a 37 year old mother of 2. I have RA, and a few other health conditions. I am starting , well restarting , my journey today to lose 170lbs. I am looking for those who have a lot of weight to lose as well, or are simply struggling and looking for accountability buddies or like minds to talk to along the journey. I am a recovering Compulsive over eater, and do my best day to day to make positive changes and be kind to myself as I am to others. Sometimes, that is hard to do. We often don’t give ourselves the compassion and understanding we give others, in the same situations. Anyway, look forward to meeting new people and traveling along this new path. Have a blessed day everyone.

Replies

• Tspex82
    Tspex82 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi, looking for an accountability partner and friend. Does that work for you?
  • DeniseMartin9586
    DeniseMartin9586 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello I am in the same boat to lose alot of weight as well
  • AZrising
    AZrising Posts: 58 Member
    I’ve also got a lot of progress I need to make towards my goal. I’d be happy to be a support buddy if you are interested! Either way you got this. One day at a time!
  • BlossomingJenn
    BlossomingJenn Posts: 23 Member
    Hi, Ashley! Congratulations to you for starting this journey! That is where the magic begins. 😊💜
    My ultimate goal is to lose 155 pounds. I’m down 80, so just over halfway. I’ve come so far and yet still have a ways to go, and I know this second half will be slower 😜
  • joryrheanne
    joryrheanne Posts: 49 Member
    I have 150 lbs to lose and I am also looking for an accountability friend. I am 45 years old with 3 adult children 25, 17 and 20.
  • AlexisVeilleux
    AlexisVeilleux Posts: 12 Member
    I am right there with you all I started it 330, im at 271, IV lost about 60 pounds and my goal is to lose over 100 more so any of you feel free to add me :smile:
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Hello, I'm 42 yo mom and I have 156 pounds to lose. I've been at this for a bit now, so far I've lost 46 pounds. I also have RA and other health conditions. Feel free to add me ! Started this at 306, now I'm 260 pounds.
  • DaneOK
    DaneOK Posts: 12 Member
    Hello All! I just joined, today, and have an ultimate goal to lose about 220 pounds, so here for the foreseeable future! Would love to cheer anyone on, feel free to add! 🤙🌴
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    Hi Ashley (and all that have posted) I have about 140 to lose and am looking for accountability partners. Wondering if a group for this could be made up - or is there one? New here
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,211 Member
    I have roughly 115 to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • Steve25k
    Steve25k Posts: 125 Member
    Very happy to join a little this little community. I want to lose about 100lbs and would love friends who are active on MFP and want to chat and support each other. Happy for anyone to add me.
  • jkdenizard
    jkdenizard Posts: 7 Member
    Hello all- Starting this journey AGAIN! I have about 100 lbs to lose. I would love some friends to chat with along the way. I’m a mom of two teens living in FL.
    H:5’5
    SW:238
    CW: 238
    GW: 140-160
  • scootrboot
    scootrboot Posts: 2 Member
    Trying to build a community to interact with about this weight loss journey. This looks like a great place to start! :)
  • lenhill04
    lenhill04 Posts: 56 Member
    I have 77 more pounds to lose. I am down 15. Add me 😊 I have an open diary.
  • kellibee2000
    kellibee2000 Posts: 87 Member
    Same and same! I need to lose 140lbs (holy *kitten*, typing that is a reality check), and I actually hopped on to look for a virtual workout buddy. I'd like to message back and forth and get to know someone as we're working on this goal together. If that sounds good to anyone here, add & msg me!
  • Steve25k
    Is anyone interested in joining an MFP group where we can chat and support each other?
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I started MFP 2 years ago and I have lost 109 lbs….I still have some to go….I will be 70…. If you are serious about losing, have an open, diary and don’t mind constructive kind criticism, I will be your friend!….if I can lose weight, anyone can!….the Larger Loser group for those that need to lose more than 70 lbs is a great group of supportive and motivated people….anyone is welcome to join!…..no games or challenges….plain talk and motivation!
  • kellibee2000
    Totally @Steve25k, and silly question, can we just keep this thread alive as a group?
    What's one thing you all did today to take care of your body?
    I ate less junk today, made a healthy lunch for my family & took a long hot walk. 🔥👟 More than 1 thing, but today is a good day 😊
  • FancyIsMyName
    FancyIsMyName Posts: 29 Member
    Hi there! I’m 47, and have similar targets. SW 325, and have lost 11lbs so far.

I’ve changed how I look at this completely as in that past when I focused on the total goal, I would give up far too soon. This time I’m down approx 4% of my SW. I only need to do that 10 more times, and I’ll be there! So my next goal is another 13 lbs right now.

I have an open diary, and it’s not perfect, but this time I genuinely feel it’s sustainable. Would love additional friends with this type of journey!
  • FancyIsMyName
    FancyIsMyName Posts: 29 Member
    Totally @Steve25k, and silly question, can we just keep this thread alive as a group?
    What's one thing you all did today to take care of your body?
    I ate less junk today, made a healthy lunch for my family & took a long hot walk. 🔥👟 More than 1 thing, but today is a good day 😊

Today, I packed a new salad, as I’ve been trying to keep a lot of variety. It was spinach, blueberries, turkey, and walnuts mixed with mango salsa and peach balsamic vinegar. Much better than the frequent DQ I was grabbing previously.
  • alpdexplorer
    alpdexplorer Posts: 251 Member
    Hello! I'm on the same boat. I'd like to lose a total of 170 (at least!). If anyone would like to add me on here, or Fitbit (we can do step challenges). My Fitbit username is missxxchaotic
    WE GOT THIS!
  • Steve25k
    I've joined some people on this group
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140760-100-pounds-to-lose
    I'm sure they'd welcome others who want to join.

The group is basically like a mini version of message boards but with the same people involved which makes it easier to have conversations and make supportive relationships.
  • kellibee2000
    Steve25k wrote: »

The group is basically like a mini version of message boards but with the same people involved which makes it easier to have conversations and make supportive relationships.

This is what I want. I can't keep up with 85 messages on a board a day, but I'd love to get to know a smaller group of people & feel like I'm actually apart of it. 💜

Last evening, I had a 'come to Jesus' moment & I'm on fire to get started & have a more healthy life. I woke up early, joined a medical wellness center, booked their initial sessions to get a plan & oriented, then took a nice hot walk. It's time. I'm in it with you all 💗
  • itsbritneybetch91
    itsbritneybetch91 Posts: 39 Member
    Same boat here. I have over 100lbs that I want to lose. God it sounds crazy when I type it out. I am only down about 20 so far. I would love to keep this thread alive as I am doing this completely on my own so it can be difficult. I know I'll have my bad and good days. I lost weight back in college but I was much thinner and I was at my goal weight of 135lbs and felt unstoppable and of course I gained it all back and way more.
  • moonbeams896
    moonbeams896 Posts: 191 Member
    Anyone should feel free to add me, as well. I have a little over 100 pounds to lose and I'm down 9 currently (having starting April 28). it's a slow and steady thing. Having been on this journey once before, I know it's much more about dedication and habit than anything else. Motivation comes and goes, but if you log everyday, you fall into some good habits and can keep track. I find the monthly weight loss challenges are good ways to be accountable and recommend them.
  • kellibee2000
    Steve25k wrote: »

Alright, you all should seriously hop over to this group. Marilyn is so sweet, it's small & v. supportive! I'll keep checking this thread, but that's where I'll be hanging out!

@britneynorthington only 20? ONLY 20! That's 20% there! Can you do that 4 more times? Of course you can & you're there! 💪😊 You got this! I think you can be unstoppable now 👍
  • joemccullum
    joemccullum Posts: 18 Member
    Hello, I am returning to MFP and looking for friends on journeys to lose a lot of weight.
    This year started with me struggling around 380 lbs, down 10 lbs from 2 years prior, with a bump up to 395 in between.
    I am starting to take tracking, exercise (or my limited excuse thereof), and accountability more seriously. Still, my weight is a rollercoaster, now down around 375, with my most recent low of 368.
    I was 220 at my prime post-college days. It's taken me 45 years to get this far out of shape. My desire (I'm not brave enough yet to call it a goal) is to be able to enjoy a day at the park with my 5, 5-year, and under grandchildren. In my last experience, I lasted about 20 minutes.
  • kellibee2000
    Welcome @joemccullum! So glad you are here 😊 if you want accountability, open your food log & I'll send you a friend request. I have a similar goal of playing with my kids, ages 7 & 10 without feeling like I'm dying. That's a very worthy desire 💗 20 min is an awesome start! See you around 👍