When You've Eaten All Your Calories at Breakfast 😲

Options
MsCzar
MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
edited June 2021 in Health and Weight Loss
Well, most of them anyway. What are some good ideas for VERY low-cal dinners? Hoping someone here has a better idea than my 'can of tuna & water' plan.

Replies

• OnceAndFutureAthlete
    OnceAndFutureAthlete Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Well, I was going to say a vegetable omelette (2 eggs + 1 egg white) made with Pam and a salad, but maybe you've had enough eggs for one day. :D

So I'd say SOUP! plus drink lots of lo-cal, unsweetened liquids.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    a piece of fish filet and lots of broccolli/cauliflower and or tomato/cucumber/lettuce salad. or just borrow some calories from tomorrow .
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,496 Member
    Options
    I just made a massive bowl of kind of greek salad of freshly harvested cherry tomatoes, cucumber, while greek (some vegetarian 'feta') and edamame. Together with a simple burger with lean tartar, tomato ketchup, acar that I made some other time and Ikea rosted onions. Comes in at around 500 calories all together.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Fish, egg whites, and veggies are very low cal. Fruit is more on the higher end than veggies. if it isn't berries.
    I don't have meal for you but these are some options.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I probably wouldn't do anything different and just chalk it up to one of those days. They happen here and there. As long as it's not a regular thing, they're pretty irrelevant.

Also this.

Go back to reports and look at your last week, month, or 90 days of net calories. It'll give you a bigger overall picture of how you're doing and some perspective.

I have eaten above maintenance (by more than a handful of calories) twice in 3 months. so like wolfman I'd just... eat more normally for the rest of the day.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I would probably just have a huge mixing size bowl of salad. Or make a stir fry with 20 calorie shirataki noodles and tons of veggies. You can make a huge meal for <200 calories. See volume eaters thread.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,652 Member
    Options
    soup.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    33gail33 wrote: »
    I'd do fish and a bunch of steamed vegetables.

(Eggs benedict? That'll do you in every time... :smiley: )

IME eggs benny is actually not terrible, it comes out around 600-750 calories by my math, at least the way it's served at most of the breakfast places around me. (The homefries on the side, though, that's the kicker.)

Anyway sometimes it be like that, it's more important to stay honest with yourself. Keep logging the rest of the day, drink water, opt for a light dinner of soup or tuna salad and crackers or something along those lines.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    My usual go-to for a low calorie meal is boiled potatoes. Cut it up, boil in salted water with a small head of onion and a bay leaf, drain when ready, cover for 5 minutes, sprinkle with dried herbs and black pepper and you're good to go. So delicious and filling!

If you're too miserable by dinner, don't torture yourself. Just have one of your usual low-ish meals that you like. being a bit over for the day is not the end of the world.