Home workouts

Options
titchy_michelle
titchy_michelle Posts: 51 Member
edited May 2021 in Fitness and Exercise
What kind of workouts do you do at home ?

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Balance stuff.
  • Pras72
    Pras72 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Anything from weights all the way to CrossFit and ofcourse spinning ...,😄
  • xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I enjoy body weight circuits that keep your heart rate up and use multiple muscle groups
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I started with the workout videos in the Planet Fitness app, just following those on my phone. I did the Beginner Strength, Beginner Dumbbells, and Beginner Cardio series (1-6) twice through. At some point I may revisit them and try the Intermediate videos.

I found a "beginner" bodyweight strength 28-day challenge from Adidas that I did in February but I hated it. It, like so many "beginner" workout infographics slithering around on Pinterest, assumes a base level of fitness that most true beginners simply don't have. It was also both difficult and boring, which is the worst possible combination of things for an exercise regimen to be.

My husband got Ring Fit Adventure for the Nintendo Switch for his birthday so I started playing that in March - it's a ton of fun and the story mode seems to go on forever. There's also minigames and a custom mode where you can focus more on the workout and less on playing a video game, lol.

Once the public parks opened up again in my town I started going there a couple of days a week and walking for 30 minutes to an hour, then I discovered that my county has like 25 "natural areas" with short public hiking trails, so now I'm trying to explore a new one of those each week. That's not so much "at home," but it's outdoors at least - my local mask rules have relaxed recently but even before that happened it was rare to encounter many other people on the trails.

Some of the PF Cardio videos incorporated some kickboxing/shadowboxing moves into the routine and I thought those were pretty fun, so I looked on Youtube for other beginner kickboxing workouts. I found a basic 20-minute one that was actually pretty beginner friendly, and one from Popsugar that seemed doable when I watched it but I haven't actually attempted it yet.

I've also incorporated some simple beginner yoga into my weekly routine and done that in my living room, mostly from doyou.com. This month I'm stringing together 3 flows I've done in the past at various times into one big 20-minute session twice a week.

I'm now vaccinated so I've started going back to PF; this month I'm starting Strong Curves. And honestly I could probably do 75-80% of Strong Curves at home - the only thing is I don't have any resistance training equipment of my own, except for a pair of 5lb dumbbells.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I subscribe to BeachBody on demand. I like following the calendars in their programs,
    I also have a free FitOn account.
  • titchy_michelle
    titchy_michelle Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I started off with Lucy Wyndham Read’s 7 minute workouts twice a day for a month or so then 10 days ago I started Chloe tings 2 week shred because it’s more challenging I’m loving it and going to start another one when I’m done. I also like to make sure I get about 12000 steps in per day.
  • wi1234567890
    wi1234567890 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I mostly walk on an incline on a treadmill and do YouTube Pilates videos. I find this doable with a lot of previous injuries and arthritis.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    I have a spin bike and a bunch of bands and hand weights. In those cold winder months, I all of that plus I bundled up and went jogging and/or walking.

I have to say that the spin bike is a price performer. A good treadmill costs ~>2$k, but you can get a reasonable spin bike for much less than an $k.

Resistance bands (the tubing kind with handles) are an incredible price performer and allow for a full-body workout at home or on travel. I have broken a lot of them, so replace them as soon as they start to look worn and be careful! (Don't aim the band at anyone's face!)
  • lilbitsc89
    lilbitsc89 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing at workout program called Dance Fitness with Jessica. There's free stuff on youtube or you can subscribe to the website for her livestream classes.
    Looking for motivational buddies ! Add me!
  • nhecker
    nhecker Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Beachbody on demand
  • slade51
    slade51 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Dumbbells and body weight. I started with hasFit videos on YouTube, then found a set of free bare-bones iPhone apps from Axiom LLC.
    That and either biking or walking outside for an hour a day.

Last week I started back at the gym.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,359 Member
    Options
    Winter: Machine rowing, stationary biking, strength training (dumbbells, couple kettlebells, resistance bands, pull-up bar, FID bench at home that I generally leave flat), maybe the occasional video (used to do them a lot when I was building fitness, now haven't found any that really ring my bell, but haven't looked too hard), occasional floor exercises with stability ball, sliders, or other small/inexpensive equipment aids.

Summer: Biking from home, walking from home, same strength training stuff as Winter. (Rowing moves to on-water in boats, not from/at home but a few miles away.)
  • trishd25
    trishd25 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I do Yoga (well.....I TRY to do Yoga LOL) and I just got the Figure 8 system. I also have Sweatin to the Oldies with Richard Simmons and some other dance systems.
  • koolGsmoove
    koolGsmoove Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I try to mix it up a little. I run, lift weights, cycle, and sometimes jump rope
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,508 Member
    Options
    I can barely walk due to a balance disorder. I use my NuStep recumbent elliptical almost daily. I’ve been thinking of adding tai chi on the Apple Fitness app but I’m not sure yet.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    resistance training and exercise bicycling - i use both a recumbent or semi-recumbent.
  • Bookkeeper1024
    Bookkeeper1024 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Some days I am using P90X KenpoX and plyometricsX. I haven't tried the cardioX one yet.I have other beachbody dvds like focust25, Body Beast, Chalene xtreme, cize, Country Heat, Max30 insanity, and Insanity minus one dvd. Power 90 Master Series Plyo legs and Upper middle and lower program and sweat5-6. Insanity dvds are too hard for me so I use Power 90 Master Series Plyo legs and Upper middle and lower dvds too. I haven't tried Focust25 Alpha and Beta yet. Anyone else using beachbody programs? I looked for the beachbody group but noone has posted there in a while.