Hello me keto and intermittent fasting here

Options
jdjanet
jdjanet Posts: 1 Member
edited June 2021 in Introduce Yourself
Just started keto diet 4 days ago. I have lost 35 lbs on keto before it does work but this time I will start fasting when my weight stops losing.

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,715 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP Community. :)

Remember that weight loss is not linear. Some weeks you'll lose and some you might plateau. You don't have to do intermittent fasting (or even keto) if it's not your thing. But if you love it, then go for it. Otherwise it's useful to create a plan that you can stick to long-term so you don't yo-yo over and over. :)

If you'd like some low carb friends, here's a link to our largest group:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum
  • shwncarson1
    shwncarson1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • akkooshtka
    akkooshtka Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this for 2 weeks. 18 hours per 24 hour period of fasting with two meals meals in six hours with a total of less than 150 carbs.
    I eat @ 1230 pm and one more before 7 pm, seems to be working, I am 6'2" 400 pounds first week I lost 6.5 pounds
    hoping to double that this week!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this for 2 weeks. 18 hours per 24 hour period of fasting with two meals meals in six hours with a total of less than 150 carbs.
    I eat @ 1230 pm and one more before 7 pm, seems to be working, I am 6'2" 400 pounds first week I lost 6.5 pounds
    hoping to double that this week!

Not to burst your bubble, but weight loss doesn't usually increase over time, it does the opposite. You did good the first couple of weeks. There's some water weight loss initially (with low carbing especially). The third week, fourth week, etc. will slow to a more sustainable pace.

6.5 pounds of fat loss would be a 22,750 calorie deficit over 7 days. Even at 400 pounds it's unlikely you ate 3,250 calories less than maintenance each day.
  • flatcoatedR
    flatcoatedR Posts: 173 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    akkooshtka, your doing great. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘You find out what works for you and you do you. Don't let anyone burst your bubble and continue doing what works for you. I've been doing a pretty low carb plan myself with some intermitting fasting. Mosting while Iam sleeping. I stop eating at 6 pm and don't start the next day till 9:30 am or noon. I don't go without eating for days or starve myself. I eat real food and don't get caught up in all the Keto hype and food products. I've loss 83 lbs in 6 months and have another 50-60 more to go.
  • banshee21
    banshee21 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Same here Iโ€™m back on keto this week, Iโ€™ve been doing low carbs but now and then I follow a stricter keto meal plan to kick my weight loss back in ๐Ÿ‘ good luck
  • bermenstein
    bermenstein Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Way to go โœŠ๐Ÿ‘
    Keto and intermittent fasting. A great pairing of healthy style disciplines to stay healthy.
    No breakfast or supper for me. Just lunch and dinner (1pm & 5pm) and absolutely no snacks (esp refined Carb).
    Bullet proof coffee aloud ? โ˜•๏ธ Normally with butter, but I have 2 teaspoons of double cream. Yum ๐Ÿ˜‹