Labral Tear!

Options
csplatt
csplatt Posts: 1,002 Member
Has anyone recovered from a labral tear in the hip without surgery? I have a follow up from an MRI this week. Thanks!

Replies

• playhardkf2017
    playhardkf2017 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    My husband has been trying to get his to heal without luck :-/ it’ll feel slightly better fir him and then he goes to do soccer drills (he did the damage while playing soccer) and winds up in pain again. This has been two years for him...he’s finally thinking about possibly considering surgery in the winter.

I wish you luck though!
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm doing pretty good with mine. Caused by cycling crash. I did some physical therapy for it for a while. It helped a lot. Barely ever bothering me.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,507 Member
    Options
    It's going to depend on the degree of tear, whether or not you have a shallow socket, etc.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I had a torn labrum a couple of years ago. After months of PT without complete relief, I had an ultrasound guided cortisone injection and that helped tremendously. I continued to play it safe with some of my activities for a while afterwards, but I’ve started back to running and heavy lifting and it has not caused significant pain in over a year. If I start feeling twinges of badness, I take it easy and focus on range of motion activities for a while and so far that has staved off further injury.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I had a torn labrum a couple of years ago. After months of PT without complete relief, I had an ultrasound guided cortisone injection and that helped tremendously. I continued to play it safe with some of my activities for a while afterwards, but I’ve started back to running and heavy lifting and it has not caused significant pain in over a year. If I start feeling twinges of badness, I take it easy and focus on range of motion activities for a while and so far that has staved off further injury.

I had this done, diluted by the dye for the MRI, and it didn’t really help. I think we are going to try it one more time in a more concentrated form 👍🏻
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    csplatt wrote: »
    Has anyone recovered from a labral tear in the hip without surgery? I have a follow up from an MRI this week. Thanks!

Not sure if you can. Tore mine a while back and had to have surgery. Then again the Doc said I shredded mine up pretty good so I guess like everything else, it depends...