Smoothie madness

Options
Troll
Troll Posts: 922 Member
I just made, what could possibly be, the best smoothie ever. Mind you, i have a juicer-because i don't like to chew my drinks. I imagine this would work with a blender also, but of course the calories would be different because you get the whole fruit.

Tropical berry smoothie

3 scoops vanilla Body Fortress protein powder mixed with a little water or green tea.
2 limes.
1 red 1 green apple.
2 tbs lemon juice
1 cup peaches/pineapple/mango/strawberry mix (i get great value frozen fruit and thaw it overnight)
1 cup strawberries
1 cup blueberries
1 cup spinach
1.5 cup carrots.

If you use frozen, thaw in fridge overnight (parts will still be semi frozen, you can microwave a little or use it like that) run entire lot through juicer, mix in shaker bottle with protein powder mix.

Chill-enjoy. I use mine as a post-workout meal replacement or half it for breakfast. Now, the last batch created 2-24oz bottles full, at roughly 417 calories a piece. Depending on the brand/ripeness of your fruit you may get a little more or less. I use basically a serving size of everything and write down/add my macros as i go to determine the per bottle info.

PLEASE NOTE: for some reason the protein powder gets rancid VERY QUICKLY even if kept in the fridge! I have always had that problem with body fortress, even without the fruit juice. You might try another brand with better results while storing. I try to drink mine in about 2 days at the most.

Calorie boost chocolate smoothie

3 scoops chocolate protein powder
1 serving whole cashews
1 banana
1/2 tbs peanut butter (or other nut butter for those with allergies)
1/2-1 cup coconut milk-depending on how thick you prefer your drinks (can also use soymilk, skim milk, or water)
1-2 cups ice
Put all ingredients in blender, pulse/puree until smooth. If you're feeling daring, add a spoonful of low fat low sugar whipped cream and a sprinkle of cocoa powder.

I have found that these rock in just about anything (i'd drink them from a shoe) but if you have time and want a little treat, put them in a margarita glass or hot cocoa mug-mini umbrella and crazy straw totally up to you.

Replies

• lovinlife71
    Options
    sounds yummy!:smile:
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    I just saw this one on Dr. Oz site.. I think i will try it..

Sharing a a metabolism burning while sleeping: Ingredients 1 cup tart cherry juice 1/2 banana 1/2 cup soy milk or 4-6 oz soy yogurt (if using soy yogurt, add an additional 1/2 cup fat-free milk) 5 ice cubes 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract Directions Combine the cherry juice, banana, milk or yogurt with fat-free milk, ice and vanilla in a blender. Blend until smooth. Let me know how you enjoy it.. from Dr. Oz
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    wooo they make soy coconut milk.. so yummmy.. i use it in my protein shake. with strawberries.. and some ice... I purchased the hamilton Beach blender (single use) from Walmart.. one for my home and one for office...
  • joditenzer
    Options
    bump :)