Back Handsprings!!

Options
My daughter recently joined gymnastics. As a former cheerleader and gymnast myself it made me happy. It has also given me this overwheming urge to do those things again! I just tried a backbend the other day and almost killed myself! :laugh: So I am going to use that as part of my motivation to get this thing done!! I will do a back handspring again!!!

Replies

• Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    My daughter recently joined gymnastics. As a former cheerleader and gymnast myself it made me happy. It has also given me this overwheming urge to do those things again! I just tried a backbend the other day and almost killed myself! :laugh: So I am going to use that as part of my motivation to get this thing done!! I will do a back handspring again!!!

LOL - I never was able to do a back handspring. I blame my height. I can still do a back walkover though. I practice them occasionally because I like saying I can still do it!
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I was a gymnast too...I did a backbend and pulled up from it in the department the other day and secretly thought I'd die, but impressed everyone. A backhand spring would be a cool goal to acheive!!! I can still to the splits, though!
  • alicollins74
    alicollins74 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Oh I wish I could still do a back handspring...I also tried a back bend the other day and was so excited I was able to do it...I haven't tried a cartwheel again yet, but that will be the next thing...I sure miss those gymnastics days...Oh and I recently found out I can do the splits again too!
  • cometnurse
    cometnurse Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That's Awesome!! If I wasn't carrying so much around my shorty frame 5' :wink: I might could still do it too!! Ahh well that's why I'm here to get motivated!!!