What weight do you use?

Options
Just curious, does everyone count their weight loss from the day they started MFP or from their highest weight? I hit my highest weight last August and have been using that but my starting weight with MFP in May was 5.5lbs less???

Replies

• Jelleebean
    Options
    you earned those 5.5 lbs lost... just make sure your ticker reflects the right numbers :)
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Nothing to think about for me, the highest weight I've been was the same as the weight when I started here.

I suppose you should use your ultimate highest, though. That would show you as more lbs lost and definitely inspire ME to continue :) *if it were me*
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I began dieting a couple of weeks before finding MFP and count my weight and inches loss from then after retroactively logging my starting weight and measurements.
  • bcweisen
    bcweisen Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Originally I was using the weight I was the day I started MFP, but after a few months I went back and added my weight from the beginning of the year (a few months earlier) so I could use the graph feature to show my progress. Plus, now that I'm pregnant, hopefully I won't see the number going into the gain side. :)
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I used the weight that I was when I signed into MFP.
  • linnea213
    linnea213 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Thanks I think the higher number motivates me :)
  • bookworm03
    bookworm03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I started losing prior to using MFP. (20lbs) I've lost 16 since joining MFP. Combined it brings me over 1/2 way to my goal. So, I use my beginning weight prior to MFP, it makes me feel like I have less to lose and keeps me motivated when the numbers on the scale don't budge.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I tried to use my starting weight on my ticker but, it would only allow me to use the weight that I was once I joined MFP which is about about a 3 lb difference.
  • JuneGem6471
    JuneGem6471 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I use the weight I started MFP with, however that was a while back. I have been considering adjusting it because Im restarting. I like seeing 18 lbs lost, but its been a while, so I dont want to feel like Im cheating. If I went from my highest I would have a 60lb loss! But that was a couple years ago and I think sometimes its better to start fresh.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I used the weight when I started losing weight in Feb 2011. I had data at Google and they are shutting down the site, so I switched. I could copy all my data over, but it's too much work.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I use what I started MFP at. My highest weight is 230 lbs but that was well before I ever started MFP. My current weight is 165. I started MFP at 168.
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I count from my heaviest weight!!! As someone else mentioned. .I EARNED that right. :)

God bless!
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I tried to use my starting weight on my ticker but, it would only allow me to use the weight that I was once I joined MFP which is about about a 3 lb difference.

Add your true starting weight and date, and measurements if you have them, using "Add New Entry" at the bottom of the "Check-In" -> "Edit Previous Measurement Entries" page.

I didn't think twice about retroactively entering those numbers when I first joined MPF because I never thought of what I was doing as starting over. I merely began using a new set of tools to keep track of the process.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    My ticker says the weight I was when I started using MFP but I've detailed my highest weight in my signature :-))
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    This post has inspired me to change my starting to what I lost before starting MFP. It was only three pounds, but that puts me at over 15 pounds lost. Also, I only started losing weight about 3 weeks before starting MFP, not very long.
  • Sassi50
    Sassi50 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I used my weight for the day I joined....I don't want to go back the highest (even though it was only a few pounds more, but still). I want to track this journey...my final weight loss journey!!!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    The date I joined...but I note in my profile abd sugbature that I have maintained a 50# loss for 3 years now.
  • dannylives
    Options
    It makes sense to me to use the weight you started MFP with. It also makes sense to me to let your highest weight be known in the "about me" section.
  • StaceKaiman
    Options
    Currently I only use my weight from the day I started MFP, before I started MFP I managed to lose 15 lbs on my own, I never really thought about including them on my loss ticker but I guess in a way I earned the right to show that loss as well.
  • lee155
    lee155 Posts: 120
    Options
    I use the weight I started MFP.