Fat fingers!

pztodd
pztodd Posts: 102 Member
I'm looking forward to the day I can wear my wedding & engagement rings without feeling like they are cutting off circulation! I know you can't choose where you lose the fat from but it would be so lovely if the weight loss would start there. Oh the joys :D

Replies

• scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    I lost around my wrists and fingers quite early on on my weight loss. Everyone's different I suppose but perhaps it'll happen for you too.
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    scarlett_k wrote: »
    I lost around my wrists and fingers quite early on on my weight loss. Everyone's different I suppose but perhaps it'll happen for you too.

This happened to me too. I definitely have lost from the outside in. My rings got so loose I wondered if I should consider resizing, or maybe wearing them on a chain, even though I wasn't very far down on the scale yet. Then the summer happened and with the higher heat and humidity I no longer worry that if I move my hand suddenly my rings will just fly straight off my fingers.

But when autumn comes it might be time! :D

• pztodd

I've just finished my first week of watching what I eat instead of eating everything in sight. So fingers crossed, I'll see some changes in my fingers over the next few weeks :smiley:
  • pztodd
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    I find water retention affects my fingers a lot, some days my rings slide straight off others they just won't budge.
    Oh the joys indeed lol

I don't think I have a water retention issue as such but when I exercise, wow! they swell up and I can't even begin to think of wearing my rings then :(
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    I feel like my fingers are still fat despite losing over 20lbs so far! And when I walk outside in the heat/humidity, oh man do they swell.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,344 Member
    I got back to within a couple pounds of my married weight- down a net of over ninety pounds.

My wedding band, which I sized up a few years after being married, only fits my pinky, and then with difficulty.

All my other rings are loose and flop and spin all around. So far only had one accident with one coming off completely. I’m just going to hang my tiny band on my charm bracelet, along with Dad’s and husband’s original bands. Hubs can have his back if and when he loses some weight himself.

It’s weird. I can wear every single other ring with ease again, including rings I bought in high school. How tiny was my hand at some point to fit this wedding band? Doll sized?

My problem now is necklaces. Every chain I have now hangs well down into my cleavage. Several are apparently chains too difficult to shorten, according to my jeweler. Such nice jewelry going to waste. 🥲
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,722 Member
    With between 50 & 60 pounds total loss, I lost 3 ring sizes on my ring finger, from around 13 to around 10, similar magnitude drop on the others. (Yes, I have absurdly giant fingers for a woman, even at BMI 20-point-something. 🤷‍♀️) If I remembered when in the process it happened, I'd tell you . . . but I don't recall noticing the timing.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Within 6 months (about 25 lbs lost), my rings were so big they were sliding off. I thought it was fine, until my wedding ring fell off in my sleep and I had to dig though the bed to find it! I ended up buying little plastic ring size adjusters (about $3 from amazon), which work great. This way I can wait until I'm stable at goal weight before having them resized - I only want to do that once!

I haven't seen any more noticeable changes to ring fit in the last 25 lbs, so who knows?
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member

Me too, that was where I first noticed it. My wedding rings are put away until my weight stabilizes after I'm done losing, they fall off now
  • targetdriven
    targetdriven Posts: 2 Member
    pztodd wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the day I can wear my wedding & engagement rings without feeling like they are cutting off circulation! I know you can't choose where you lose the fat from but it would be so lovely if the weight loss would start there. Oh the joys :D

I hear you! In terms of non-scale victories, this is my biggest goal. My wedding ring fits OK (just about), but my engagement ring is really tight on my finger. I am so looking forward to being able to wear both of them comfortably. 22lbs down so far, and keeping this goal as motivation for more. I think I need to lose another 15lbs or so for my rings to fit me properly.