MFP Helping the Economy

Options
EmpressOfJudgment
EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
You call it drama, I call it economic stimulus. They are going to have to hire more moderators to keep this place one big old happy place where no one can disagree or say bad things. Thanks MFP! The World Economy thanks you!

Replies

• voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I believe most (if not all) mods are volunteer.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    Options
    I know. I was making a funny. Thanks for playing though. Also, you disagreed with my post. Consider yourself warned.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I still think the bigger problem is that when someone does disagree, a massive pack of hyenas pounce upon them and rip them to shreds.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    How can I post anything now, without disagreeing with one of you?!
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I still think the bigger problem is that when someone does disagree, a massive pack of hyenas pounce upon them and rip them to shreds.

No way! You're wrong and an idiot.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    Options
    Honestly, I don't spend that much time in the message boards. When I do, I just get ignored anyhow because it's pretty much like high school. It's a bunch of cliques and people blowing smoke up each others butts.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    Options
    Can I say butts? Can I say blow?
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I definitely think the mods go too far in banning, but this is true for every website. Unless the post is overtly racist or a threat on someones life, then free speech should flow freely on here.

BTW, the mod nazi's are the worst on newspaper websites, like SFGate.com or Boston.com.
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't spend that much time in the message boards. When I do, I just get ignored anyhow because it's pretty much like high school. It's a bunch of cliques and people blowing smoke up each others butts.

might be that pirate pic of yourself, some people just dont get pirates, not even when Johhny Depp plays em!
  • ChirishGirl
    Options
    I think "blow" and "butt" are useable in certain contexts. But not together. That's prostitution. Or something.

*snort*
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    Options
    I've also seen the opposite, where there was no moderation, and it got ugly. But that was mostly because it was a bunch of kids being arseholes. Why can't we all just act like adults? Adults with a sense of humor and some intelligence.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    Options
    might be that pirate pic of yourself, some people just dont get pirates, not even when Johhny Depp plays em!
    Dang it! I thought the eye patch made me appear warm, loving, and approachable.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    Options

Normally, I'd have played along and piled on just for the sake of humor, but I can't tease my Dubs like that. Even if he knows it's in good fun.
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options

Normally, I'd have played along and piled on just for the sake of humor, but I can't tease my Dubs like that. Even if he knows it's in good fun.

Normally it would have been awesome.
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Dang it! I thought the eye patch made me appear warm, loving, and approachable.

Eye patch is good to go...was the knife that was a little intimidating...
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    Options
    Shhhhh. Don't get me banned.
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I disagree with everything said above or below this post!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    ROFL :drinker: coffee withdrawal?
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Can I say butts? Can I say blow?

it depends...blow as referenced to *kitten* is a no-no....as in wind is ok......as in cocaine is questionable based on context.
    Such as: "I quit doing blow 3 years ago today" = congrats!
    but "Hey crackhead, why don't you go score some more blow?" = banhammer deluxe!

:wink: