Wierdo

Options
I ran into my 6 year crush at college ( also took me to my prom) and we were talking about how ice cream fattening and he was like.."just skip a meal".....and I was like..."are you serious??" lol I just thought it would be kind of weird for a guy to say that...besides thats the most unhealthy thing you could do to your body is skip a meal.

Replies

• Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I love ice cream.............skipping a meal is tempting:laugh:
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I have found that a lot of people have literally no clue about proper nutrition or diet.

So if I don't KNOW they know what they are talking about, I try not to listen. And yea, you are way better off eating a healthy meal, still having your ice cream, and going for a nice long run to burn it before its stored.
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    must be tons of us. i do this and know tons of people who do it as well. Never thought it was bad. saving calories i call it. (shrugs) i eat light then have the treat.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I would have thought that would be the best thing to do if you had eaten an ice cream. No point in doubling up the calories, and good food doesn't magically cancel out the bad.
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I have found that a lot of people have literally no clue about proper nutrition or diet.

So if I don't KNOW they know what they are talking about, I try not to listen. And yea, you are way better off eating a healthy meal, still having your ice cream, and going for a nice long run to burn it before its stored.

THIS!
  • Kileywyotee
    Kileywyotee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm sooo glad that Ben & Jerry's made the single serving little containers. Totally worth having a few in freezer for emergencies lol. AND I don't feel bad for having it because it's portioned. Life is too short to feel guilty over what you ate... works like a charm for me :)
  • musicmint
    Options
    I'm sooo glad that Ben & Jerry's made the single serving little containers. Totally worth having a few in freezer for emergencies lol. AND I don't feel bad for having it because it's portioned. Life is too short to feel guilty over what you ate... works like a charm for me :)

Thats exactly the kind of ice cream it was! :laugh:
    Yeah I dont agree. Skipping a meal is stupid. Thats how I was anemic before.
  • surfyre
    surfyre Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wait! I thought Ice Cream was a food group! ;)