Tips For Getting Past A Plateau

Options
I cannot for the life of me get rid of these last 10 pounds, lol. I’ve been through plateaus before, but so far, none of my “tricks” are working. What do you guys do when you’ve hit a plateau? Take a break from exercising and/or watching your calories for a few days, exercise more, become stricter with your diet, etc.?

Replies

• thisvickyruns
    thisvickyruns Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    How long haven't you lost weight for?
  • KristenDrums10
    KristenDrums10 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    How long haven't you lost weight for?

Probably about three months. I guess I just got used to losing the weight so rapidly, lol.
    sijomial wrote: »
    Taking your other post into account (cold all the time, hair not growing....) what other people do may well not be the best option for you.

Sounds like you need a diet break (eating at maintenance calories for a few weeks). Health needs to be prioritised above losing the last 10lbs. Come back to your weight loss routine (which should be at a slow rate) when you have resolved the stress that dieting has put your body under.

True, lol. I was just curious to see what other people do once they’ve hit a plateau. I’ll try eating maintenance calories for a while & see if that helps. Luckily, I have a crazy few weeks coming up, so that shouldn’t be too hard, lol. I’m mostly just afraid of going backwards & gaining again.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,114 Member
    Options
    When you switch to maintenance, you might seem to regain some weight (just from the extra food waste in your system and extra carbs) so don't panic :smile:
  • KristenDrums10
    KristenDrums10 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    When you switch to maintenance, you might seem to regain some weight (just from the extra food waste in your system and extra carbs) so don't panic :smile:

That makes perfect sense & I’ll try to keep that in mind, lol. Thanks so much! :smile: