Your current view....

Replies

• BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    JessD9031 wrote: »
    Longingly peering at my newly deceased espresso machine, laid in state... died in the night, it did.

It's been loyal & supportive... all that daily heat & steaming on demand... being moved around daily for years of travel. Being locked in hot cars, squashed into cold trunks & even dropped a number of times... it's performed well.

TY dear friend, but... couldn't you have perished after making one last morning espresso... your last gasp?

Still, RIP. I'll replace you, but I'll never forget your years of service.

3xfdkonbqdoz.jpg

c0ucx873kofu.gif

Ah, a fine right send off. Cheers... :smile:
  • BraydanTaffy
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Geez there’s a lot of pool braggers on here. I’m not jealous or anything. But I might as well join in.
    53xcgp4v9gmg.jpeg

😉

Hey, but you've got that awesome slide to aide in landing in the pool. A pool's still a pool. They all cool ya off!
  • 2Racks
    2Racks Posts: 3,677 Member
    Geez there’s a lot of pool braggers on here. I’m not jealous or anything. But I might as well join in.
    53xcgp4v9gmg.jpeg

😉

Just grateful to have a pool with almost everything still shut down up here in Ontario 🇨🇦
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    2Racks wrote: »
    53xcgp4v9gmg.jpeg

😉

Just grateful to have a pool with almost everything still shut down up here in Ontario 🇨🇦

I hope you know I was kidding! About the bragging part. I love seeing your pools. Truth is I weigh everything in life with “how much work is this going to cost me?” Pets? No thanks. Pool? No way. There are a lot of things like that that come up. When you have so many people to take care of and a couple properties you don’t look for extra work. Lol. That’s me anyway. Someday I’m going to live in a condo or apartment and have nobody to take care of. And no property to worry about. Or less anyway.
  • 2Racks
    53xcgp4v9gmg.jpeg

😉

I hope you know I was kidding! About the bragging part. I love seeing your pools. Truth is I weigh everything in life with “how much work is this going to cost me?” Pets? No thanks. Pool? No way. There are a lot of things like that that come up. When you have so many people to take care of and a couple properties you don’t look for extra work. Lol. That’s me anyway. Someday I’m going to live in a condo or apartment and have nobody to take care of. And no property to worry about. Or less anyway.

Oh of course I did lol!! It’s definitely a lot of extra work to maintain and do the up keep on it but totally worth it 🙂
  • MelG7777
    7twd4vpmecfb.jpeg
    One more pool pic for @MelG7777 😁🤗

😍😍
  • BraydanTaffy
    7twd4vpmecfb.jpeg

At night, it's got a nice glowing UFOs at Roswell, NM look about it.

I'm guessing your pool is closed in CAN with the lockdown?

In Tampa (every complex is maddening different) our pools are open (1 smaller one for kids & a larger one for older kids/adults), but via online scheduled appt only & only so many are allowed at 1 time. I'm bypassing them for now. They're still setting up socially distanced chairs poolside, as well, but all the picnic tables around the property are still gone for now.
  • 2Racks
    7twd4vpmecfb.jpeg

At night, it's got a nice glowing UFOs at Roswell, NM look about it.

I'm guessing your pool is closed in CAN with the lockdown?

In Tampa (every complex is maddening different) our pools are open (1 smaller one for kids & a larger one for older kids/adults), but via online scheduled appt only & only so many are allowed at 1 time. I'm bypassing them for now. They're still setting up socially distanced chairs poolside, as well, but all the picnic tables around the property are still gone for now.

This is my pool in my backyard, outdoor pools in city’s are slowly reopening with occupancy limits, we are close to a full reopen finally! @BraydanTaffy
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    @MelG7777 Your pool is my favorite! Your backyard is very nice!

@Fidgetbrain I'm an American. I don't have a pool of any kind in my backyard. Nobody in our neighborhood does but we all have very small backyards. Lots of the newer neighborhoods around here have community pools for residents.

Also, we swam in one of the city pools on Saturday. In past years it had gotten packed but this particular day it wasn't very busy at all in comparison and husband and I theorized that people bought pools with stimulus checks.

But to answer your question, no not everyone has a pool in their backyard and I probably wouldn't even think most do, although, I could be wrong.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited July 2021
    7EYBkl3.jpg

ZXIjwFq.jpg

Oh my. I want to be here so badly. Unless it's 120 in the shade or something.
  • ___Soundwave___
    ___Soundwave___ Posts: 1,182 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    7EYBkl3.jpg

ZXIjwFq.jpg

Oh my. I want to be here so badly. Unless it's 120 in the shade or something.

It can be quite hot, but thankfully not quite THAT hot. Sun protection is a must once the day gets going, however.
  • 0atmeel
    0atmeel Posts: 157 Member
    State trap shooting. Cold and rainy but fun to watch.
    ptl4h5u3paor.jpeg

What state is this? I never seen this before.
  • MelG7777
    millerjr5 wrote: »
    State trap shooting. Cold and rainy but fun to watch.
    ptl4h5u3paor.jpeg

What state is this? I never seen this before.

Wisconsin. About 1200 kids gathered for their state competition with their high schools.