Post a quote

Replies

• JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    “So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.
    When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.”

Tecumseh
  • judowolf
    judowolf Posts: 77 Member
    JessD9031 wrote: »
    “So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.
    When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.”

Tecumseh

Jess, I've never heard this quote, but I find it quite inspiring...thanks for sharing, it made my day
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,430 Member
    8k1zcsqad7lv.jpeg
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    o0qiya6vk5x3.jpeg
  • honey_honey_12
    8qgunjcwgke1.jpeg
  • Miz_Owl
    Miz_Owl Posts: 3,026 Member
    qu30l93dltn2.jpg
  • Sixteen_Tons
    Sixteen_Tons Posts: 61 Member
    The difference between endangered and extinct is forever - Phillips Petroleum. I always found that ironic & incongruous.

The man on top of the mountain... didn't fall there. -
  • Sixteen_Tons
    Sixteen_Tons Posts: 61 Member
    “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” Hunter S. Thompson

Amen, From the man himself!

• honey_honey_12
    zbqa30uelrcz.jpeg
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,357 Member
    JessD9031 wrote: »

Tecumseh

Isn't this poem (part) of Act of Valor?
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member

She only kept her bed two days, continuing to discourse cheerfully with those about her to the very last. At last, when she could hardly speak, and in her death agony, she let a big wind escape. “Well!” said she, turning around, “a woman that can fart is not yet dead!” These were her last words.
    -Rousseau Confessions
  • honey_honey_12
    5osd3w2x5t0s.jpeg
  • honey_honey_12
    “The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket.”

Will Rogers
  • CycleMomOf3
    CycleMomOf3 Posts: 336 Member
    y5b9enuka5nc.jpg
  • honey_honey_12
    6rnqh7obhrdf.jpeg
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    Tell me and I forget.
    Teach me and I remember.
    Involve me and I learn.

Franklin
  • SERobinsonJr
    SERobinsonJr Posts: 94 Member
    Nobody exists on purpose, Nobody belongs anywhere, we’re all going to die. Stop taking everything so seriously in life, in the end, it all means nothing because all you have is yourself and what you choose to do with your life. Stop waiting for things to get handed to you, go out and get it. - Rick and Morty
  • strangeanimal55
    strangeanimal55 Posts: 87 Member
    Nobody exists on purpose, Nobody belongs anywhere, we’re all going to die. Stop taking everything so seriously in life, in the end, it all means nothing because all you have is yourself and what you choose to do with your life. Stop waiting for things to get handed to you, go out and get it. - Rick and Morty

You forgot the best part. "Now let's go watch TV"
  • honey_honey_12
    fv1ao8ovzvn8.jpeg