Looking for a good/great tasting protein shake

Options
I tried my friends chocolate Shakeology, and I know alot of people rave about it, but I couldn't get more than 2 sips down. I never drink soda...purely a water drinker, so the shake tasted very artificial to me...not a fan of sweeteners. Is there a brand you've tried that actually tastes good? Not looking for meal replacement..more for a snack or something after working out.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    all taste great with water

Myofusion
    Truetein
    Ultra peptide 2.0
  • joditenzer
    Options
    cool... are those GNC?
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I have heard bad things about Shakeology.

Honestly, i am a fan of ON nutrition brand(vanilla), Body fortress(vanilla, chocolate, cookies and cream, and the instant protien shots in fruit punch), syntrax nectar(carribean cooler) , muscle milk(vanilla), and protein blitz(punch, grape, and orange). The thing with protein is you really just have to shop around-places like GNC and the Vitamin Shoppe usually have individual packets for 75-99 cents so you can grab a handful and try several brands to see which ones you prefer!
  • The best tasting protein shake I have found is called Vanilla Bean from GNC.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    cool... are those GNC?

brands are as follows

Gaspari
    Tru Nutrition
    Xtreme Formulations

google them and you will find a ton of places that sell it around the net
  • sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress - Super Advanced Whey Protein- Chocolate paired with you favorite milk!
  • brucedelaney
    brucedelaney Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress - Super Advanced Whey Protein- Chocolate paired with you favorite milk!

my wife and i go for Body Fortress as well, we sometimes use the chocolate in our coffee but they taste pretty good in water even.
  • joditenzer
    Options
    great...thanks for the suggestions :)
  • stephaniej05
    Options
    Smart Smoothies from Complete Nutrition! They have a natural vanilla bean that tastes like ice cream! Hands down the best one I've tried!
  • Faeriegirl74
    Faeriegirl74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I just love my Shakeology...but I don't mix it with water... I use milk instead and blend with ice. Mixed with water and not blended I can't tolerate...but in smoothie form it taste great. Don't do Greenberry, ugh... the chocolate rocks!
  • slbeutler
    Options
    I personally love both flavors of shakeology mixed right, but it is not for everyone. Other shakes I have tried are Muscle milk, it will give you a snack, but I am not as confident about the ingredients. Body by Vi has a shake as well, I have never tried it, but the ingredients don't look as bad as some things you can find out there.
  • theperfectratio
    theperfectratio Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I use ON Gold Standard Whey. I have a shake 'recipe' I use that is ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS...it tastes like ice cream:

1/2 frozen banana (or a whole one, depending on your cals/macros/how much you want)
    1 scoop Vanilla Whey (or any flavor, I like vanilla)
    Splash of soy milk (or almond, or non-fat, or etc etc...how much you want to put in depends on how 'watery' you want it to be)
    Cinnamon to taste

If you want it sweeter, you can add stevia, agave, or honey, but I like it just like that. It comes out wonderfully similar to soft serve and it tastes sooooo good...with a balance of carbs + protein that's perfect for post-workout :D! I'm sure you can use this recipe with any protein powder too.
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    I have Body Fortress Chocolate Peanut Butter.

1 scoop of powder
    1 cup skim milk
    1/2 medium banana
    McCormick brand Cinnamon & Sugar
    Blend well in blender.

YUMMY!!!!
  • theperfectratio
    Options
    I have Body Fortress Chocolate Peanut Butter.

1 scoop of powder
    1 cup skim milk
    1/2 medium banana
    McCormick brand Cinnamon & Sugar
    Blend well in blender.

YUMMY!!!!
    LOL this is exactly the recipe I just posted too. Great minds think alike, obviously.
  • joditenzer
    Options
    Definitely do not need sweeteners... the problem I found with Shakeology was that it was too sweet for me...i'm a super-dark chocolate fan... meaning I prefer less-sweet things. Those recipes sound great!
  • theperfectratio
    Options
    Definitely do not need sweeteners... the problem I found with Shakeology was that it was too sweet for me...i'm a super-dark chocolate fan... meaning I prefer less-sweet things. Those recipes sound great!
    Yeah that's why I like the vanilla for ON...not as sickly sweet. Here's another for you...

Mocha Mock-accino
    -1 frozen banana
    -3/4 cup of black coffee
    -2 tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
    -ice cubes
    -stevia to sweeten
    -1 serving of protein powder
    ((Blend))

I'm trying to find this website I stumbled across that is COMPLETELY devoted to protein powder recipes, but I'm at work. I'll get them to you after!
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    The vi shape nutritional shake mix is delicious blended with milk or fruit. It's a great recovery shake and cures the munchies! Definitely must try!!!