I have fallen off track and need help to get back on.

I'm down 70lbs with 70 left to go and I've completely fallen off course with my food. I am still exercising but I can't seem to stop myself from overeating. I could desperately use some support!!

Replies

• Sixteen_Tons
    Sixteen_Tons Posts: 61 Member
    You've already proven you can do it! What type of diet are you following?. If you want you can friend me, I definitely don't have all the answers, but this isn't my first rodeo, Sometimes there are other things in play that are causing you to sabotage yourself. I had some ancient guilt issues that I needed to resolve, now I'm down 60 pounds from my high of 440 and still losing.

Remember you've already done something amazing, spend some time reflecting on that and try ang recapture
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,454 Member
    Do you keep a food diary? If not, start one. Log everything you eat or drink that has calories. Don’t worry about the numbers at first. When you’re ready, calculate the maintenance calories for your current weight and plan menus for that. Don’t concern yourself with losing weight until you have control of the process. Don’t worry about how long it takes. Sometimes the best we can do for a while is not gain. The process is more important than the numbers.
  • DW1Texas
    DW1Texas Posts: 131 Member
    I fight this issue a lot - when I go more than a couple of days without following my plan I try to change up my schedule - prepare "good" food to have ready when those cravings come around and I also find that I am not drinking enough water. Many times you may be thirsty but it comes across as hunger, staying hydrated is critical when working out and cutting calories.

Also remember its a marathon not a sprint - there will be peaks and valleys - try to stay consistent and work towards a goal each day - they will add up to success in the end.
  • thisvickyruns
    thisvickyruns Posts: 193 Member
    I'm down 70lbs with 70 left to go and I've completely fallen off course with my food. I am still exercising but I can't seem to stop myself from overeating. I could desperately use some support!!

time for a diet break?
  • amythebooklady
    amythebooklady Posts: 1 Member
    I'm there with you. Thanks to those who already shared. Good stuff I needed to hear.