JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Options

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Check in on MFP. Check weather. Walk at park?
    2. Morning: S&F script work. Work on green room. Make list of items to donate and items to dump. Where is the dump?? Where can pictures hang? Transportation? Umbrella / cane / sword storage. Suede jackets? Clean out grey cabinet. Set up photo organization with parents. Write transcript.
    3. Run lines for Little Princess. Check paypal. Write documentation post/script; Zoom w/S. Set up weights.
    4. Brunch: Oatmeal. Scrub one necklace with toothpaste.
    5. Afternoon: Choose orgs for donations? Log reading on Beanstalk and Goodreads. Check on plates. Read: 1 hr. Put laundry away. Film scripts Wednesday.
    6. Evening: Clois. Dinner: Dutch baby? Livestream.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    8. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    9. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga; ask about 400 souls. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. Call Dr. to RS. World lit book to S Fri-Sat; forward email contact. 9 Round - check on free week.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    Today: 195.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – Late Oct? ObG schedule for ??. PCP Aug 17. Therapy July 27.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. Office conversion.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create PDFs for video lessons. Change the green room into an office.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Tomorrow's goal is to do a round of therapy exercises and balance work on the even hours. Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes. I hope...
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    Does anyone remember the lady that used to be here from England that had the two little girls and was a teacher. I can’t think of her name on MFP. Has anyone heard from her?

For some reason she’s been on my mind.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Does anyone remember the lady that used to be here from England that had the two little girls and was a teacher. I can’t think of her name on MFP. Has anyone heard from her?

For some reason she’s been on my mind.

Faebert?
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Tuesday 6 July

Health goals
    Log (and catch up on missed entries) 😊
    Stay in the green 👿
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 👿
    Fitbit exercise goals 👿
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️ 😊

Domestic goals
    More decluttering and another valuation ✅

@littleblackskirt we’re selling the house we had before moving to Scotland
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Wednesday 7July

Health goals
    Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️

Domestic goals
    More decluttering - gift boxes, wrapping paper, ribbons and other stationery items for charity shop
    Pay bills etc.
    Change guest bed
    Laundry
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 948 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options

@littleblackskirt we’re selling the house we had before moving to Scotland

Ah, that makes sense! I was hoping you hadn't gone off Scotland already! Fingers crossed for a quick and problem free sale.

I think you're right, Faebert was the English lady who posted. I hope she's doing ok.

@Snowflake1968 I love that you want to see a cowboy and some tumbleweed :)

• littleblackskirt
    Options

JFT Tuesday 6th July

No more than one small snack I had one through the day, and then failed by taking a small snack to bed. Bad bad habit!
    Reasonable portion sizes yes
    Finish business ironing yes all done
    Do some reading prior to doing yearly accounts all read, now just have to actually do the accounts!
    Walk yes, just my usual 35 minute route

I babysat last night whilst my son went grocery shopping. I came home a little more determined to lose weight and keep doing my back exercises, as we had discussed what might happen in the future when he has his son and has to work. Looks like I will be doing more babysitting. I'm not sure I want to do it full time but on the other hand I'm the only family member who's available. No point worrying just yet, but I do like to plan ahead!

JFT Wednesday 7th July

No more than one small snack
    Reasonable portion sizes
    Do back exercises (been getting lazy with these)
    Gardening
    Paint little garden tables
    Get car fixed ( I hit a deer on my way to work early morning, I felt so guilty)
    Walk
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,314 Member
    Options

JFT Tuesday
    - Work by 8:30 :smiley:
    - Create Power Point for data integrity :smiley:
    - Protein bar for breakfast :smiley:
    - Meetings at 11:00 & 12:30, try to squeeze in lunch :smiley:
    - Audit in Delrin :neutral: They rescheduled
    - Create Calibration Schedule for July :smiley:
    - Swim meet after work :smiley:
    - Log Food :smiley:
    - Eat within calorie allotment :smiley:
    - No alcohol :smiley:
    - Bed by 11:30 :smiley:
    - Catch TdF highlights :smiley:

Hope y'all have a fab day!

Had a pretty good day yesterday. Didn't eat enough, but I wasn't really all that hungry. Could have been the heat.

I did do a cool but terrifying thing last night, I started the process for my youngest daughter to be a foreign exchange student to Japan. It's a awesome opportunity, but boy is it hard thinking about sending her halfway around the world for 10 months. It is also quite pricey, but our financial advisor says we may be able to use a portion of our college funds for this as well. Which would be awesome!!!

Any way, today was the start to my new gym routine. I went to the Y and did a group training session. There were women of all shapes and sizes. I think I know more about lifting than most, but I am woefully out of shape. I was able to do everything unmodified, but I was definitely sucking wind by the end. Even felt a little nauseous from exertion, but I didn't hurl so that is a start. I'm proud of me for going and I really liked the women that were there a few I knew, but they aren't ones that I feel will compare me now to fit me from before.

Today is a rather low key day. Work from home, take daughter to doc appointment and do some laundry in between tasks.

JFT Wednesday
    - Gym at 6:15 :smiley:
    - Work from Home
    - V to doctor
    - Log Stay within calorie allotment
    - Do training modules
    - Do laundry, why is there always so much laundry???
    - Go to grocery store
    - Make dinner
    - Go for a walk
    - No alcohol
    - Bed by 11:30

That should just about do it... Have an excellent day!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

07/06/2021 JFT:

✅MCAT Live Course 3 hours
    ❌Yoga
    ❌Elliptical 30 minutes
    ❌Grocery Inventory
    ✅Laundry
    ❌Prepare note cards for one ch. of Beh. Sc.

I've gotta keep it short today bc I am running a bit late in starting my day, Lol!! 😅

Hugs to you all!! Stay strong!! 🌷🤗🌷

Yesterday was just loaded with ❌'s. Traveling during peak milo (sorghum hay) bloom was probably not ideal. I am very allergic to it and have been overwhelmed with allergy symptoms!! During my class yesterday, I remembered some advice I received from one of my doctors in the past, so I refueled and rested. It gave my body the nutrients and rest it needed to adjust to my meds bc today I am feeling better. Sometimes just eating and resting your body will help, Lol!! I am not 100% yet but I feel strong enough to get back to my routine.

07/07/2021 JFT:

AM kiddo routine (may keep the little guy home today bc his allergies seem to be bothering him)
    AM errands (T.M.S, J.J., Breakfast)
    Yoga
    MCAT Live course 3 hours
    Elliptical 30 minutes
    PM kiddo routine (depends on AM decisions)
    Dinner, etc.

Gonna keep it fairly light today. You ladies are fabulous!! Keep staying strong and pushing on!!
    🌻🤠🌻
  • MLHC1
    edited July 2021
    Options

@MLHC1 - Texas is one of my travel wishes. I have been in it, but it was with my husband driving truck. I didn’t see a tumbleweed, a ranch or a cowboy. Maybe someday.

Texas is fabulous!! Just driving thru on the highway isn't the way to enjoy it, I agree. If you ever get the chance to visit, I recommend the Palo Duro Canyon Texas show. People from all over the world visit there but the 4th of July show is the best one (more fireworks, BBQ, etc). I also recommend the San Antonio River Walk and the zoo, those are both fun. Fredericksburg Texas has an amazing Christmas parade with tons of festivities, plus it is beautiful there!! There are some neat caverns out in east Texas. Floating the Guadalupe River is a must!! The Big Bend State Park is also amazing!! I am sure I could keep the list rambling on and on, Lol!! I hope you get a chance to visit this great state one day!!

🌻🤠🌻
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,473 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Caught up with everyone's posts but no time to respond to individuals. (((HUGS))) to those with challenges!

Recap 7/6 T
    1) Move hourly :) 13/14 & 11.1K
    2) Not sure about supper / NO evening snacks / net cals zero / 14c water :s Cooked yak patty & steamed asparagus, with big side salad from farmers market bounty. Ate one rhubarb strawberry bar (not enough eaten or shared at family gathering on Sat.) then ate 3 sandwich cookies after washing huge pile of dirty dishes. Only 9c water. Ack!
    3) GA-IT review mgmt responses (11 days early!) & issue report / GA-C/V fieldwork at MC, IMAC, P & OTC locations / submit Aug. vacation request form / submit vehicle ins. docs = 4/4
    4) Preorder R supper for GBBG concert / call mom & dad <3 mom was being sassy about her health but she seems to be doing well with knee replacement rehab / wash dishes / other chore? no time = 3/4
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS yay / RETAINERS double yay / VOLTAREN / Calm app before bed too late / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) raining = 4/6

JFT 7/7 W
    1) X-train after work
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) NO evening snacks (stop with the salty and/or sugar!) / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) GA-C/V fieldwork at MS & schedule MC VIP / update mileage log / make progress on F&Ds / catch up emails
    5) Personal time 10:30 - 12:00 / financial advisor call 11:00 w/ hubby / if rain stops 7:30 concert at St. James Park / if raining make lemon zucchini muffins / cut & freeze rhubarb / something on ta-da list (a la @HEGoddard0928 I love it!)
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

Yesterday was a struggle at work: somewhere between site locations, my badge clip opened & I lost my door key badge. Fortunately my ID badge was still attached. Retraced my steps, alerted Security, even returned to parking ramp, but no luck. John fortunately was able to provide replacement mid-afternoon. Later I misplaced my car keys, panicked while I searched, even checked my car (in the rain) and eventually found keys in an unlikely place in my office. I need to start paying more attention to what I'm doing. Or is this the start of my dementia?

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

JFT, 7/6/21

- Wake up by 10 ✅
    - Update JFT ✅
    - Verify that deposit went through ✅
    - Pay 1 car payment ✅
    - Close outside office door ✅ Actually did this yesterday. Lol. But after I made today's to-do list
    - ADHD-fy fridge ✅Not the best bc we have a rather small and very old fridge but I did the best I could.
    - Vacuum living room🛑Was gonna make Matt do it and then we just never got around to it. Lol
    - Hang/drawer clean clothes!!✅ So so so proud of myself for this! It was three loads! But OMG! It took like a quarter of the time it usually takes to fold the clothes! All I did was hang up a bunch of stuff and put all the stuff I couldn't hang/all of Matt's stuff into drawers. I barely folded anything and Holy Crow! Not only did I feel incredibly proud of myself for it it didn't COMPLETELY sap my energy! Lol
    - Cook dinner ✅Just sauteed some chicken, threw in some frozen veggies, and added some soy sauce, garlic salt, and lemon pepper. So so so simple and very yummy!
    - Read 1 chapter of beta book🛑 This is something that I'm going to have some trouble doing but I think I might be able to get it done by the deadline.
    -Ta-Da lista list of things I've done during the day. Like the opposite of a to-do list. I call it a Ta-Da list bc it's like TA DA look at all I've done today! Lol 🛑 Completely forgot until right before bed and then I was going to do it while sitting in bed. That didn't happen. Lol.
    - Night time routine 🛑Took my meds but that's already a set routine.

I actually got a lot more done yesterday than I thought I would. Although last evening was kind of a wash. I got some stuff done for the story I'm going to start outlining soon but other than I pretty much just stared at my phone and lost track of time. It went from being 8:30 to 12am in the blink of an eye(called time blindness).

I'm glad that you guys like the Ta-Da List idea! That makes me so happy! I've already started mine for the day. I heard a tip to keep adding to it throughout the day so that you can see how much you've done as you go. One of the big reasons it helps is bc it shows you how much you've done and gives you something to celebrate. A lot of people will do a task and instead of celebrating it and telling themselves good job they immedately think that "Yes, I did X but Y is still not done." So they beat themselves for the not done things, instead of celebrating the things that they have done!

Okay, on to some goals!

JFT, 7/7/21

- Up by 10✅
    - Update JFT✅
    - Get milk
    - Walmart
    - Empty Dishwasher
    - Finish laundry
    - Write 10 thing for story
    - TA-DA List
    - Shower!
    - Night time routine!
    - Look up ADHD coaches(OPTIONAL)
  • littleblackskirt
    Options

JFT Wednesday 7th July

No more than one small snack 3 by lunchtime! This is harder than I thought!
    Do back exercises (been getting lazy with these) no, was too stiff and sore by evening, need to fit them in earlier in the day
    Gardening yes, stopped by thunderstorm in morning, so did evening instead. So lovely to be able to potter in garden until late
    Paint little garden tables yes
    Get car fixed ( I hit a deer on my way to work early morning, I felt so guilty) yes
    Walk no, gardened instead

Still pretty stiff and sore after all the bending yesterday, so having an easier day today. i'm going to visit my sister-in-law and sit in her garden. Will be lovely to have a catch up, we used to enjoy days out and obviously haven't done that for a long time.

JFT Thursday 8th July

No more than one small snack
    Reasonable portion sizes
    Back exercises
    Dog sitting
    Move garden tables, do bins, load car for Saturday
    Walk

• MLHC1
    edited July 2021
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

07/07/2021 JFT:

✅ AM kiddo routine (may keep the little guy home today bc his allergies seem to be bothering him) ➡️ He adjusted quickly with some allergy med. on board so he went to school. Potty training win, only 1 accident!! 🥳
    ✅ AM errands (T.M.S, J.J., Breakfast)
    ✅ Yoga
    ✅ MCAT Live course 3 hours
    ✅ Elliptical 30 minutes
    ✅ PM kiddo routine (depends on AM decisions)
    ✅ Dinner, etc. ➡️ leftovers for dinner 😉

Logged a win yesterday!! Just a small JFT but a win nonetheless!! I'll take it!! 🤗

07/08/2021 JFT:

AM Kiddo Routine
    Yoga
    MCAT Live Session 3 hours
    Elliptical 30 minutes
    PM Kiddo Routine
    Beh Sc. End of Ch. Note Cards
    Dinner, etc

Just adding one more element so this should be manageable!! Gonna build small.

You ladies amaze me everytime I read thru your posts!! Strong, devoted women overcoming life's hurdles;
    I Love It!! 🌷

May you all have a blessed day today my friends!!
    😎👍

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Recap 7/7 W
    1) X-train after work :( too lazy
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks :neutral: 11/14 & 7.1K lost track several times
    3) NO evening snacks (stop with the salty and/or sugar!) / net cals zero / 14c water :s Net cals -370 & 11c
    4) GA-C/V fieldwork at MS & schedule MC VIP / update mileage log / make progress on F&Ds / catch up emails 3/4
    5) Personal time 10:30 - 12:00 / financial advisor call 11:00 w/ hubby / if rain stops 7:30 concert at St. James Park skipped due to wet & cool weather / if raining make lemon zucchini muffins / cut & freeze rhubarb skipped due to lazy / something on ta-da list (a la @HEGoddard0928 I love it!) TA-DA! :smiley:
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) :smiley: 6/6

JFT 7/8 R
    1) Walked dog 3.14 mi before work, saw sandhill cranes in nearby field & dog got treat from garbage man :smiley: happy dog & satisfied me (crap weather & just not wanting to get out of my bed)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / pace in office during webinar
    3) Prelog food / ONLY "minor" dessert at lunch / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) GA-C/V complete fieldwork & contract F&Ds / submit Surveillance request / 2:00 webinar / 3:30 fieldwork at MC VIP cage (remember mileage log) / emails?
    5) Cut & freeze rhubarb / 5:30 check-in & pick up preordered box meal / GBBG concert / one ta-da?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Check in on MFP. Check weather. Walk at park?
    2. Morning: S&F script work. Work on green room. Make list of items to donate and items to dump. Where is the dump?? Transportation? Where can pictures hang? Umbrella / cane / sword storage. Suede jackets? Clean out grey cabinet. Set up photo organization with parents. Write transcript.
    3. Run lines for Little Princess. Zoom w/S; film documentation script. Set up weights.
    4. Brunch: Oatmeal. Scrub one necklace with toothpaste. Create description for Expectations video.
    5. Afternoon: Choose orgs for donations? Log reading on Beanstalk and Goodreads. Check on plates. Read: 1 hr. Put laundry away.
    6. Evening: Clois. Dinner: Dutch baby? SHOW.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    8. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    9. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga; ask about 400 souls. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. Call Dr. to RS. World lit book to S Fri-Sat; forward email contact. 9 Round - check on free week. IS to check on jobs over the weekend.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    Today: 194.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – Late Oct? ObG schedule for ??. PCP Aug 17. Therapy July 27.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. Office conversion.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create PDFs for video lessons. Change the green room into an office.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. I got a new phone and have to reset everything and it's somewhat overwhelming.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • littleblackskirt
    Options

JFT Thursday 8th July

No more than one small snack 2
    Back exercises no
    Dog sitting yes
    Move garden tables, do bins, load car for Saturday yes, yes, no
    Walk no, too sore

I didn't achieve very much yesterday, time was taken up with visiting, then seeing (and feeding) son and grandson.

JFT Friday 9th July

Only one small snack
    Reasonable portion sizes
    Back exercises
    Dog sitting
    Load car
    Do mother's bills
    Housework

@pridesabtch I really feel for both you and your daughter, it's so hard when a child is unhappy. (Isn't there a saying about a mother can only be as happy as her most unhappy child). I hope your daughter can get the help she needs to see that she is precious just as she is, regardless of what her sister achieves.