What is the weather like today

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    After several days of dragging butt through 85-90 degree humidity, it's 68 with a little breeze this a.m. Beautiful!

Those of you who are living with scorching dangerous temps, please stay cool and safe. Hydrate. :(
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    @tmanfive Beautiful.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Gonna be hot with a chance of rain. Seventy tenth day in a row.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,463 Member
    Rain, hot, humid 😰
  • Peachesand_cream
    Peachesand_cream Posts: 594 Member
    It's hot like really really hot with a humidity index of holy f it's hot like walking through a boiling pot of chicken noodle soup hot it's hot
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    It's hot like really really hot with a humidity index of holy f it's hot like walking through a boiling pot of chicken noodle soup hot it's hot

😆

Yeah.. was going to do my lunch walk.. only made halfway...🥵
  • Peachesand_cream
    Peachesand_cream Posts: 594 Member
    lx1x wrote: »

😆

Yeah.. was going to do my lunch walk.. only made halfway...🥵

You brave soul!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Monsoon season has arrived in NM. Hot during the day with thunderstorms developing usually late afternoon with building humidity and then it dumps and cools everything down for beautiful evenings.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Monsoon season has arrived in NM. Hot during the day with thunderstorms developing usually late afternoon with building humidity and then it dumps and cools everything down for beautiful evenings.

NM is in Asia?

😆

mon·soon
    /mänˈso͞on/
    noun
    a seasonal prevailing wind in the region of South and Southeast Asia, blowing from the southwest between May and September and bringing rain (the wet monsoon ), or from the northeast between October and April (the dry monsoon ).

We just call it summer weather in MD.
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    Another, absolutely gorgeous, suns out buns out, 90 degree day.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

@Peachesand_cream

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47b0wv66ndm4vzcufhipzrd6igymh0f6fhle5cdkup&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

NM is in Asia?

😆

mon·soon
    /mänˈso͞on/
    noun
    a seasonal prevailing wind in the region of South and Southeast Asia, blowing from the southwest between May and September and bringing rain (the wet monsoon ), or from the northeast between October and April (the dry monsoon ).

That definition is correct, yet incomplete.

There is a definitive monsoon season also in the American Southwest.

https://climas.arizona.edu/sw-climate/monsoon

.... and it's pretty uncomfortable too.

• Fun fun fun tree down from yesterdays storm also took down part of the fence!!
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Is day drinking weather
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited July 2021

NM is in Asia?

😆

mon·soon
    /mänˈso͞on/
    noun

Well, there's also a thing called the North American Monsoon System that goes from mid June through September and heavily impacts NM and the desert Southwest in general. So the definition is incomplete.

Extreme heat, high winds, driving rain and hail, lighting, flash flooding...it can get pretty gnarly pretty quick. Overall I welcome the moisture, but there are other elements that can be pretty dangerous pretty quick and we get at least something pretty much every afternoon. After the storms pass, it's beautiful...provided your roof is still intact and/or you haven't had any trees fall and damage your property.

https://www.weather.gov/abq/prepawaremonsoonhome
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Pleasant. Not too hot and sunny with a breeze. I keep seeing people out on the river and I want to be doing that too. I’ve never been in a kayak and have no one to go with. Bummer. Plus gotta go to work 🙃
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    Hot, humid, chance of bison burgers on the BGE tonight and skinny dipping after dark.
  • Miz_Owl
    Miz_Owl Posts: 3,026 Member
    Normally on July my grass is burnt to a crisp do to lack of rain and drought.
    This year in July first time in a long time it's been raining a lot and my grass is green in July !