To much fruit

Options
I had been on weight watchers. I will still use them for in person support because it seems like this platform doesn’t allow for that. One of the reasons I’m using my fitness pal is that I was gaining weight even though I was following weight watchers to the t. I decided to see exactly how many calories I was eating based on their endless allowance of fruit. 600 calories alone in apples per day. OMG! So just in the last few days since I’ve pulled back on the fruit using this app-6.7 down! Wow!!!!

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    MFP only "doesn't allow for" in-person support insofar as it's a website and doesn't have a brick-and-mortar location in meatspace. The social support is what these forums and the Groups feature are for, but if text on a screen just doesn't do it for you the way face-to-face interaction does, WW is probably a good use of your time and money.

Also yeah, it's very easy to overeat even if you stick to only the "free" foods on your WW plan. Apples and chicken breast and whatever else is on the zero-point list all still have calories, and that's what it comes down to. I guess you're the outlier who can actually eat a whole bushel of apples in a week - I think they bank on most people not doing that, LMAO.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... The key to weight loss is that everything with calories has to be limited. But, I think the Weight Watchers meetings can make all the difference. Perhaps WW + MFP is the perfect combo!

When I was first married I gained a little weight, so I decided to attend WW with my new bride, who also wanted to control her weight. They used a booklet to track your eating for the day. (Anyone remember WW "portions?") I created a spreadsheet that would track them across all meals. I remember showing it to the WW employee, who thought I was 1) a total nerd, 2) unfairly allowed to eat a ton of food, and 3) way to light to be on WW in the first place. (Not for long!) But, she was very thin as well, and was a WW session leader. Yes, it's takes a lot of work just to maintain your weight. Ah, good times!
  • jandsmott4451
    jandsmott4451 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    MsCzar wrote: »
    With all those "free" fruits and veggies allowed on WW, I'd never lose a gram. I can easily devour 800 calories of WW no-points foods in a day.
    With all those "free" fruits and veggies allowed on WW, I'd never lose a gram. I can easily devour 800 calories of WW no-points foods in a day.

I can easily devour way more calories than I need. Apples were my friend until I had eaten nothing but apples and I gained. Something wasn’t right! 🤷‍♀️
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    Options

I can easily devour way more calories than I need. Apples were my friend until I had eaten nothing but apples and I gained. Something wasn’t right! 🤷‍♀️
    I guess it depends on the particular fruit or vegetable. With some of the more calorie-dense ones, it would be pretty easy to gain weight if you overdid them. For me, eating plenty of non-starchy vegetables and some fruit makes it easier to lose weight, and I feel better too.
  • jandsmott4451
    jandsmott4451 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    “Some” fruit isn’t easy for me which is the down fall of zero points fruit. I want to eat to my hearts content. 10 prices of fruit a day is to much for me.
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    There's at least one "volume eaters" thread that you might find useful and/or interesting. Among other things, it may be helpful to know you're not the only one. :)

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10563959/volume-eaters-thread