Scales keep showing different weights help?

Options
My scales keep showing different weights depending on how i stand on them how hard i step on to them , i weigh myself at the exact same time wearing the exact same thing but ive noticed how i step on to them and the way i stand can change the result by up to a kg like for example this morning i got on with a bit of a heavy step and the first weight was my current weight now then the next time i steeped on it was with a light foot and it was down 0.2 then the next time i stepped on it was a whole kg over ,,,,,,,,,,,, what weight should i take i did these three weighs this morning

im going to enter the lowest weight i got as its what i usually do but its really confusing and makes me worried that sometimes the scales are telling me either i weigh more or less than i actually do just because i step on them a certain way

Replies

• sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    my scales did that today i weighed in at 146lbs then a short while later i was 2lbs lighter are yours digital scales
  • denimangel
    denimangel Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am sure going with the lowest weight would be acceptable. My scale doesn't depend on how i step on it or stand on it. I would like the "blame" the fluctuations in my weight on my scale.. but I can't unfortunately. What kind of scale do you have? How old is it? or is it new? is it on a flat hard surface or carpeting? Sometimes just where we put it will make a difference.
  • woo1324
    woo1324 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    hey thanks guys , its a digital scale i have been using it for a few years and i have found it more accurate than the more expenisve one i bought ,,, i have it on a flat surface the flatest i could find in the house lol im very particular about my weigh in routine but i can feel when i step in it if its going to be a heavier or lighter weight , i get how my weight will fluctuate throughout the day that doesnt worry me to much seeing as i only weigh myself in the morning what i dont get is how i can get so many drastically different weights with in the same 5 minutes in the morning it makes it very hard to see how i am progressing and can set me up for either being really happy and confident for the day or really down
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Scales have ALWAYS done that to me and I've wondered how anyone ever knew for certain how much they really weighed!!

I bought a brand new digital scale and it does the same thing. I can stop on, weigh one thing..step off andweight another....I try to keep doing that until I start getting the same weight....after I get the same weight about three times, I decide that is what I record.....

It is frustrating..sometimes I step on and it's as much as 5 lbs difference depending upon how I stand and how heavy...I think that heavy foot must bump it up....

But, I had regular scales before and they do the same thing depending upon where I stand on them....
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    How hard you step onto the scales shouldn't have an effect on the actual weight, though it could with time throw the calibration out, especially over time.
    Where you stand on the scales and how your weight is balanced over your feet WILL affect the reading. If you don't have your weight centered over the scale, it will continue to give funky readings each time you weigh yourself. It's the nature of scales/balances.
  • amyschaefer
    Options
    This has been making me crazy! I can step on and step off and it can vary by 3 lbs depending on how I get on and how careful my step is. I don't know what is right so I am taking the weight I get when I walk up and step on with a regular step. It is usually the higher weight but that is fine because I want my ultimate goal weight to be the higher reading...so that is the one I go by. That way if I step on and it is lower than my goal I will be just fine with that!