What was your favorite bike upgrade?

Options
2»

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    My watch says I need to change the batteries in my pedals. It's been telling me for the last couple rides, so I'm about to do it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I haven't really upgraded anything on my road or mountain bike...but I used to primarily ride an aluminum CX bike because I was riding various terrain when I first started...then started riding mostly road and decided to upgrade to a carbon road bike, and that was pretty killer.

Now I have three bikes...the CX bike stays on my direct drive smart trainer for Zwift...road for road, and my MTB when I want to go play in the dirt.
  • helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    On the actual bike, di2 or possibly tubeless tyres for not worrying too much about punctures.

For cycling enjoyment, training properly with a coach and losing weight by sorting out my nutrition has made a huge difference to how good I feel on hills in particular.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    My watch says I need to change the batteries in my pedals. It's been telling me for the last couple rides, so I'm about to do it.

When I was downloading a firmware update from my mobile phone to my pedals I had a flashback to my first job as a computer operator in 1978 running a machine the size of an elephant using paper tape and punched cards.....
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Not really an upgrade, but still kind of an upgrade.

About 10 years ago I bit the bullet and went with a full custom steel singlespeed frame and build. At the time there weren't a lot of slack 130mm hardtails on the market, and I wanted one that could be run geared or SS. A lot of the "tech" is pretty dated now (no dropper post, no boost hubs, etc), but damn the thing rides well.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    On the actual bike, di2 or possibly tubeless tyres for not worrying too much about punctures.

For cycling enjoyment, training properly with a coach and losing weight by sorting out my nutrition has made a huge difference to how good I feel on hills in particular.

Yes! Me too. A bit more work to go on the weight.