Its either loose the weight or die for me

Options
Hi, I have been struggling with my weight since I was about 10 and I need to loose about 90 lbs, I was told at the Dr today after having test done that if I dont loose the weight I will die in the next couple years, I have high cholesterol and high trigliserights, and some other factors to most of all I am 247lbs and I have 3 kids and Im only 30 yrs old, I am determined to do this, today is the first day of my new life change. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Replies

• ANNAvsANNA
    ANNAvsANNA Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP---we're glad you're here :)
  • Brandysmith1985
    Brandysmith1985 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    you can do it! This site helps make it so easy to track things and watch those things that give you high cholesterol. Welcome :)
  • candicemaechling
    candicemaechling Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You can do it, lots of great info hear! Good luck and feel free to ad me to enjoy
    seeing successes
  • shankleefranklee
    Options
    You can do it!

My boyfriend had really bad everything, basically. His health was completely at risk, and as told if something doesn't change there will be major consequences. He stopped drinking, stopped eating out, stopped eating any white starches and carbs, lean protein, going on walks or bike rides, learning how to cook more. He's lost 50 pounds and has done a complete turn around.
  • anevels
    anevels Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I too was literally eating myself to death, fork by fork. all of my health indicators are so out of whack that it's only be the Grace of GOD that i am able to take this umpteenth chance to finally get it right. only this time, it's a life or death opportunity and i have chosen life and to finally put my needs first. i am not looking for anyone's approval, but i do hope to be a role model for my daughter who is following in my footsteps so closely, her health issues will manifast in her 30's while it took me 50yrs to get to rock bottom. i am scared of the insulin needle, possible amputation and blindness if i dont get a control on my diabetes ; heart attack and stroke if i dont get my cholesterol & blood pressure down either. i have been doing this slowly, steadily and faithfully noting MFP since April so take advantage of the online support and information. we can do this
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    You can do it! This is a great place to start it's a really helpful site...

Make sure to add people it really helps with keeping motivated (for me at least) You're welcome to add me if you'd like :smile:
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    You can do it! :) this website is very helpful
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You might want to try to LOSE weight instead of LOOSE it though. Oh, and it's triglycerides.
  • jensway
    Options
    You can do it!!!!!! The first step is the hardest.......good luck to you, I know you can do it, someone told me yesterday that I am a mom so I am powerful......always remember that......YOU ARE POWERFUL!!!!!!!!
  • ksills5
    Options
    That was kind of rude.....
  • lle56
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness...............this site really will help don't get discouraged, some days will seem impossible but in the end it will all be WORTH it, I have been on a roller coaster ride most of my life struggling with weight, Ive tried a LOT of other diets, but this has been the easiest way for me to track what I am eating with out trying to figure out the calories/points/carb's etc...just enter the food and the rest is done for you........keep your mind set on your goal..........spending the REST of your life with those beautiful little ones that God has blessed you with........I'm confident that you can and will do great........you go girl we are all out here for you!
    you can add me to your list for support.........any time.......
  • Randynorthridge
    Options
    I wasn't always heavy but shot up in my late 40's. I've probably lost thousands of pounds of the last 23 years but took it serious after my dad had a stroke a few years ago and now has a hard time walking. I went from around 282 down to 229 in a year then let myself go again and have shot back up to 270. Just joined and really like the site and support so I'm back on track.

Sometimes getting that wakeup call puts us over the hump. It isn't going to be easy but with some effort and support from this site you can do it.

In my opinion the key is faithfully entering your food into your food diary every single day and that includes the bad stuff you eat too. It will give you a ton of information. Once you learn how to give and take you'll be able to tweak your food diary so you're eating the right amount of calories you need to eat to lose weight.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish too. Good luck!
  • loricarol
    loricarol Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm rooting for you!
  • patiencez2
    patiencez2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You might want to try to LOSE weight instead of LOOSE it though. Oh, and it's triglycerides.

I don't think she ask for a spelling lesson! there is one in every crowd though.

She was reaching out for help and this is what She gets ?

If you can't say something nice why not say nothing at all.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Good luck! you've come to the right place for support.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Good Luck.
  • sasebochick
    Options
    Mindymings- I started out at 265 and have been using this and also started exercising 3 days a week using the couch to 10K program. Since I started, I've lost weight and am feeling better. I am 33, so not much older than you. You can do it!! :O)
  • Sunrize1
    Options
    I would like to welcome you to MFP, MOST everyone here is very supportive. I think you will find this app very easy to use, and I think you will be suprised as to the amount of weight you Will loose!
  • Brook70
    Brook70 Posts: 164
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this.