looking for thoughts on coconut water.........

Options
2»

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I love the Vita Coco pineapple, of course it's sweetened so probably not the best choice for those watching carbs or sugar. I drink it to replace electrolytes....Florida sun can be brutal. :wink:

I like that one too, it's good!
  • Terriann7
    Options
    Like a lot of people that have replied, I think it taste bad. However.....drum roll please.... I LOVE the "So Delicious" Coconut Milk Mini fudge bars and the mini Chocolate Almond bars- in the ice cream section at most healthy stores and even some not so healthy sotres. They are amazing and I swear it seems like they help me to lose weight. Of course within my calorie range.. ;)
  • Terriann7
    Options
    Like a lot of people that have replied, I think it taste bad. However.....drum roll please.... I LOVE the "So Delicious" Coconut Milk Mini fudge bars and the mini Chocolate Almond bars- in the ice cream section at most healthy stores and even some not so healthy sotres. They are amazing and I swear it seems like they help me to lose weight. Of course within my calorie range.. ;)
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i drink young coconut water after bikram yoga. i like the slightly sweet taste (but it must be cold, very cold). it helps rebalance my potassium and sugars.

there are a lot of different brands. several are really nasty, so if you try one you don't like, don't give up on it. my favorite brand is 'amy and brian'. http://www.amyandbriannaturals.com/
  • julesandrich
    julesandrich Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have tried coconut water a couple of different times, but I don't like it at all. My significant other LOVES it and drinks it all the time after his runs and being on the elliptical.

I also have friends who love it and find it particularly refreshing after long, hot runs.

I did not like the texture (??) it seemed a bit viscous or thick-something-not sure I am describing it well.

I will try it again because it has such great health benefits but I am not sure it will ever be something I enjoy.
  • me525
    me525 Posts: 155
    Options
    Thank for all the replies....... it looks like i'll just have to give it a shot, and now i know which brands to lean toward....:smile: