Apple Fitness perfect month is my goal JULY

Options
One thing I haven’t been able to manage is closing allmy rings. Not once, in four years of having an Apple Watch.

This is the month. Cheer me on.
And join me if you wish to. The more the merrier!

Replies

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    So far, so good …almost halfway hudz6qzquuhk.jpeg
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Great job! I had a pretty good month in June - I missed 4 days. I have already missed 2 days in July so I will have to shoot for August to be a perfect month.

Keep up the good work!
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    Almost halfway !
    avafoe037qqv.jpeg
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!! What great motivation too! I just got a apple watch a couple of weeks ago, I am going to go for this goal in Aug!
  • drollings2019
    drollings2019 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. Me and my apple watch have a rocky relationship. Some days I will go on my morning walk and I get no exercise minutes. Other days I get 20. It is great motivation though! I reset my calibration data and now it seems to be working consistent. Maybe I will join you for the rest of July! I am not sure I have had a perfect month ever.
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    @drollings2019
    I had to research why some of my walks counted towards exercise minutes and some did not. Apparently you have to maintain a certain pace for the walk to count. Not sure if that helps or not.
  • drollings2019
    Options
    @lmf1012 I looked that up too. But all my morning walks are about the same. I go the same route every day and it takes about the same amount of time. It is supposed to be a "brisk walk" to count and my heart rate was always above 130. I even walked 2 miles with my husband once who is 8 inches taller that me so it takes what feels like a light jog to keep up with him and got 1 minute. It seems to be working since the recalibration. I don't want it to count everything, I want to work for it...but goodness, some days are rough :D Thanks for the advice though!
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    @lmf1012 I looked that up too. But all my morning walks are about the same. I go the same route every day and it takes about the same amount of time. It is supposed to be a "brisk walk" to count and my heart rate was always above 130. I even walked 2 miles with my husband once who is 8 inches taller that me so it takes what feels like a light jog to keep up with him and got 1 minute. It seems to be working since the recalibration. I don't want it to count everything, I want to work for it...but goodness, some days are rough :D Thanks for the advice though!

“Luckily” for me, I’m disabled and don’t go on walks at all. So this isn’t on my radar.
    I would be annoyed if I went for a walk and it didn’t count.

As it is, I’m a night owl. So if I don’t get my exercise earlier, I have to remember, and then race myself around 11:15 PM to get on to my NuStep for the exercise to count for that day.

Which is BS. Apple should give us the ability to count any exercise that we began before midnight as a closed ring for that 24 hour period.
    This is exactly the reason why I have gaps in many weeks. I did the exercise. I just didn’t get credit for it on that day because only 27 minutes were within that 24 hour span.

Once I was short by 45 seconds. Not even kidding.
  • drollings2019
    Options
    My husband always tells me, "you know you did the exercise, it's fine". And I'm like...but it didn't count :D Technology, gotta love it. Oh well, I think it's finally fixed. The being short 45 seconds would drive me crazy too. I'm pretty sure that won't happen with me, I am not a night owl! Good luck the rest of your month!
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    Halfway! WHOO Hoo!!!

cgddjvtw2gek.jpeg
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options

“Luckily” for me, I’m disabled and don’t go on walks at all. So this isn’t on my radar.
    I would be annoyed if I went for a walk and it didn’t count.

As it is, I’m a night owl. So if I don’t get my exercise earlier, I have to remember, and then race myself around 11:15 PM to get on to my NuStep for the exercise to count for that day.

Which is BS. Apple should give us the ability to count any exercise that we began before midnight as a closed ring for that 24 hour period.
    This is exactly the reason why I have gaps in many weeks. I did the exercise. I just didn’t get credit for it on that day because only 27 minutes were within that 24 hour span.

Once I was short by 45 seconds. Not even kidding.

Today I peeked at an Apple Fitness+ exercise video that was supposed to be a fitness coach walking on a treadmill. And they definitely were running. Kind of disappointing. I expected something not intimidating. Something light and easy like some of the yoga videos they have.

Oh well. My husband will probably enjoy it when he’s on the NuStep.
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    Almost 3/4 of the way there.
    62gpk6cug1bw.jpeg
  • drollings2019
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options