Couch to 5k results!

Options
okay so I am on week 3 of c25k and I have lost a total of 3 pounds which I'm pretty positive is just water weight.... What I wanna know is what has everyone's results been from finishing the program....

I have been counting my calories and have a 1200 limit. I am pretty committed to staying inside my goal and have exercise calories to add at least 4 days a week...

So what have been people's success with the program? How many inches? Pounds? Did you count cals during the program? Not count cals during it? Only do it 3 days/week? Exercise more than that?

Pictures are welcome as well :)

Replies

• nmp1994
    Options
    How's your running, cardio, muscle tone? Isnt that the point of the program?
  • Shutterpillar
    Options
    interested to hear some responses. hopefully I can add mine here in a couple weeks. I am beginning week 7. :smile:
  • onceathief
    onceathief Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I tried a couch to 5 k last year. I lost about over 10 lbs on the plan over a summer, but I also kept running and worked my mileage up to about 8k, which helped with the weight as well. I ran 3x a week for a 10 week program. I did not count calories, instead just watched what I ate.
    Congrats on your accomplishment and keep up the great work.
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    interested to hear some responses. hopefully I can add mine here in a couple weeks. I am beginning week 7. :smile:

That's great! Go you!! Have you seen any changes this far?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    At the end of it I was able to run 5k.

I do other workouts as well, so in terms of weight loss, I couldn't say.
  • spa9177
    spa9177 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am doing the couch to 5k. I have had amazing results, not so much weight wise, but muscle and inches. I feel much stronger in my legs and basically all over. I haven't calculated my inches, but it has been quite a bit. I have lost some weight I've lost 7lbs, I started in July and have been pretty consistant running three days a week. I also have been counting calories and staying pretty close to 1200. Anyway good luck to everyone runnning i am at my 5k goal and i am signed up for one in December.

3926935.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • flossybach
    flossybach Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have found C25K a great motivator and because you are exercising for a goal, it really does drive you. In terms of weightloss I have noticed that the exercise and tracking food is the best way to go. When I was only exercising and being slack with food I did not lose as much wieight but both together, is really working. The increased fitness impacts on your BMR as well so you have more energy! I am on week 8 now and I have lost about 3kg in that time, which I am happy with as I had a pretty big birthday celebration in July.