Really feeling down!

Options
I've been on a plateau for 5 weeks now, when the scale finally moves down it bounces all the way back up again two days later and stays there.

Two weeks ago I decided to try to break the plateau by stepping up exercise by doing the following:
I've been walking every day until I burn 500 calories. 30 Day Shred seven days a week & 6 Week Six-Pack five days a week.

Scale still hasn't moved. This is so discouraging! I feel like all the hard work I'm doing isn't paying off at all. Why am I practically killing myself for no results at all? I even measured & haven't lost anything that way either!!! I've also lowered my salt intake thinking maybe it's just "water weight" but that hasn't helped either.

*sigh* I really just want to cry!

Edit:
I will open my diary for the request from those who asked...
BUT, I am seeing a nutritionist for my calorie amount & was told 800 calories a day, because of my height/weight. Also, NOT to eat back my exercise calories (even though i eat some of them back when I get hungry). So no yelling at me for being under 1,200, because this is what a I was told by a professional. Thank you for understanding.

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Please don't cry.
    Maybe you aren't logging correctly. I have found many mistakes in the data and listed portion sizes.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Are you making sure to take in the extra calories you're burning off? you really need to try and stay around what MFP suggests daily. if you go too low your body goes into starvation mode and you won't loose. Just keep at it! you'll get there :)
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Don't have any great advice, just wanted to let you know I feel for you. Keep your chin up, you are not alone!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Open your diary so we can see what you're eating and exercising!!!
  • browny054
    Options
    I am having the same issue! I really think I am not eating enough for the amount of workouts I put in. Its sooo frusturating!!!!! I wanna cry also! I am going to try to take a day off of my diet a week and see what happens. good luck to you
  • Leola2011
    Options
    Go ahead and cry, sugar. And then go through your food diary with a fine toothed comb. It might help if you show us. Maybe we'll see something you don't.
  • Ashleysh22
    Options
    I send hugs and emotional support! try and take measurements - it takes longer to see a change than a scale (sometiimes) but often you are building muscle faster. You can also mix it up. You know, trick your muscles up a bit. Do something completely new and different for a week but still working the same calories.
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    First off, if youbwant to cry go ahead, now with that out of the way, don't get discouraged, maybe you need to take a break, sounds like you have really been pushing yourself hard. Like others said, make sure you are eating the proper amount and drinking plenty of water. I looked at your profile and you have made some great progress, maybe step back for a few days and then get back to it. Good luck.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    get a second opinion!!! at 5'6 you're starving yourself!!! a girlfriend of mine was going through the same thing. she was burning off more than 1000 calories a day (on mat leave, worked out 3 times a day) and only ate about 1200 calories a day and couldn't drop a pound. as soon as she increased her calories to 1800-2000 she dropped the weight like it was nothing. Do some research online, what you're doing sounds sketchy and not like something you'll be able to maintain long term... your body freaks out and thinks its going to starve if you don't take in enough.
  • deneanne88
    Options
    Have you talked to your nutritionist about it? Sounds like she/he is full of awesome advice.