13»

Replies

• TMcCoy241
    TMcCoy241 Posts: 9 Member
    Keep up the good work!
  • Onedaywriter
    Onedaywriter Posts: 324 Member
    Awesome!
    And a great approach for many! You are proof that consistency is the key!!
  • summergal8404
    summergal8404 Posts: 500 Member
    Awesome job, you gook great!
  • LynneM1980
    LynneM1980 Posts: 103 Member
    Very awesome!! I look up to you!

• Nikkiya93
    Nikkiya93 Posts: 11 Member
    You look great 😊
  • PepeLPew
    PepeLPew Posts: 92 Member
    Awesome job - 80 pounds is insane.

I don't understand the sometimes negative attitudes around cardio if it's the only thing people do.
    I do around 5-6 rides/week on my Peloton - 45 minutes each at pretty high intensity. Apart from the calorie burn, the stamina building is great along with the positive effect it has on my mood.

Cardio and sticking to 1700 calories a day mainly plant-based and I'm down around 15 pounds myself.
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    What an amazing achievement. Well done!

Can I ask how you have found the journey? Has it been easy, difficult, have there been any times you have relapsed or struggled to stick to your calories? How have you overcome it if so?
  • lgfaciane
    lgfaciane Posts: 97 Member
    Wow amazing results and well done you. You mentioned walking was the form of cardio you did to attain the 80lbs loss. Did you combined that with any other form of exercise?!

Cardio everyday since September 2020. I added resistance training since May of this year. The training has sculpt my body to something I've never imagined. Now it's an addiction.
  • bbtwins0906
    bbtwins0906 Posts: 2 Member
    lgfaciane wrote: »
    helenkb12 wrote: »
    Wow fantastic...well done you! Can I ask what type of cardio workout you are doing?

I walk 2 miles a day

Outside, or on treatmill?
  • PepeLPew
    PepeLPew Posts: 92 Member

But this time I had to sit back and ask myself why do I keep gaining it back. I realized my relationship with food was horrible I started Journaling whenever I have the urge to binge eat. It's usually because of anxiety due to life. I changed I'm ways of coping with life. I decided I will go on a walk whenever I felt overwhelmed even I didn't want to I knew I wouldn't regret it when I was done. And then write down my thoughts and mood. Now it's a lifestyle. My journey isn't to just look good anymore its to stay at peace with myself as I continue to grow and navigate through life.

This is basically cognitive behaviour therapy. Such a powerful tool and journalling is excellent. Congratulations for using this tool to increase your awareness and capitalize on changing previous behaviour.

"My journey isn't to just look good anymore its to stay at peace with myself "

Amazing. Congrats on this super achievement :smile:
  • Yiche912
    Yiche912 Posts: 6,108 Member
    You have such a positive stance in your picture on the left. It does feel good when you feel in control. Keep up the great work.
  • lgfaciane
    lgfaciane Posts: 97 Member
    PepeLPew wrote: »

But this time I had to sit back and ask myself why do I keep gaining it back. I realized my relationship with food was horrible I started Journaling whenever I have the urge to binge eat. It's usually because of anxiety due to life. I changed I'm ways of coping with life. I decided I will go on a walk whenever I felt overwhelmed even I didn't want to I knew I wouldn't regret it when I was done. And then write down my thoughts and mood. Now it's a lifestyle. My journey isn't to just look good anymore its to stay at peace with myself as I continue to grow and navigate through life.

This is basically cognitive behaviour therapy. Such a powerful tool and journalling is excellent. Congratulations for using this tool to increase your awareness and capitalize on changing previous behaviour.

"My journey isn't to just look good anymore its to stay at peace with myself "

Amazing. Congrats on this super achievement :smile:

Thank you. So much for your kind words.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!