RachVR6
amelia_atlantic
lilRicki
moamcgoo
velix
kimeister
1horsetown
krisntraining

Here's the challenge thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/341995-those-magnificent-mfp-s-in-their-flying-machines

Replies

• RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I'm working on a googledocs spreadsheet for us all to log our calories burned in. Once it's together I'll message you all the link. I don't want to post it here because if the other teams can access it, it could put us at a disadvantage when Lee makes his little challenges. :flowerforyou:
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks!
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Thank you so much! I would normally jump at the chance to work with excel and to lead the way, but I am putting everything I have into trying to finish my Phd by December.. workout and write (and feed the family when I remember) is all I can muster for the next few months.

Let's GO GO GO !! we will ROCK this challenge! =)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! I'm pumped for this...rowing the world was awesome motivation, so this should be good.
  • 1horsetown
    1horsetown Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Loved 'Row the World'. Looking forward to a new challenge!!

I'm planning to try a half in October.
  • krisntraining
    krisntraining Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hello team! I can't wait to get going! Thanks Rach for getting the google doc all set up and let me know if I can help :)
  • kimeister
    Options
    Super geeked for this! As well as working out 4x/week, I should be putting in a good number of miles on the bike. Go BBs!
  • moamcgoo
    moamcgoo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for putting this together, cant wait to get started!
  • velix
    Options
    Is there an official "start" date?

and is there any info needed besides just the cals burned?

and miss negative nelly here - but hrm vs non-hrm calorie counters - make a difference? (I know the database is quite over on most things), so just wondered how that works in the grand scheme of things - I know it's for fun and motivation, but just curious...

should I just ask these questions in the official thread?

ok - off to write my fingers to the bone - looking forward to my first day back at the gym in a few weeks (damn you summer ... i think ... lol)
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Is there an official "start" date?

and is there any info needed besides just the cals burned?

and miss negative nelly here - but hrm vs non-hrm calorie counters - make a difference? (I know the database is quite over on most things), so just wondered how that works in the grand scheme of things - I know it's for fun and motivation, but just curious...

should I just ask these questions in the official thread?

ok - off to write my fingers to the bone - looking forward to my first day back at the gym in a few weeks (damn you summer ... i think ... lol)

Start date is October 1st from what I've seen.

Calories burned should be it, though during the 'Row the World' Challenge, sometimes Lee would incorporate rest days where you used glasses of water consumed to get your miles instead of cals burned but we'll see.

Good question on the calorie burn. I guess it just depends on what you have access to. I just use my HRM. Though I was a bit annoyed last round when people on other teams were counting gardening, and mowing the yard, and 'food preparation' in their exercise cals. I know it's a workout, but I'm one that considers that lifestyle. Oh well! I just had to work a little harder. :smile:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Betty Bombers are on the starting line!!!!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=204655860575059420912.0004abdf0de2eadf90575&msa=0&ll=43.992815,-73.87207&spn=19.241245,39.506836

Lee will update this throughout the challenge so you can see where we're at against the other teams. :flowerforyou:
  • velix
    Options
    Thank you RachVR6 =)
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Okay I messaged you all a link to the chart where we're going to log our calories. If you have any questions just let me know!!! All you'll do is enter in your calories burned for each day in the column under your name, and the chart will calculate the totals and miles flown from there.

Also if you have any suggestions for it, feel free to throw them out there!! I just used the chart we had for the 'row the world' challenge as a template. :flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I got a question about the 'bonus miles' column so I thought I'd answer it here as well.

I left that column on there from the rowing challenge because in that one, Lee would give us the opportunity to capture members of other teams and 'steal' their calorie burns, so we'd use that column to add those numbers to our totals. Just ignore it for now. I'm not sure if there will be little challenges like that or not in this one. :flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    If anyone's good with photo editing and such, feel free to make us a badge for our forum signatures. :flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Here's the one I made up real quick. But feel free to create some more!! :happy:

BB.jpg

(If you quote this....you can copy and paste the link into your signature)
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I got a question about the 'bonus miles' column so I thought I'd answer it here as well.

I left that column on there from the rowing challenge because in that one, Lee would give us the opportunity to capture members of other teams and 'steal' their calorie burns, so we'd use that column to add those numbers to our totals. Just ignore it for now. I'm not sure if there will be little challenges like that or not in this one. :flowerforyou:

I didn't do the row the world challenge so I'm not sure but this whole thing sounds like a lot of fun! I'm excited!
  • lilRicki
    Options
    hey! I need that tag too! where did you guys put the link to that signature?
  • RachVR6
    Options
    hey! I need that tag too! where did you guys put the link to that signature?

If you just hit 'quote' under my post where I put the picture, then you can copy the link.
  • lilRicki
    Options
    testing...