Advice on my fitness journey

Options
Hi, everyone!
I am 18 years old and I have trained for a year in the past and recently got back to the gym from a 7 months break. Since I am not that knowledgeable about all this fitness stuff, I am taking whatever advice you give me regarding my diet and workout plan. From what I have read from some articles, I think I am considered skinny fat. Here are some of my stats:
Height - 195cm (6ft4)
Weight - 88.6kg (195lbs)
Waist - 83cm (33in)
Hips - 102cm (40in)
Shoulders - 118cm (46in)
Chest - 100cm (39in)
Arms - 35cm (13.7in)
Quads - 60cm (23.6in)

And here are some photos of me: https://imgur.com/a/fhxc8ED

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    What are your goals and what are you doing now?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    You aren't skinny fat!!
    You might not have as much muscle as you wish for (guessing) but you definitely aren't over-fat.

A fitness journey needs a destination. No-one knows your ambitions short and long term.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    Agree with @sijomial. You need to think about where you'd like to be. You are not in a bad place now, but if you'd like more muscle you need a program. There are many on here that can give you good advice. Good luck and welcome.
  • DoubleG2
    DoubleG2 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about being 'skinny fat, you're 18. Think about your goals. In the meantime, 6'4"; 195 is in the range of a healthy BMI. I don't think I would cut weight - but a progressive lifting program will add mass in the right places. Here's a great resource to explore: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

At your age and likely high T levels, your newbie gains will be impressive. For context, I'm also 6'4" and happy at 185lbs - though a tad older...

Also check out the Body Building forum - lots of experienced contributors who would be happy to point you in the right direction. Best of luck!