When you feel like you're not making any progress....

SallyKaPow
SallyKaPow Posts: 61 Member
People always say take photos instead of weighing yourself and my god those people are right.

Today is the first time I've compared my photos side by side and now I can see it... These days the scales hardly budge at all, but since I started lifting 6 weeks ago, I'm starting to see the physique I was looking for trying to break through.

trj7z6p2cti7.png

Replies

• BrightEyedAgain
    BrightEyedAgain Posts: 243 Member
    WOW, look at you!!! I can see a LOT of change in those photos. Your mid section and abs are really showing up nicely now, and your legs look thinner with more definition. Way to go!!
  • SallyKaPow
    WOW, look at you!!! I can see a LOT of change in those photos. Your mid section and abs are really showing up nicely now, and your legs look thinner with more definition. Way to go!!

Thank you! I think I'm not alone in feeling like I'm working really hard on my diet and my training and its not making any difference, but it is!

Maybe, if I keep going for another 6 months, I'll be able to do the buttons up on my shorts.
  • EmBeatie
    EmBeatie Posts: 33 Member
    You're the ideal weight for your height, so I'd just buy bigger shorts :)
  • SallyKaPow
    EmBeatie wrote: »
    You're the ideal weight for your height, so I'd just buy bigger shorts :)

Comedy. That's definitely an easier option than what I'm currently doing!

I'm trying to get down to 17% body fat for vain aesthetic reasons (and ill be able to run faster) so based on my not very accurate scales, I've got around 112lbs of lean mass, so if I can lose around 15lbs of fat (not weight) then I should be approximately there or close enough.

I'm going to keep tracking my progress with photos though, and I think I'll know when I'm happy with my physique, regardless of what the numbers say.
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    I see a big change. Way to go!

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,403 Member
    !!!!! Great work!!!!!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    how tall are you ? im 149 lbs, and i dont look like this..you look amazing
    SallyKaPow wrote: »
    People always say take photos instead of weighing yourself and my god those people are right.

Today is the first time I've compared my photos side by side and now I can see it... These days the scales hardly budge at all, but since I started lifting 6 weeks ago, I'm starting to see the physique I was looking for trying to break through.

trj7z6p2cti7.png

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,094 Member
    edited July 2021
    leomom72 wrote: »

trj7z6p2cti7.png

Quite discreet, but it says 5ft8 in the pictures :smile:
  • A_New_Creation
    A_New_Creation Posts: 166 Member
    Simply amazing. Great job
  • JessSlayin
    JessSlayin Posts: 1 Member
    Fantastic progress! Great reminder that the scale # is not the only indicator of progress/success. :)
  • candysashab88
    candysashab88 Posts: 71 Member
    woo hoo. Now i would be happy to look like the before. lol
  • SallyKaPow
    Lietchi wrote: »

trj7z6p2cti7.png

Quite discreet, but it says 5ft8 in the pictures :smile:

This is where I have to hold my hands up and say that in reality I'm actually 5 foot 7.5 but in my head, I've been 5 foot 8 for 20 years so I'm sticking with it!
  • SallyKaPow

trj7z6p2cti7.png

I guess it's relative and I know I wasn't overweight when I started. I've just never been happy with my figure and I'm always trying to lose fat and gain muscle. I've never been underweight, but it would be nice to think that there is a point at which I'll stop and say that's enough now.....
  • willboywonder
    willboywonder Posts: 132 Member
    Great job. Yes, there are so many other ways to chart your progress than using a scale. Photos are a wonderful way. Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!