Oculus Quest 2 for fitness?

Options
biz_kid1
biz_kid1 Posts: 9 Member
edited May 2021 in Fitness and Exercise
Just got an Oculus Quest 2 for Mother's Day, mostly for Beat Saber, having played it at a VR arcade previously and knowing I love it! Also discovered Supernatural and FitXR...just not sure about the subscription parts but both seem worth it!

Are there other fitness apps/games I should know about for the Quest 2?

Replies

• Hodgy2357
    Hodgy2357 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've just googled these, look such fun! My youngest son has mentioned them before. Do you connect them to a console?
  • biz_kid1
    Options
    Hodgy2357 wrote: »
    I've just googled these, look such fun! My youngest son has mentioned them before. Do you connect them to a console?

No...they are standalone...the games are downloaded directly to the headset!
  • Hodgy2357
    Options
    Oh! That is so cool! :)
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I use the VR and play Beat Saber most evenings for cardio.

It is great. As DH puts it "it gamifies exercise" - so you enjoy it and don't even realize you are doing it.

I got 76 active minutes on my Fitbit last night.
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I like boxing so I have The Thrill of the Fight and Creed on mine.
  • Scarlettriestorun
    Scarlettriestorun Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Fit xr is amazing, no subscription required . Various levels and you can buy add ons x
  • applcorp
    applcorp Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Fit XR, definitely. And all the other games that they list as "fitness" may not be as physical, but anything that gets you up and moving more than before is a plus.
  • ExistingFish
    Options
    Fit XR switched to a subscription model. It's like the cost of a budget gym membership now.

We are also using a free fitness app through SideQuest - VRWorkout. It's a little clunky - it's free and not an Occulus app, but it is fun and works. It makes me do burpees.
  • Hodgy2357
    Options
    Well this is exciting, getting one delivered today.
  • ExistingFish
    Options
    Hodgy2357 wrote: »
    Well this is exciting, getting one delivered today.

Enjoy! Get Beat Saber. :smiley:
  • Hodgy2357
    Options
    Great fun and a great way for my 18 year old to be more active too. My reactions need some practice!
  • SeanW79
    SeanW79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am just beginning my journey and say an ad for Supernatural. While the subscription for it is a little pricey for me the idea of using VR to exercise sounds fun. Beat Saber might be a good start for me. Do you have any updates? Have you been using it for exercise? How is it working for you?
  • biz_kid1
    Options
    SeanW79 wrote: »
    I am just beginning my journey and say an ad for Supernatural. While the subscription for it is a little pricey for me the idea of using VR to exercise sounds fun. Beat Saber might be a good start for me. Do you have any updates? Have you been using it for exercise? How is it working for you?

Yes! Beat Saber is fun but Audio Trip and FitXR (no subscription...yet, but I might for the more frequent changes in class) are my exercise JAMs! :D Audio Trip allows for custom choreographed songs so I've been able to learn their editor and actually create a song I wanted (Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap - the beta version available on their Discord). Beat Saber will make you sweat and get your heart beating but Audio Trip makes you move your body more...I have been sore from it and FitXR at times, to the point I had to take a break for a few days because my out of shape self was so sore (but in a good way)! I have definitely exercised more on this thing in the two months I've had it than in the last couple of YEARS!

Supernatural does look great but I just can't bring myself to that price tag for the subscription yet!

@Hodgy2357 did you ever get yours? Enjoying it?
  • JustRamona
    JustRamona Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I just got one for Christmas. Does anyone know if the calories burned are accurate? I don't know what to select on my apple watch to have it feed over to MPF?