My arm fat continues to wave even when I stop

Options
Any tips for slender upper arms. I'm using free weights, but would really like to speed the process:heart:

Replies

• stacyrhoades11
    stacyrhoades11 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    ^^ would love to knwo this as well
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    First of all it does take time. However, if you increase your weight and reps you may see faster results. Be patient with yourself. And don't whimp out on the reps. Feel the burn! That's when it is working. Good luck!
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I think fat loss is the only solution. I know I've got great biceps under the flab, but under is not visible. I'm now trying to focus on the triceps, but really no-one is going to be able to see them until the fat is gone.

Good luck

GG
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    unfortunately you cant. You have to be consistent with your diet and exercise and you will lose fat all over. Including your arms
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Curls. Lots and lots of curls... You can't target weight loss.

Exercise 1: While standing, grab a pair of dumbbells and raise your arms straight above your shoulders. While keeping your arms facing forward, slowly bend your forearms backward, hinging them at the elbows. Make sure to keep your back straight and your upper arms and shoulders steady. Continue to lower your forearms at least until they are parallel to the floor. After one breath in this position, slowly straighten your arms and bring them back to their original position.

Exercise 2: Holding a pair of dumbbells, lie face-up on a flat surface. Straighten your arms over your head with both palms facing each other then slowly bend your elbows. Keep your upper arms in the same position while lowering your hands and forearms. Continue to lower your forearms until they are slightly more than parallel to the floor, at about a 45 degree angle. After one breath in this position, slowly straighten your arms and again bring them back to their original position.

Exercise 3: Holding a pair of dumbbells, stand straight up while letting your arms hang at the sides with your palms turned inwards. Slightly arch your torso forward, until you are a comfortable bend, and then lift your elbows upwards towards the ceiling until your arms are at a 90 degree angle. Keeping your back strong and the upper part of your arm steady, straighten your forearms so that your whole arm forms a straight line until your shoulder. After one breath in this position, slowly straighten your arms and again bring them back to their original position. When doing this exercise, you can increase the level of difficulty by trying to reach back as far and as high as you can with your forearms while still maintaining the same position throughout the rest of your body.
  • kelley_lynn
    kelley_lynn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Not to make light of this. But you know arm fat, loves to be popular, all the nicest folk have it :)

:) Im one of a few big chicks i know that dont have that problem, but im sure as i shrink i will :(

In the mean time, guess i will keep working at it, and not let it be so popular :) and attention seeking :)
  • miller1208
    Options
    Push ups are great for your arms. Don't forget to work out the biceps and triceps.

I love the skullcrusher move for triceps. Use either a barbell with both hands or do one arm at a time with a single weight. Lie down, with the weight in your hand(s), slowly bend at the elbow, palms up, with the weight bending down near your forehead. Don't use too much weight at first until you get used to it. A spotter is a good idea.
  • threeringedgirl
    Options
    rock climbing.
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    as others have said gotta burn the fat to show the muscles but weight lifting will help. Tricep dips, bicep curls, tricep extensions, hammer curls.....etc lots of reps and when you feel like its too easy you should increase the weight.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    The first time I lost weight and was able to get rid of the "arm wave" I began swimming lanes everyday. The second time I gained weight and had to lose and get rid of the "arm wave" I had began kayaking, started with basic paddling flatwater, slow river running . It really builds up your core strength and because of the resistance tones the arms... I eventually switched from flat paddling to whitewater which used all sorts of different muscle sets, however the base remained that the muscle growth coupled with resistance eliminated the arm jiggle extremely quickly. Kayaking or Rowing may not be in your forte, but swimming is a good solution, or good old weight lifting. Triceps and biceps, low weight lots of reps. It's horrible and boring and takes awhile for results so I really suggest something fun (like a sport) that does the same thing but isn't so boring. Cheers!