Tattoos on men?

Doug_T
Doug_T Posts: 148 Member
What are your thoughts and opinions on tatoos on men? To tat or not to tat? Location, style, meaning, taboos, examples?

Replies

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,041 Member
    Can you really trust a dude with a tattoo 🤔
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    I didn't know Tattoo swung that way.

Ohhhhh. Thooooooose tattoos. 😀

I mostly like them but not when there's a lot because then it gets too busy and distracting.
  • chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    Good luck finding employment. You're pretty much limited to Sous Chef, Entertainer/Athlete, or ferris wheel operator for a traveling carnival (but even that I heard they're rebranding their image).
  • mistwitch
    mistwitch Posts: 184 Member
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Yeah gross
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    I like single color tattoos that span the entire right shoulder. But, like, I may have a bias
  • PAWGliacci
    PAWGliacci Posts: 346 Member
    as long as they're personal/meaningful in some kind of way, i don't think they're so bad

i do think the like older tribal stuff or asian lettering has been played out for a long time though. honestly it was played out within like a year of it starting.
  • Doug_T
    Doug_T Posts: 148 Member
    Good luck finding employment. You're pretty much limited to Sous Chef, Entertainer/Athlete, or ferris wheel operator for a traveling carnival (but even that I heard they're rebranding their image).

Even non visible tattoos like on the back 🤔
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,041 Member

You forgot government employee
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    I am not a fan, but its not a deal breaker either. Except neck or face tattoos.

Thats just EWWWWW.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵 hottttt

It’s 2021, people are routinely tatting their face. No shock factor anymore.
    I prefer that they look nice and flow with the body. Touch them up when they need it.
  • mistwitch
    mistwitch Posts: 184 Member
    mistwitch wrote: »

Yeah gross

2lncvtvf73sl.jpeg

not. hot. at. all.

😉
  • glassyo
    What about nose rings because, as much as I don't want to stare, I always do.
  • PAWGliacci
    PAWGliacci Posts: 346 Member
    glassyo wrote: »

i can't remember ever seeing one a guy in person before. but i know like 5 girls here at work who have them or a stud of some kind so i guess its more socially acceptable for women to wear them at work at least.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Nothing is more attractive to me than a toned fit body and clear skin. Clean cut and pretty.

But that’s my prefer taste in aesthetic with most things, like my house. I let the nice interior design ( marbles, big windows ect) speak for itself, don’t like the extra nik naks, busy look.

Tattoos don’t catch my attention.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited July 2021

I stare at tattoos, too. But because I typically like them and am curious what they are. Pretty sure it's reason # 393 that people think I'm creepy.
  • glassyo
    PAWGliacci wrote: »

i can't remember ever seeing one a guy in person before. but i know like 5 girls here at work who have them or a stud of some kind so i guess its more socially acceptable for women to wear them at work at least.

I've definitely known a couple guys with pierced noses. One was going more for a goth look (he was such a cutie and such a sweetie) and the other worked for one of our clients who did costuming or something like that in "the industry". He wore a very noticeable nose ring, let me tell ya! :)
  • glassyo
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

I stare at tattoos, too. But because I typically like them and am curious what they are. Pretty sure it's reason # 393 that people think I'm creepy.

Sometimes I just like the art work or I'm just impressed cuz of the whole needle thing. :)

I'm probably creepy because I tend to look at people's graphic t shirts when out and about...it's the compulsive reader in me.

One time I passed someone with a t shirt that said "Hoder Hoder Hoder" on it (if you know Game of Thrones) and I was like, "Too soon, lady. Too soon". :) She didn't know what I was talking about for a second.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited July 2021
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

Sometimes I just like the art work or I'm just impressed cuz of the whole needle thing. :)

Same. I find myself sucked down rabbit holes on IG periodically just looking at tattoos. Good artists/shading is pretty incredible.