not seeing any results:(

Options
So, I am new here...for the past 3 weeks I have been doing about 50mins on elliptical 5 days/week, and consistently eating just below my allowed calories, but am seeing no weight loss to date, and no smaller measurements either:( Not sure what I am doing wrong?? So discouraged.

Replies

• MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    you'll have to open your diary so we can see what you're eating before we can offer any advice. :)
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    How many cals are you consuming a day? You could be under-consuming. :(
  • bookworm03
    bookworm03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie goal?
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Are you eating breakfast or drinking enough water? That seems to be the trick for me...

Good luck, hopefully you will see change soon.
  • ddreams
    Options
    I am also facing the same problem.I am doing jillian michaels 6 week 6 pack basand running 3 to 4 miles five days a week.Still not geting any results
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Options
    My husband and I started at the same time. His calorie goal was around 1,400. Mine was around 1,200.

In the same amount of time, he's dropped about 20 pounds and I've dropped about 8.

I lost nothing for weeks. I was biking, sticking really close to 1,200 calories, and nothing. I began to get discouraged. I began to "cheat" with a "dirty" snack here and there, adding 200-300 calories. And the weight began falling off.

Too few calories can send your body into starvation mode and you'll hold on to that weight. Maybe add an additional 200 a day for a week and see if anything changes?
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Early into my regimen i hit a 2 month "plateau" then finally the lbs started coming off. I just stuck to the same thing, even when I thought it was not producing results and it worked. It was hard to think that there was a silver lining but just stick to it and keep at it.
  • Emma422
    Emma422 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Maybe you just need a little more motivation and a stronger support system, try adding some more people on here , id be lost without my mfp family! also mix up your exercise routine maybe your body is just bored , make sure your hitting that 1200 mark, these are all things i did to see fast improvement, hope it works for you too!!:flowerforyou:
  • luLuau
    Options
    I get 2100 when I exercise, 1400 when I dont. I dont usually eat back all my exercise calories (like tonight, I ate 1750). I eat oatmeal and coffee every morning, and am trying to do better with water....
  • cathylovestim
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. I'm on day 33 and have lost 5.4 pounds with 35 more pounds left to lose. It is disheartening but the first week of MFP for me I had a root canal and complications that had me ingesting percocet for three days and a lot of ibuprophen for four more after that. I've also had several days where I was eating under my daily calorie goal and that's not good either. You really need to eat until you reach "0" or you body thinks it's starving. Miraculously enough, I am more motivated than I have ever been in my "life past 40" (the only time in my life I've been overweight) to get this extra weight off once and for all. Keep on. Post your food Diary. It will come off. Like many others have said, "The weight didn't come on over night; it's not going to come off in one." It's a process. Hang in there! We're in this together!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I've noticed I got better results when I was drinking at least 2 liters of water a day (I try to get it as cold as possible) and got enough sleep.
  • RubyDarling
    RubyDarling Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Can you try mixing up your exercise routine? I know that if I do the same thing every day, my body gets used to it and I lose less than when I'm doing a combination of different exercises.
  • Matilda74
    Options
    I think you have a lot of great suggestions from others on here. I'm wondering if you do any kind of strength training? You don't even need to "lift weights" but maybe try incorporating things like squats and lunges using your own body weight for resistance to start. Those two in particular are great because they recruit several major muscle groups at once and can get your heart rate going at the same time. You can even cut back on some of that time on the elliptical! :)
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Options
    I'd also look at more than calories - are you exceeding your alotted fat intake for the day even though you are staying in your calorie range? That can hinder loss.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Without seeing your diary, Id suggest mixing up your workout routine. You should also look into a zig zag diet aswell. Try going 2 days eating a net calories of about 1600, then 3 days of 1300. The staggering of your diet, and your workout routine could yeild some better results
  • luLuau
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the input everyone! I made sure to up the tension on my elliptical a bit, and double checked my diet diary. And today I see I really did lose 5 lbs! So not a ton, but not bad! I am happy to have some progress, and glad to know others were slow to see the results start too! Many thanks!