Any other trans folks?

Options
Hi! I'm Keegan (23 years old, he/him) and I'm looking to see if there's anyone else who's trans or gender non-conforming who may be interested in being friends!

I'm looking to lose a little fat, and fuel the muscle gains that I hope T brings (just started this month!). I have historically struggled with disordered eating so I'm committed to not falling back into that while looking to help myself feel my best, and an accountability buddy who's "been there" would also be wonderful!

Tell me about yourself, your interests, and your goals (food/exercise related and otherwise)! I'd also love to chat with allies who aren't trans. 💖

Replies

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,176 MFP Staff
    Options
    We've definitely got some floating around and they're all wonderful people; I'm cis, but consider myself an ally (as does everyone on our Community staff for that matter) and welcome you to our wonderful community! I'm confident you'll find the support you're looking for if you decide to stick around.

I have a sibling who is very similar to you on paper, so I know what you're going through is challenging. I'm not very active on the social side of things here, but feel free to friend me or message if you need anything staff related.
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm nonbinary! And queer (sapphic). Looking to lose maybe 15-30 lbs, but mostly, re-learn about portion control and intuitive eating. <3
  • DoryPhish
    DoryPhish Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm Dory. I'm 31, transmasc/gender fluid. I'm not on hormones yet, but I've been talking with my doctor (who's nonbinary) about microdosing T, and getting both top and bottom surgery. I'm waiting for some blood work to come back before I can start anything.

I've lost about 45 lbs so far, and have another 45 or so to get to my goal weight. I'm mostly trying to lose fat, and gain some muscle. I'm from the PNW, and I'm fairly active, and try to stick to a Paleo/keto based diet.
  • fernCWM
    fernCWM Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My name is Eli, transgender male, age 22. 1.5 years on testosterone. Struggled with anorexia and ARFID since I was 10 and in the middle of a bad relapse; no outpatient place will take me because I'm a "medical liability" and I don;t have access to further professional help; but I'm motivated as hell to finally pull myself out of this even though I don't have family or friend support. Eating "normally" is really difficult with ARFID, so I joined the community to try and get a sense of how "normal" people eat realistically. I don't have a specific weight goal but based on online calculators my "ideal weight" would have me gaining about 30 pounds. However, at this point my goals are more related to just managing to eat more in order to improve my vitals signs, stomach disorders, and heart conditions, manage my hypogylcemia, and hopefully reach at least a "healthy" BMI (I don't really like BMI but it's a good first step benchmark because I have to gain about 11 pounds before I'm in a "healthy" range).
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,293 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Keegan (23 years old, he/him) and I'm looking to see if there's anyone else who's trans or gender non-conforming who may be interested in being friends!

I'm looking to lose a little fat, and fuel the muscle gains that I hope T brings (just started this month!). I have historically struggled with disordered eating so I'm committed to not falling back into that while looking to help myself feel my best, and an accountability buddy who's "been there" would also be wonderful!

Tell me about yourself, your interests, and your goals (food/exercise related and otherwise)! I'd also love to chat with allies who aren't trans. 💖

I am autigender.
    I am disabled, 61, four months into a long weight loss journey, diabetic, and very happy to be your friend. Send me a request!
  • keeganquill
    keeganquill Posts: 8 Member
    Options

I am autigender.
    I am disabled, 61, four months into a long weight loss journey, diabetic, and very happy to be your friend. Send me a request!

I sent you one! Autigender is a relatable/understandable identity to me too, even if it's not usually the label I usually say first for simplicity's sake. I'm also autistic. 💖
  • keeganquill
    Options
    fernCWM wrote: »
    My name is Eli, transgender male, age 22. 1.5 years on testosterone. Struggled with anorexia and ARFID since I was 10 and in the middle of a bad relapse; no outpatient place will take me because I'm a "medical liability" and I don;t have access to further professional help; but I'm motivated as hell to finally pull myself out of this even though I don't have family or friend support. Eating "normally" is really difficult with ARFID, so I joined the community to try and get a sense of how "normal" people eat realistically. I don't have a specific weight goal but based on online calculators my "ideal weight" would have me gaining about 30 pounds. However, at this point my goals are more related to just managing to eat more in order to improve my vitals signs, stomach disorders, and heart conditions, manage my hypogylcemia, and hopefully reach at least a "healthy" BMI (I don't really like BMI but it's a good first step benchmark because I have to gain about 11 pounds before I'm in a "healthy" range).

Hi Eli! Wishing you the best on your healing journey. I'm sorry the system is so hard to get help through. I'm here for you.
  • keeganquill
    Options
    DoryPhish wrote: »
    I'm Dory. I'm 31, transmasc/gender fluid. I'm not on hormones yet, but I've been talking with my doctor (who's nonbinary) about microdosing T, and getting both top and bottom surgery. I'm waiting for some blood work to come back before I can start anything.

I've lost about 45 lbs so far, and have another 45 or so to get to my goal weight. I'm mostly trying to lose fat, and gain some muscle. I'm from the PNW, and I'm fairly active, and try to stick to a Paleo/keto based diet.

Hi Dory! Wow, that's great! I'm undecided about bottom surgery, but on T and eventually hoping for top surgery. I lived in WA for a bit. The PNW is beautiful.
  • keeganquill
    Options
    I'm nonbinary! And queer (sapphic). Looking to lose maybe 15-30 lbs, but mostly, re-learn about portion control and intuitive eating. <3

I sent you a friend request! Intuitive eating buddies 💖