Hi

I'm Sandy and my goal for the summer is to log daily intake every single day. So far so good.
It really makes me accountable to myself and I'm shocked at how many calories bare in certain foods.

Replies

• Terra_Incognita
    Terra_Incognita Posts: 1,465 Member
    Welcome Sandy!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,409 Member
    Welcome to MFP!

Yeah, my first big eye opener was not only how big calories were, but how small portions were, and how much work it took to burn those calories.

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,248 Member
    What blew me away is sodium. Some things are Yikes Wowza with the sodium.

Reading labels will be second nature soon, I promise. Welcome to MFP!
  • brimfullofasha
    brimfullofasha Posts: 4 Member
    Its the carb counting I find most useful. I'm not really bothered about the fat or calories as its the carbs that cause trouble. Welcome. My tip? If you wear glasses remember to take them with you when shopping so you can read labels!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,409 Member
    Its the carb counting I find most useful. I'm not really bothered about the fat or calories as its the carbs that cause trouble. Welcome. My tip? If you wear glasses remember to take them with you when shopping so you can read labels!

ROTFLMAO.

I got some fancy (and expensive) contacts so I could run and do heated mat workouts without having to take my glasses on and off constantly, and dripping sweat on them.

I cannot read a damn thing with them. The absolute worst is not being able to read labels or aisle markers when shopping, and not being able to recognize faces.

I’ve got about a two foot range I can see clearly.

If you wave at me, I have to prevaricate until I either hear your voice, or you get in that two-foot range of my laser (not!) vision. Otherwise I have absolutely no clue who you are.

Awkward!!!!!!