Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Your best McGyverish fix

2

Replies

  • tmanfivetmanfive Deleted Posts: 1,365 Member Deleted Posts: 1,365 Member
    Electrical tape is excellent for stopping low pressure leaks.
  • Miz_OwlMiz_Owl Member Posts: 3,016 Member Member Posts: 3,016 Member
    I made a bird bath out of a tomato cage and a planter saucer .
  • Vikka_VVikka_V Member Posts: 9,562 Member Member Posts: 9,562 Member
    I never know if my car is making "a funny sound" b/c I keep the radio on when I drive
    ...its all fine
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 8,075 Member Member Posts: 8,075 Member
    Miz_Owl wrote: »
    I made a bird bath out of a tomato cage and a planter saucer .

    Very creative!! Hmmm, my sister is bringing her extra tomato cages to recycling, maybe I'll have to grab one. :)
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 8,075 Member Member Posts: 8,075 Member
    I saw somewhere it was suggested making a 'tick taker-offer' out of an old plastic card such as credit card, etc. Cut a notch in it. Can also use a plastic spoon.
  • RAinWARAinWA Member Posts: 1,946 Member Member Posts: 1,946 Member
    The screen on the door from my garage to the backyard came loose in several places. I need to replace the door but haven't gotten around to it. The screen is currently being held in place with staples.

    (Full disclosure, I tried duct tape first!)
  • mistwitchmistwitch Member Posts: 184 Member Member Posts: 184 Member
    at 55 mph a thingy fell from my car and was dragging against my wheel. I’m the brains and boss of most operations and I don’t do manual labor on the shoulder of the highway. I also don’t wait for tow trucks if I don’t have to so

    I pulled the metal wire from my spiral notebook and told my companion to hook it back up.

    And that’s why I had to buy a new fitness journal
  • mistwitchmistwitch Member Posts: 184 Member Member Posts: 184 Member
    RAinWA wrote: »
    The screen on the door from my garage to the backyard came loose in several places. I need to replace the door but haven't gotten around to it. The screen is currently being held in place with staples.

    (Full disclosure, I tried duct tape first!)

    Get yourself a roll of screen and spline. It’s an easy, satisfying fix
  • mistwitchmistwitch Member Posts: 184 Member Member Posts: 184 Member
    The hose to my washing machine disconnected and filled my basement with about 10 inches of water and that same day someone was coming to look at the house bc for sale I went to the dollar store and bought me a bunch of pool noodles and floaties grabbed 4 of the kids from the neighborhood to go swimming in the basement jacked up the price of the house by several thousand dollars bc indoor pool is a luxury and bam moved out thirty days later 😎
    Smarty pants
  • Peachesand_creamPeachesand_cream Member Posts: 594 Member Member Posts: 594 Member
    mistwitch wrote: »
    The hose to my washing machine disconnected and filled my basement with about 10 inches of water and that same day someone was coming to look at the house bc for sale I went to the dollar store and bought me a bunch of pool noodles and floaties grabbed 4 of the kids from the neighborhood to go swimming in the basement jacked up the price of the house by several thousand dollars bc indoor pool is a luxury and bam moved out thirty days later 😎
    Smarty pants

    You Love Me 😘
  • mistwitchmistwitch Member Posts: 184 Member Member Posts: 184 Member
    mistwitch wrote: »
    The hose to my washing machine disconnected and filled my basement with about 10 inches of water and that same day someone was coming to look at the house bc for sale I went to the dollar store and bought me a bunch of pool noodles and floaties grabbed 4 of the kids from the neighborhood to go swimming in the basement jacked up the price of the house by several thousand dollars bc indoor pool is a luxury and bam moved out thirty days later 😎
    Smarty pants

    You Love Me 😘

    no doubt
  • Miz_OwlMiz_Owl Member Posts: 3,016 Member Member Posts: 3,016 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Miz_Owl wrote: »
    I made a bird bath out of a tomato cage and a planter saucer .

    Very creative!! Hmmm, my sister is bringing her extra tomato cages to recycling, maybe I'll have to grab one. :)

    You should this is what mine looks like .

    0g783ytm9dmj.jpeg
  • RAinWARAinWA Member Posts: 1,946 Member Member Posts: 1,946 Member
    mistwitch wrote: »
    RAinWA wrote: »
    The screen on the door from my garage to the backyard came loose in several places. I need to replace the door but haven't gotten around to it. The screen is currently being held in place with staples.

    (Full disclosure, I tried duct tape first!)

    Get yourself a roll of screen and spline. It’s an easy, satisfying fix

    Yes, I know that but the entire door needs replacing so actually fixing the screen doesn't make much sense. Of course, I could quit moving "get new screen door" further and further down my priority list.
  • mistwitchmistwitch Member Posts: 184 Member Member Posts: 184 Member
    RAinWA wrote: »
    mistwitch wrote: »
    RAinWA wrote: »
    The screen on the door from my garage to the backyard came loose in several places. I need to replace the door but haven't gotten around to it. The screen is currently being held in place with staples.

    (Full disclosure, I tried duct tape first!)

    Get yourself a roll of screen and spline. It’s an easy, satisfying fix

    Yes, I know that but the entire door needs replacing so actually fixing the screen doesn't make much sense. Of course, I could quit moving "get new screen door" further and further down my priority list.

    This I understand 😂
  • tmanfivetmanfive Deleted Posts: 1,365 Member Deleted Posts: 1,365 Member
    This is my pond dredging rig.

    A little copper sulfate, wait a couple days, toss this in on one side, slingshot the rope to the other, hook it up to the hitch, and dredge.

    Wire shelves like what would be in the closet, CPVC to hold the “jaws” open, pipe hangers and threaded rod from the overhead plenum of a data center, a couple hundred feet of nylon rope, and electrical tape. 🤙🏼

    gxuz1y9tjmsi.jpeg
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 8,075 Member Member Posts: 8,075 Member
    Miz_Owl wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Miz_Owl wrote: »
    I made a bird bath out of a tomato cage and a planter saucer .

    Very creative!! Hmmm, my sister is bringing her extra tomato cages to recycling, maybe I'll have to grab one. :)

    You should this is what mine looks like .

    0g783ytm9dmj.jpeg

    I'll have to find something to go across the top. But I did snag her tomato cages. :) Thanks for the idea!!
  • BraydanTaffyBraydanTaffy Member Posts: 504 Member Member Posts: 504 Member
    The hose to my washing machine disconnected and filled my basement with about 10 inches of water and that same day someone was coming to look at the house bc for sale I went to the dollar store and bought me a bunch of pool noodles and floaties grabbed 4 of the kids from the neighborhood to go swimming in the basement jacked up the price of the house by several thousand dollars bc indoor pool is a luxury and bam moved out thirty days later 😎

    Hey, we tried that, but then these neighbors showed up... convinced them to take the house off the market.

    giphy.gif
  • Peachesand_creamPeachesand_cream Member Posts: 594 Member Member Posts: 594 Member
    The hose to my washing machine disconnected and filled my basement with about 10 inches of water and that same day someone was coming to look at the house bc for sale I went to the dollar store and bought me a bunch of pool noodles and floaties grabbed 4 of the kids from the neighborhood to go swimming in the basement jacked up the price of the house by several thousand dollars bc indoor pool is a luxury and bam moved out thirty days later 😎

    Hey, we tried that, but then these neighbors showed up... convinced them to take the house off the market.

    giphy.gif

    😂

    This was actually a (partially) true story.



Sign In or Register to comment.