Looking for weightlifting friends

Options
Looking to make an already successful gain into bigger gains by eating ideas and lifting ideas.

210 lbs
Lift 5-6 times a week with cardio
Eat 2-3k in calories a day

Have a hard time counting macros but would like ideas on what foods and recipes gain the most in the macro world.

Replies

• ForeverFitNHealthy
    ForeverFitNHealthy Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Have you checked out Greg Doucette on YouTube? There's also a Facebook group I belong to that shares a few recipes and ideas from Greg. All anabolic of course. I do have all his books, so I could give ideas. I train 6 days a week. What kind of split do you do?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,542 Member
    Options
    Are you looking to bulk up, or recomp (lose fat at same time as gain muscle)? MFP has forums for both goals.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    It involves counting macros but I've had good success following the RP diet and training templates. Plenty of free resources on their site, youtube, and social media from the overall RP account and Dr. Mike Isratel.

As far as foods and recipes go, don't overthink it; prioritize lean protein sources, carbs from whole grains or fruit, healthy fats, and eat your veggies.
  • mermaidthatlifts
    mermaidthatlifts Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'd love more lifting friends. I'm currently in the building phase and cutting a bit
  • Luluetduet8
    Luluetduet8 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I’m currently in a cut and doing some physical therapy, but will be bulking after summer! Looking to stay motivated. It will be my first time doing it and I’m definitely a little apprehensive!
  • ashmarie1083
    ashmarie1083 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was in a short maintenance for a few months, but I'm starting a new cut for the next 12 weeks.
    I lift 4-5 days a week. I follow TWK, which has an amazing FB community.
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Wish I could power or weightlift, I have too many health complaints for those! Amazing strength 💪
  • Luluetduet8
    Luluetduet8 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was in a short maintenance for a few months, but I'm starting a new cut for the next 12 weeks.
    I lift 4-5 days a week. I follow TWK, which has an amazing FB community.

What’s TWK?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,656 Member
    Options
    Looking to make an already successful gain into bigger gains by eating ideas and lifting ideas.

210 lbs
    Lift 5-6 times a week with cardio
    Eat 2-3k in calories a day

Have a hard time counting macros but would like ideas on what foods and recipes gain the most in the macro world.

Since protein is the biggest need for gains (in a context of good overall nutrition, of course), this is a great resource for identifying useful food choices to increase protein, IMO:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10247171/carbs-and-fats-are-cheap-heres-a-guide-to-getting-your-proteins-worth-fiber-also
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I am on day 15 of a 70 day recomp. I am lifting 5 days a week. I am cutting calories and watching my macros.
    I often post my workouts and have an open diary.
    I welcome friends with lifting and/or macro goals.
  • mermaidthatlifts
    mermaidthatlifts Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    weight lifter/body builder here! I share my progress of about 75lbs lost and now in a building phase
  • AussieAdam21
    AussieAdam21 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Happy to friend anyone looking for lifting buddies. Currently looking to gain muscle while dropping body fat.. long process but it’s working for me.