Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    JFT - Saturday July 24
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 minutes

Thursday and Friday seemed to get away from me.
    I don’t think I met goals either day and I was way over in calories in with no calories out. Not good days health wise, but wonderful days life wise. I’ll take the joys of life, as they can be fleeting.

Kaitlyn is here helping me organize the craft room. It is still quite early so I’m waiting for her to wake them we are going to go buy a couple of under bed totes to help with out organizing. It is a huge task, but will be so worth it.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Sunday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Check in on MFP. Check weather. Long run (5 mi).
    2. Morning: Write blog post (lamp).
    3. Scrub 2 plates. Read Jacky! Patreon chat. Recycling?
    4. Brunch: Omelet. Scrub one necklace with toothpaste. Podcast.
    5. Afternoon: Choose orgs for donations? Check on plates. Read: 1 hr (Mothers of Mass Resistance). Log reading on Goodreads. S&F script work: 1 hr.
    6. Evening: Clois. Dinner: Bibimbap? Update common room. Shoot figurative language script?
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    8. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    9. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    End of June: 191.4
    Today: 194.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – Late Oct? ObG schedule for 9/22. PCP Aug 17. Therapy July 27.
    7. Theater: ??
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. Office conversion.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create PDFs for video lessons. Change the green room into an office.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Long run tomorrow. Yikes! My insoles are scraping the side of my new shoes, so I'm going to wait until school starts and then take them to the shop teacher to get them filed down. The current pair should last another week and a half.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    JFT - Saturday July 24
    Not good days health wise, but wonderful days life wise. I’ll take the joys of life, as they can be fleeting.

This is where I am too these days. Setting goals hasn't been working for me lately. For now, I'm just trying to enjoy the simple pleasures of time spent with family as a much needed mental health break. Yesterday it was pizza and ice cream, followed by a firefly walk in the park at sundown with my daughter and her boys. Lovely to be a kid again and take a break from adulting :smile:
  • Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Wow wow wow, I have not been active for quite a few days on this thread! Time to hop back on the wagon.
    It's a bit late, so I'm only going to post a few goals for the rest of the day!

JFT 07/25 (Sun):
    - Drink 64 oz of water
    - Get 10,000 steps
    - Log EVERYTHING
    - At least 30 minutes of yoga and bloat busting exercises
    - Charge Fitbit for tomorrow
    - Put away laundry

Also, it's weigh-in day!
    I lost another 0.9 lbs. That's a total of 3.9 lbs since I started on July 8th. 84 lbs to go!
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Check in on MFP. Check weather. Lift; walk at park.
    2. Morning: Write blog post (lamp).
    3. Scrub 2 plates. Read Jacky!
    4. Brunch: Omelet. Scrub one necklace with toothpaste.
    5. Afternoon: Choose orgs for donations? Check on plates. Read: 1 hr (Refugee). Log reading on Goodreads. S&F script work: 1 hr.
    6. Evening: Clois. Dinner: Bibimbap? Update common room. Shoot figurative language script?
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    8. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    9. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. Tuesday therapy and writer's group.

Scale goals
    Today: 192.4

1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – Late Oct? ObG schedule for 9/22. PCP Aug 17. Therapy July 27.
    7. Theater: ??
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. Office conversion.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create PDFs for video lessons. Change the green room into an office.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Today's run was really difficult but I managed it! We had meatloaf and mashed potatoes and green beans for dinner, though. I really, really like mashed potatoes... ;D
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Had a lovely weekend camping. Weather was a bit variable - ended up sleeping in the car on the first night due to a big thunderstorm ! But also had some nice sun and spent time at the sea and also just around at the campsite cooking barbeques. It was lovely.

Weight is up a bit this morning, hopefully it is mostly water weight and will come off quickly. I'm not sure I am going to make my target for weight loss before France at this rate. It's getting increasingly too ambitious. If I can lose something, I'll be pleased though. I look a bit chubby on some of the photos of this weekend which I don't really like. But at the moment as with others I'm kind of enjoying the life moments a bit too much (I probably could eat a bit less on my life moments though...).

Was going to go for a run this morning but unfortunately weekend has left me with two really bad mosquito bites, one of them right between my thighs so it gets rubbed all the time when I walk and move. I am allergic to mosquitos so my bites swell up and get really itchy. They reach an incredible size and sometimes get infected as well. So I decided not to go for my run so as not to aggravate it. I don't know if this is just an excuse - I really didn't feel like going either as I was tired when I woke up - but it will probably be better if I don't aggravate it as much as possible.

Going to the pub tonight with a work colleague. Not really feeling like it, I'm feeling quite tired at the moment - it's been a hectic few weeks - and could really just do with chilling at home and either catching up on things or spending time with the boyfriend. But I suggested this drink ages ago, the colleague has been going through a rough time lately (end of a years-old relationship + associated insecurity/ mental health issues) and there probably isn't going to be a better opportunity until September for various reasons that I won't go into. So I will go. I will probably have a good time. I can rest at the weekend...

So, today's goals:

- Log everything I eat
    - Be well within maintenance
    - 4 bottles water
    - Get 5,000 steps

- Switch emails off when finished reading
    - Stay positive

- Finish work by 5.30pm
    - Sort out lunches
    - In bed by 10.30
    - Lights off by 11
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

@bookmeister86 ... that's really kind of you, meeting your colleague even when you don't feel like it. I'm sure they will appreciate it. And yes, don't aggravate your bites!

I'm a bit annoyed at myself. I logged last Monday to Friday and did ok. Saturday I didn't log but was so busy I'm sure I was in the green. I weighed myself on Sunday morning and had lost 2lbs. Then didn't make good choices, and I'm 2lbs back up this morning, so I've wasted the week. All because I feel unsettled and anxious about family issues and want to eat. I MUST learn to put my health/weight above what's happening in my family, I've put on weight in the past when family have had problems. In fact, that's the weight I'm still trying to lose now.

JFT Monday 26th July

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Walk

Word for 2021 Strength
  • Janele0627
    Options
    Recap 07/25 (Sun):
    - Drink 64 oz of water βœ“ 72 oz
    - Get 10,000 steps βœ“ 10,000
    - Log EVERYTHING X I had a late night snack after I had completed my diary. Stuck to the portion size though
    - At least 30 minutes of yoga and bloat busting exercises βœ“ 30 minutes
    - Charge Fitbit for tomorrow βœ“
    - Put away laundry X

I re-weighed myself today, since I was SO bloated yesterday. Turns out I was retaining a whole pound!
    So I am now 208.0 with a total loss of 4.9 lbs.
    I also lost 2 inches in my hips, and 1.5 in my waist!

JFT 07/26 (Mon):
    - Up by 7:30
    - Dishes before work
    - Take vitamins
    - Eat breakfast
    - Drink 64 oz of water
    - Get 10,000 steps
    - 30 minutes of cardio
    - Log EVERYTHING
    - Put clothes away
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,474 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    JFT 7/26 ~ Hot & humid weather pattern, which I dislike intensely. We're shut up in the house during winter. I hate spending so much time indoors in the summer for the AC.
    1) Walked dog 3.67 mi before work :sweat_smile: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) Decide supper / net cals zero / 14c water / no evening snacking
    4) GA-C/V test last kiosk standard & F&D / 12:00 Facebook Live / 1:00 - 4:30 Ethics training via Zoom
    5) Quick grocery run on way home? / prep bday cards for this week / check DVR / at least one ta-da
    6) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / 5:40 alarm (walk dog or x-train if storming)

Saturday's 5K race was hot (76F = 24C), humid (71 dew point) & rained miles two & three. But I really enjoyed being in an event with real people, not virtual & not with dog. Actually felt my stride lengthen as I walked fast, and passed 103 & was passed by 68 others, according to timing company. Chip time was 48:36 for average pace 15:39. Finished 29 out of 66 in my age group. Selfie taken ~20 minutes after finish, and is completely normal for me.
    zwk00izh0060.jpg

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Sorry all. I'm just a bit depressed right now. I just need to regroup, clear my head, and catch up.

Stay strong my friends. 🌷πŸ₯΄πŸŒ·
  • Janele0627
    Options
    Recap 07/26 (Mon):
    - Up by 7:30 X 8:00
    - Dishes before work βœ“
    - Take vitamins X
    - Eat breakfast βœ“
    - Drink 64 oz of water βœ“ 72 oz
    - Get 10,000 steps βœ“ 10,400
    - 30 minutes of cardio βœ“ 35 minutes
    - Log EVERYTHING βœ“
    - Put clothes away X

JFT 07/27 (Tue):
    - Up by 7:30
    - Walk the dogs - try to hit 1 mile
    - Eat breakfast
    - Take vitamins
    - Laundry
    - 64 oz of water
    - 10,000 steps
    - 30 minutes of exercise - try belly dancing!
    - Log EVERYTHING
    - PUT CLOTHES AWAY
    - Clean the cat box
    - Vacuum the stairs
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Check in on MFP. Short run (2 miles).
    2. Morning: FINISH blog post (lamp).
    3. Scrub 2 plates. Read Jacky!
    4. Brunch: Omelet. Scrub one necklace with toothpaste. IB to interview.
    5. Afternoon: Choose orgs for donations? Check on plates. Read: 1 hr (FRoP). Log reading on Goodreads. Library? S&F script work: 1 hr. Therapy.
    6. Evening: Clois. Dinner: Bibimbap? Update common room. Writing group.
    9. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store.

Scale goals
    Today: 195.4

7. Theater: Read play for discussion August 3.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.

WFTY: Persistence. Oo, potatoes! How I love them. That's quite a bounce, unfortunately. Tomorrow is a short run day. Temperatures are supposed to be pretty high for the rest of this week. (UGH!)
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Had a very nice evening at the pub with my colleague, am glad I went. We may go again, albeit not for a while as my August is pretty booked up.

Drank a bit too much beer so calories weren't great, but weight is down today anyway (losing water weight from camping weekend still). Going to have a nice healthy day today - it's weigh-in day tomorrow!

Yesterday's goals:
    - Log everything I eat :)
    - Be well within maintenance >:)I was a bit naughty at the pub and had an extra beer and some crisps which pushed calories right up
    - 4 bottles water :)
    - Get 5,000 steps :)

- Switch emails off when finished reading :/ Think I did this once but then forgot
    - Stay positive :)

- Finish work by 5.30pm :)
    - Sort out lunches :)
    - In bed by 10.30 >:)Was a bit naughty and stayed in the pub a bit later than planned
    - Lights off by 11 >:)Was a bit overstimulated when got home so watched a bit of comedy before bed

Today's goals:

- Log everything I eat
    - Be in the green
    - Eat 5+ fruit & veg
    - No alcohol
    - 4 bottles water
    - Get 5,000 steps

- Switch emails off when finished reading
    - Stay positive

- Finish work by 5.30
    - Start evening with nice walk
    - Read chapter of French book
    - Talk to boyfriend in French
    - Boyfriend quality time
    - In bed by 10.30
    - Lights off by 11
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 949 Member
    Options

JFT Monday 26th July

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green yes
    Back exercises no, too sore
    Walk no

JFT Tuesday 27th July

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Walk

Word for 2021 Strength
  • MLHC1
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Good morning all!

Yesterday my two preteenagers left for church camp for the week, Yay for them!! My hubby will be leaving town for work at some point this week, so it'll just be me, the lil guy, and our three doggies. :blush:

Well the only way I know how to work through being depressed, is to just pick myself up, pull myself together, and start going through "the motions." So, I will make a solid attempt at just that today.

07/27/2021 Tuesday JFT:

MFP - post and log
    Restart self-care routine
    Yoga
    Gym - Elliptical plus investigate equipment (maybe begin weight routine)
    Review and plan budget with hubby
    Overall household cleaning
    Grocery Inventory (to prepare for making list, etc. I'll make a list and plan tomorrow, I just need inventory today.)
    Finish EOC note card prep and complete another EOC note cards
    Finish reading previous chapter in prep book

Keep it simple! - Do not overthink things today!

Well, here goes! :wink:
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    Recap 7/26 M ~ Hot & humid weather pattern, which I dislike intensely. We're shut up in the house during winter. I hate spending so much time indoors in the summer for the AC.
    1) Walked dog 3.67 mi before work :sweat_smile: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks :p 13/14 & 16.5K missed one hour during training & I paid by my hip locking up = ouch
    3) Decide supper / net cals zero / 14c water / no evening snacking :| Evening had controlled snacks so I'm satisfied. Net cals -165 & 13c
    4) GA-C/V test last kiosk standard & F&D another app missing (why didn't IT check all this when we were issued new laptops?) Help Desk opened ticket. Started testing diff reg / 12:00 Facebook Live / 1:00 - 4:30 Ethics training via Zoom = 2.5/3
    5) Quick grocery run on way home? / prep bday cards for this week / check DVR / at least one ta-da = 4/4
    6) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / Calm app before bed felt exhausted, didn't need / 5:40 alarm (walk dog or x-train if storming) = 4/5.5

JFT 7/27 T
    1) X-trained before work :smiley: could tell I've been skipping these workouts, muscles felt it
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / pace during webinars
    3) Salmon & green beans for supper / net cals zero / 14c water / controlled snacking if at all (weigh or count)
    4) 9:00 EHN update on Teams / 1:00 AML webinar / 3:00 special ed. AICPA webinar / GA-C/V testing: complete at least one F&D / keep up w/ emails
    5) Mail bday card / put clean clothes away / wash dishes / one or more on ta-da list
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • medee35
    medee35 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello Community,
    I am looking for a diet and fitness buddy who lives in the CSRA.If you are interested in creating a support system to help staying accountable while on this journey,Kindly please send me a massage or a friend request .The journey is lonely when you don't have anyone who understands your struggle or who's not on the journey Let's do this πŸ€—πŸ€— JOIN ME JOIN MEπŸ™πŸ™
  • MLHC1
    Options
    @medee35 Welcome!! Indeed the journey can be lonely. This group is very supportive and accountable!! It is about declaring your daily goals and working towards completing them.

Is CSRA Costa Rica?? I'm in Texas but I can offer virtual support and motivation if you're interested.

Best of luck on your journey! πŸ€ πŸ‘
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    So...I've been working with Strep Throat for 4 days before I eventually realized the pain wouldn't go away. Those 4 days were all 9 hour shifts. I did a virtual appt with a doc yesterday and finally got a course of amoxicillin. I started it last night and I'm starting to feel a bit better this morning.

The only good thing about it was that when I was researching how to sign up to do the urgent care telemedicine appt I realized that I can also get free tele psychiatry and therapy through the app. So YAY for that.

I have my first therapy appt tomorrow morning since I'm off(FINALLY) and then I have my first psychiatry appt on this app next Wednesday. I wish this information was more readily available bc I would have signed up for both back in June when we first got on this insurance. Lol. But things are moving now at least!

Today is just an 8 hour day which is very nice. And as I said before I'm off from work tomorrow. I don't think I'm gonna do much other then some reading and maybe napping today when I get home. So no goals for me I think.

I hope everyone has a great day! I'll catch up tomorrow!
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Check in on MFP. Lifting.
    2. Morning: FINISH blog post (lamp). Walk at park or downtown?
    3. Scrub 2 plates. Read Jacky! Call family.
    4. Brunch: Omelet. Scrub one necklace with toothpaste. Book group.
    5. Afternoon: Choose orgs for donations? Check on plates. Log reading on Goodreads. Library? S&F script work: 1 hr.
    6. Evening: Clois. Dinner: Bibimbap? Update common room. Livestream.
    8. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Read: 1 hr (FRoP) while playing sleepy music.

Scale goals
    Today: 195.4

7. Theater: Read play for discussion August 3.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create PDFs for video lessons.

WFTY: Persistence. Today's run sucked! Bleugh!