Has anyone else's recipe's disappeared?

Options
tyediri
tyediri Posts: 183 Member
edited February 2021 in Food and Nutrition
So this morning I log on and try to change a recipe for dinner in the "recipes, meals and food" section but all my recipes have disappeared? I still have the meals and food I've created. I can still go back and find the recipes from my previous diary entries, but I change them almost everytime I use them because, for example, the onion I used this week might be 20g heavier than last week, so I don't want to just go back to my diary and copy and paste.

Has this happened to anyone else? Help!

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    Mine are still there. It’s probably just a weird glitch and if you check again later they’ll be back. 🤞
  • tyediri
    Options
    Mine are still there. It’s probably just a weird glitch and if you check again later they’ll be back. 🤞

Thank you! Nothing yet, so fingers crossed it will come back. I've been adding recipes since 2012. I'll be devastated to lose it all! 🤞
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    tyediri wrote: »

Thank you! Nothing yet, so fingers crossed it will come back. I've been adding recipes since 2012. I'll be devastated to lose it all! 🤞

Just keep in mind that if you have old recipes in there (probably pre 2017) and you haven't used them in awhile or updated them, they are probably long gone. I've been adding recipes for a long time too, but this has happened to me. I think MFP has been cleaning house on their app recently and getting rid of older data. The newer stuff should still be there though.
  • tyediri
    Options
    tyediri wrote: »

Just keep in mind that if you have old recipes in there (probably pre 2017) and you haven't used them in awhile or updated them, they are probably long gone. I've been adding recipes for a long time too, but this has happened to me. I think MFP has been cleaning house on their app recently and getting rid of older data. The newer stuff should still be there though.

It is still all gone though.
    I edited a recipe that was created pre 2017, but we made it last night. I was able to update it yesterday.
    Today I tried to change the servings to account for the leftovers I had and it had disappeared. Its literally blank.
    I'll probably have to email someone.
    Thank you for the responses.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I can only suggest that you email the Support team. One of the first recipes I ever created (or, more accurately, the oldest, not-updated one), was still there for me this morning when I made pancakes and wanted to check what quantities of everything I used last time! Happy pancake day (Shrove Tuesday) everyone.
  • GlowskiMcGlitter
    GlowskiMcGlitter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My commonly logged foods disappear sometimes, if I havent entered in a while. I have to rescan items occassionally. I havent ever had issues with my personal recipes, though.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I still have 34 pages of recipes.

(Note to self: Crockpot Latin Chicken is the oldest recipe.)
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    All of my recipes are still there although recently I have noticed searching them is not working as it used to, particularly when there are special characters like & or - in the recipe title. I just have to order them alphabetically and manually scroll to find them.
  • philipstreetmisc
    philipstreetmisc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    All my recipes have disappeared as well, including ones I only added recently. :-(
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    I still have 15 pages of recipes, some of which almost certainly predate 2017 (not sure what that's about -- was that when they purged our old logged meals?). I've been logging recipes since 2013.
  • caribchic
    caribchic Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have the first page or recipes but all the rest have disappeared, Im so upset because I took my time to create those recipes as there are not a lot of Caribbean foods in this app.
  • rachelbrondel
    rachelbrondel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Mine disappeared from the phone but I can see them on computer