Baby Weight Buddies!

Replies

• getfitformeee
    getfitformeee Posts: 65 Member
    I'm about to start sending out friend requests to all of you! I have an almost 9 month old and I've been maintaining a 10 lb loss since Jan. I'm ready to really push this along now that my daughter is weaning. I've heard that's when a lot of moms start to lose, so I'm hoping that's the case for me. 🙏☺
  • AshesSquared
    AshesSquared Posts: 123 Member
    Height: 5'5"
    Before birth: 182 lbs
    SW: 169 lbs
    GW by end of year: 140lbs
    GW in general: 130 lbs

Check-ins:
    April 28, 2021 (1 month pp): 169 lbs
    May 7, 2021 (6wks pp): 163 lbs
    May 25 check-in(~2months pp): 160 lbs
    June 4 check-in: 157 lbs
    June 15 check-in: 157.2 lbs 🥳 family
    June 26 check-in: 153.3 lbs
    July 6 check-in: 155 lbs
    July 20 check-in: 154.3 lbs

Struggling to stay below that 155 mark, it seems. I did my first baby as weight workout yesterday, she LOVED it🤣
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Great progress @AshesSquared ! You're doing great. I really need to start doing more intentional exercise with my "little" guy (>25lbs!); so glad you're little enjoyed assisting in your workout :smiley:

I've been getting good progress on the scale this month thanks to my accountability challenge keeping my snacking under control. But I've also been struggling a little with planning dinners after my son goes to bed (my husband and I have historically had late dinner), but then I get distracted or I'm just tired and end up skipping dinner altogether and very low for calories during the day. Great for weight loss, but probably not really sustainable.

How are others doing?
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Hi! I just had my first baby on 07/17/2021. I am so in love with him. These body changes are all new to me. I am barely getting milk so not breastfeeding yet, although am trying.

Height: 5’0”
    Starting weight: 145
    Weight before delivery: 172
    Current weight as of 07/23/21: 154

My goal weight is 120 lbs.
  • brisingr86
    Congratulations @nooshi713 . Enjoy those newborn snuggles (and the smell)!

If you want to breastfeed, I would not restrict calories/try losing (or at least until your milk comes in and stabilizes. If you are counting right away, keep in mind that milk production takes calories. There's definitely a balancing act, but that was why I didn't try to lose until I had weaned because when I started counting, I was ending up low on calories and my milk supply dropped (super stressful; I was pumping so had good visibility to volume). To each her own and do what's right for you. Perhaps others have had more success with counting/losing while breastfeeding/pumping. The first weeks can be stressful, but you got this!
  • nooshi713
    edited July 2021
    brisingr86 wrote: »
    Congratulations @nooshi713 . Enjoy those newborn snuggles (and the smell)!

If you want to breastfeed, I would not restrict calories/try losing (or at least until your milk comes in and stabilizes. If you are counting right away, keep in mind that milk production takes calories. There's definitely a balancing act, but that was why I didn't try to lose until I had weaned because when I started counting, I was ending up low on calories and my milk supply dropped (super stressful; I was pumping so had good visibility to volume). To each her own and do what's right for you. Perhaps others have had more success with counting/losing while breastfeeding/pumping. The first weeks can be stressful, but you got this!

Hi! Thanks for your reply! I’m not actually restricting right now. I am trying to breastfeed so am doing my best to eat well and hydrate. I am on day 9 and no milk yet. My initial weight loss was probably water and baby weight.

Anyone else take forever for their milk to come in?? I have been doing teas, lactation cookies, pumping, having baby suck, and barely a few drops is all I have and it is getting less by the day. On day 4 and 5 I got swollen and was hopeful my milk would come in but then by day 6 they were back to normal. I saw lactation multiple times and they just said keep trying but my milk is drying up by the day no matter what I do……
  • brisingr86
    It's so tough. No real advice that you haven't already gotten. My son wouldn't latch well after he was born (figured it out around 6 weeks) so I was pumping about every 2-3 hours to establish supply (tried about every 2 hours during the day to late night (10 or 11pm), wee hours (~2am), and early morning (6am) overnight). It took a few days, but I think mine came in around day 5 or 6 post partum. Have you tried pumping right after warm shower (can trigger let down)? Do you do a wee hours pump (like between 2-4am; for some reason this can be prime time for milk)? I hope it works out so you can feed your baby how you want, but also, don't be discouraged if things don't.
  • nooshi713
    It's so tough. No real advice that you haven't already gotten. My son wouldn't latch well after he was born (figured it out around 6 weeks) so I was pumping about every 2-3 hours to establish supply (tried about every 2 hours during the day to late night (10 or 11pm), wee hours (~2am), and early morning (6am) overnight). It took a few days, but I think mine came in around day 5 or 6 post partum. Have you tried pumping right after warm shower (can trigger let down)? Do you do a wee hours pump (like between 2-4am; for some reason this can be prime time for milk)? I hope it works out so you can feed your baby how you want, but also, don't be discouraged if things don't.

Yeah I have tried the warm showers and everything and I also set my alarm and pump every 3 hours even in the middle of the night. I get about a teaspoon or two of milk a day at most. Not sure what’s wrong. It is very discouraging.
  • AshesSquared
    nooshi713 wrote: »

Anyone else take forever for their milk to come in?? I have been doing teas, lactation cookies, pumping, having baby suck, and barely a few drops is all I have and it is getting less by the day. On day 4 and 5 I got swollen and was hopeful my milk would come in but then by day 6 they were back to normal. I saw lactation multiple times and they just said keep trying but my milk is drying up by the day no matter what I do……

I would only get 20 mL or less everytime I pumped for the first 2 weeks. I triple-fed until my milk came in and then moved to just supplementing with pumped milk. Around 5 weeks we transitioned to straight from the tap. It was sleep-deprivation torture, and it didn't have to work out as quickly as it did or at all. I was slowly going crazy trying to pump all the time, so don't do that! When I relaxed about formula my milk supply started increasing. I would call a doctor and see if there's an obvious biological factor at play and sometimes they're able to subscribe medicine (if your comfortable with that).

Bodies are complicated and weird and your not to blame. This doesn't make you a failure. I'm rooting for you, bottle or breast!

• AshesSquared
    @nooshi713 How are you holding up 2 months pp?
  • AshesSquared

Check-ins:
    Sept 19 check-in: 149.6 lbs

It's been 2 months and almost 5 lbs. But I'm officially at a healthy BMI!! (The highest and I want to get back to the middle of the pack, but still!)

Ngl-- it's been super stressful here. Mold, evacuated from apartment due to said mold, staying with a friend, looking for a house, etc.

Little lovebug is enjoying having older siblings for a couple of months (read: my friends have 3 boys)
  • nooshi713
    @nooshi713 How are you holding up 2 months pp?

Hi there! How are you?

I’m stuck at 152 but I have not been dieting yet because I was still hoping for my milk to come in. Baby is 2 months now and still very little milk despite my not restricting calories so I’m throwing in the towel on breastfeeding after trying everything.

MFP has me at 1300 calories to lose 1/2 lb a week so it will likely be slow going for me. I have been working out again 3x a week, which is good. Starting the calorie deficit tomorrow.
  • AshesSquared

Hi there! How are you?

I’m stuck at 152 but I have not been dieting yet because I was still hoping for my milk to come in. Baby is 2 months now and still very little milk despite my not restricting calories so I’m throwing in the towel on breastfeeding after trying everything.

MFP has me at 1300 calories to lose 1/2 lb a week so it will likely be slow going for me. I have been working out again 3x a week, which is good. Starting the calorie deficit tomorrow.

We're holding up over here; I'm trying to refigure out how to add exercise back in.

7lbs from pre-baby is a wonderful place to be at 2 months!! 😊

I'm sorry that how you originally planned to feed your baby didn't work out. Your little one is still perfect and getting what they need <3

Good luck on the start of your calorie-deficit!
  • nooshi713

Hi there! How are you?

We're holding up over here; I'm trying to refigure out how to add exercise back in.

7lbs from pre-baby is a wonderful place to be at 2 months!! 😊

I'm sorry that how you originally planned to feed your baby didn't work out. Your little one is still perfect and getting what they need <3

Good luck on the start of your calorie-deficit!

Thank you! I’m also trying to lose the 15 lbs of Covid weight I gained. 😊
  • AshesSquared

Check-ins:
    (July 12 check-in: 155.2 lbs)
    July 29 check-in: 153 lbs
    Aug 19 check-in: 151 lbs
    Sept 19 check-in: 149.6 lbs (a healthy BMI!)
    Oct 9 check-in: 147 lbs

🐈‍⬛ 🎃 October🎃🐈‍⬛

Just another week of not having our own space and context! Little lovebug is going to miss the constant entertainment of my friends' boys.

My goal this month is to not get 1/5 of my calories from sweets 🐒
  • AshesSquared

Check-ins:
    (July 12 check-in: 155.2 lbs)
    Oct 22 check-in: 149 lbs

🐈‍⬛ 🎃 October🎃🐈‍⬛

😖 Up 2 lbs in 2 weeks; I need to stop self-sabotaging.
  • brisingr86
    @AshesSquared , you're doing amazing. I hear you on the self-sabotage, but be proud of the progress you've made. Sure you'll get back on track soon.

@nooshi713 , how are you doing? How's baby?

Sorry I've been absent. I made great progress in July getting in some movement and tracking and staying under calories; essentially maintained in August with a 2 week vacation to visit family, and September and October have been mixed. I'm feeling relatively secure as officially having lost the pregnancy weight, but struggling to stay on track (especially weekends) to continue making progress and down to a healthy weight. My husband and I had talked that maybe next summer we'd think about TTC for #2 and I'd really love to be at healthy weight before getting pregnant again. Despite the hiccups, my trends (I use Libra for daily weigh-ins) still have me on track for that, but with the holidays coming up, I know things can get off track quickly.
  • nooshi713
    @AshesSquared , you're doing amazing. I hear you on the self-sabotage, but be proud of the progress you've made. Sure you'll get back on track soon.

@nooshi713 , how are you doing? How's baby?

Sorry I've been absent. I made great progress in July getting in some movement and tracking and staying under calories; essentially maintained in August with a 2 week vacation to visit family, and September and October have been mixed. I'm feeling relatively secure as officially having lost the pregnancy weight, but struggling to stay on track (especially weekends) to continue making progress and down to a healthy weight. My husband and I had talked that maybe next summer we'd think about TTC for #2 and I'd really love to be at healthy weight before getting pregnant again. Despite the hiccups, my trends (I use Libra for daily weigh-ins) still have me on track for that, but with the holidays coming up, I know things can get off track quickly.

Hi! Sounds like you are doing amazing! Keep it up!

Baby is ok. He is struggling with GERD currently so we are seeing his doctor for it. I have been stuck at maintenance unfortunately. My husband went back to work and I have been stuck in the house most days and very sedentary as a result. My maintenance calories are so low it has been impossible to lose since I am always too hungry to stick to my goal. I am hoping when I go back to work I will get more steps in which will help.
  • AshesSquared
    @brisingr86 Thank you, for cheering me on. That's so exciting to have a plan for when to ttc again! My husband and I had originally planned to ttc for #2 asap after lovebug, but my cycle hasn't come back yet. I'm grateful because I was definitely not prepared to be pregnant again yet😂 I'm feeling more ready now, but, I want to lose more weight before ttc anyways (and that extra time is before it even being an option is appreciated 🙂)

@nooshi713 You can do it! Maintaining is a large part of the battle <3 Water and veggies can help fill up your tummy without a million calories. Though, tbh, I struggle staying under 1750 calories-- 1300 calories sounds terribly difficult.

Personal Stats
    5'5"

Check-ins:
    June 15 check-in: 157.2 lbs
    July 12 check-in: 155.2 lbs
    Nov 5 check-in: 146.8 lbs

Trying to refocus. It's that time of year that I always gain weight. My original goal was to be pre-baby weight by Christmas (9 months postpartum), and I'm not ready to give up on that. In order to meet my goal, I'm going break it up into smaller chunks.

The Chunks:
    November 12 goal: 145.5 lbs
    November 19 goal: 144.5 lbs
    My end of November goal: 143.5 lbs
    Christmas goal: 140 lbs
  • AshesSquared
    Check-ins:
    June 15 check-in: 157.2 lbs
    July 12 check-in: 155.2 lbs
    Nov 5 check-in: 146.8 lbs
    Nov 12 check-in: 146.2 lbs
    Personal Stats
    5'5"

The Chunks:
    November 12 goal: 145.5 lbs
    November 19 goal: 144.5 lbs
    My end of November goal: 143.5 lbs
    Christmas goal: 140 lbs

Not exactly where I wanted to be this week, but at least I moved in the right direction! I hear the last 10 lbs of baby weight is the hardest, but it's mostly my willpower to not snack after baby goes to sleep at night.