Vibration training

Options
13»

Replies

• missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I've seen this vibro plate thing at my gym, and I was exceedingly curious how it works. I still haven't tried it out though. I had a google around, and yeah, I'm sceptical. It totally reminds me of those old fashioned things with the big band around your butt, so whoever else said that I totally get what you're saying there.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Erm, actually, vibration training is the only exercise that doesn't immediately make sense to me.

Do you just do isometric holds on it, interspersed with the now stuck on, one size fits all, band exercises?
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Because they know to look for you lot

huh? And, to be clear, I said I was kidding..... :flowerforyou:

I know you were. I am not your enemy.

but, I still did not get what you meant.. maybe that I have a followerr who stalks all my threads and when I post something she immediately reports it?
  • VTDesigner
    Options
    It is as simple as exercise gets..

The squats feel as though you are jumping off a chair and landing perfectly over and over again.

The push-ups feel as though you are catching a medicine ball over and over again.

Eccentric contractions and proprioception used to fatigue. You have the "catch phase" and the "rest phase". It is just happening very quickly.

Imagine if you were on a balance board and someone was kicking it quite hard. Same thing just very controlled.
  • genxrider
    genxrider Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I found this website from the Mayo Clinic. Hope it helps.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/whole-body-vibration/AN01598

A fine, vague answer if there ever was one.
  • VTDesigner
    Options
    Vague for a reason.

(1) Article 5 years old. That was back when no-one but a few people even understood the concept.

(2) Companies like Power Plate releasing fake machines into market in 2004. And some even finding their way into studies. They got slammed for that.

pubmed.org best place for more recent studies. Some still on weak plastic machinery but some on better quality units.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Because they know to look for you lot

huh? And, to be clear, I said I was kidding..... :flowerforyou:

I know you were. I am not your enemy.

but, I still did not get what you meant.. maybe that I have a followerr who stalks all my threads and when I post something she immediately reports it?

Quite possibly. Whenever a tv or radio show has something offensive on it, the number of complaints is often 4 times the original audience. People with no lives will hunt down stuff just so that they can be offended and file a complaint.