JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,718 Member
    JFT - Wednesday July 28
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 minutes

@beachwalker99 - A firefly walk sounds delightful!!!! I grew up in an old farm house that had the windows that were low and you put a screen or stick in to hold the bottom one up to open it. In the summer I put my bed next to the window and fell asleep watching the fireflies in the field. It was like watching a million stars, which I got to see too. I miss living in the country sometimes. Thanks for the memory.

@littleblackskirt - Iโ€™m doing that up and down thing in the scale too. I donโ€™t know why our emotions seem to get the best of us at times. I wish I was one that would lose in times of stress.

@cschmitz110515 - so happy you were able to do a live run!!!

@clicketykeys - potatoes are one of my favourite foods. My Grandson (9) had a discussion with me the other day that potatoes are a near perfect food and as long as we have potatoes and water we could survive. I donโ€™t know if his โ€œfactsโ€ are accurate or not, but I like his thinking.

@MLHC1 - sorry you are depressed. Iโ€™m currently on anti depressants, when I called my doctor for them she said the whole world is depressed right now and we all need to do whatever we need to get through.

I mentioned that our daughter was helping me arrange my craft/spare room this weekend. It took a lot of work, but Iโ€™m so happy with it. I need one more shelf but they were out of stock last night when I went to buy it. Tonight after work I had my hair cut. It was down to the crook of my elbows!
    klgorq85sqcl.jpeg
    7g7umswnxkmr.jpeg
    tuytvairyt4w.jpeg
    waempvdlfone.jpeg
    gmqkmfarkn77.jpeg
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 938 Member
    @Snowflake1968 ...interesting what your doctor said about the whole world being depressed right now. I know I don't feel happy but I just keep plodding on every day, going through the motions. I've no idea where the tipping point is between feeling down and clinical depression.
    Great job sorting out your room, it looks lovely!

JFT Tuesday 27th July

Log everything yes, a bit of guess work for evening meal. I had family over and ate ice cream, unweighed.
    Stay in the green no, blame the ice cream
    Back exercises only the easy ones
    Walk no, but did quite a bit of gardening, including trimming a shrub about 10 feet high.

JFT Wednesday 28th July

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises

A short list today as I feel exhausted, my sleep patterns are getting worse. I got up feeling more tired than when I went to bed.

Word for 2021 Strength

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited July 2021
    MLHC1 wrote: ยป

07/27/2021 Tuesday JFT:

โœ… MFP - post and log
    โœ… Restart self-care routine
    โŒ Yoga
    โŒ Gym - Elliptical plus investigate equipment (maybe begin weight routine)
    โŒ Review and plan budget with hubby
    โŒ Overall household cleaning
    โŒ Grocery Inventory (to prepare for making list, etc. I'll make a list and plan tomorrow, I just need inventory today.)
    โŒ Finish EOC note card prep and complete another EOC note cards
    โŒ Finish reading previous chapter in prep book

Well, yesterday took a different turn. My hubby is overwhelmed with my sadness and his upcoming out of town business trip. So, when I was considering which path to take yesterday afternoon, I chose to cook a delightful homemade dinner for two. Our preteens are out of town so we had a lovely lil dinner for two last night (while our toddler sat, for what he thought was a "Happy Birthday" party, Lol! We let him blow out the candles. :wink: ) It required some time to shop, prepare, and cook so it took my afternoon. The calories were not ideal but the evening helped both of us, so I'll take that as a win for our marriage. ๐Ÿ’–

@Snowflake1968 I've heard the same thing regarding the general population being depressed. It's depressing to hear. Regardless, I am doing my best to overcome the sadness each time it creeps in. Thanks for the support. Your haircut is super cute!! The reorganization of rooms is amazing and inspiring!!! ๐ŸŒป๐Ÿค—๐ŸŒป

Thank you all for the kind comments, support, and motivation. This sadness happens when new sacrifices occur in which temporarily hold me back from moving forward on my terms; but there it is "my terms." God's path is never the one we choose for ourselves so I remain open to transitions in my journey bc I know one day I'll get to were I am going. ๐ŸŒท๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ๐ŸŒท

07/28/2021 Wednesday JFT:

MFP - post and log
    Self-care routine
    Yoga
    Gym - (elliptical for sure, maybe some equipment exercises)
    Personal Medical Appt
    Review and plan budget
    Grocery Inventory
    Finish EOC note card prep and complete another EOC note cards (Just going for one prep task today.)

Have a blessed day my friends. ๐ŸŒป

szch2j3xaip1.jpg
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,467 Member
    @Snowflake1968 Cute haircut! Marvelous transformation of your craft room too!

@MLHC1 Wonderful meal for you and hubby. Sometimes the trade-offs are a no-brainer.

Recap 7/27 T
    1) X-trained before work :smiley: could tell I've been skipping these workouts, muscles felt it
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / pace during webinars :) 14/14 boom! 8.8K
    3) Salmon & green beans for supper / net cals zero / 14c water / controlled snacking if at all (weigh or count) :neutral: evening snack banana & nut clusters (I counted out this time instead of eating from bag) -264 & water low 11c
    4) 9:00 EHN update on Teams / 1:00 AML webinar / 3:00 special ed. AICPA webinar / GA-C/V testing: complete at least one F&D / keep up w/ emails = 4/5 plus Desktop Support remoted in & resolved my tech issue plus I was reminded I now need to complete Webinar Summary & Take Away Form for each training paid for by employer. Geez, yet another form to submit. Spent 1/2 hour filling out forms. I often wonder if anyone ever reads all the forms & updates I am required to submit.
    5) Mail bday card / put clean clothes away :neutral: half / wash dishes / one or more on ta-da list ~ picked up lots of sticks that came down from trees during previous night's storms, emptied kitchen compost bucket in bin, digital decluttering :smiley:
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) :mrgreen: 6/6

JFT 7/28 W is garbage man treat day for dog = happy dog
    1) Walked dog 3.5 mi before work & nice visit with Kim & Bogie :smiley: happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water / no or controlled evening snack
    4) GA-C/V complete min. bankroll formula & final kiosk testing / keep up w/ emails
    5) 7:30 band concert St. James Park (if storms hold off) / hang clean shirts up / one ta-da
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

Photo from early part of dog walk this morning:
    i1h7n5eplfym.jpg

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,185 Member
    edited July 2021
    I've been missing in posting.. but not missing in my own daily goals. Life has just been crazy busy here lately. My husband has to have more blood work done .. his MCV numbers jumped dramatically in May when we had our physicals, and our primary doctor is worried about bone marrow problems ... as in cancer or leukemia. So while trying not to worry for the 3 months before he can do more blood work and a bone marrow biopsy, we are both taking actions to improve our health before he get another test ... in hopes that by doing this, the number return to normal. Hubby has totally given up any wine, and we are both trying to eat healthy.
    So in doing that .. I told him.. I am not going to just give us lettuce and carrots .. you know .. diet food. Eating healthy, we have to learn portion control.. learn how to stop eating when we are full, etc. So its been a struggle, but with both of us doing this, it is easier. And I am trying to find more recipes so we don't get bored .. but putting our food on the plate versus putting everything on the table.

One thing I have been doing while walking is listening to podcasts. I walk typically 90 minutes everyday ... not only for exercise, but for my mental health. Its been super hot, so I get out early for my walks before it gets too hot, or if I can't do that, I do go out after 7. Usually by then its cooled off a bit. But I am also probably more accumulated to the heat because I do a lot of gardening.

This morning I listened to a good podcast about motivation ... and I thought I would share. I know many of us are struggling with motivation, and I hope this helps. It helped me.

I will try and post more of these. Her podcasts are excellent. ( A little rough language, but she makes such good points)

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-one-thing-not-required-to-lose-weight/id1233384453?i=1000529787496

I would also like to start a AUGUST CHALLENGE if anyone is interested .. and that is to PLAN. Even if the plan is just planning what you will eat for dinner that day. For me, when I have breakfast I am trying to plan what I will make for dinner .. whether it be leftovers, or getting something out of the freezer to defrost, and laying out all the ingredients. I find this is helping me a lot.

So the August challenge will start sunday. Maybe @Terri can come up with a cute little icon?

My goals for today are simple
    1. log all food
    2. plan todays meals
    3. go for walk -- already done :)
  • mytime6630
    @Snowflake1968 --- love the craftroom! And... your haircut. You look so beautiful!
  • mytime6630
    edited July 2021

szch2j3xaip1.jpg

Oh my .. what beautiful food pictures and what a wonderful meal you prepared!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,022 Member
    ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–
    ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’– JULY ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–
    ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–
    ocbtnk3lembi.jpg
    Canโ€™t believe itโ€™s over a week since I was on here. We had a lovely anniversary on the 25th and Iโ€™ve been very busy with family. I will get caught up with reading posts sometime tonight hopefully.

๐Ÿ”นWord - Balance
    ๐Ÿ”นI am in tune with my dreams
    ๐Ÿ”นI know what is right for me
    ๐Ÿ”นI will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

๐Ÿ”นI live in congruence with my authentic self
    ๐Ÿ”นI am mindful
    ๐Ÿ”นI am creative every day
    ๐Ÿ”นI foster positivity
    ๐Ÿ”นI am compassionate
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (โœ”๏ธSept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • 11 Apr: 142.2
    [*] 1 May: 142.6
    [*] 3 June: 144.4 (thanks to Bank holiday 4 day weekend indulgences)
    [*] 1 July: 144.4 (holding steady)
    [*] Total Weight Loss: 83

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    Daily Habits:
    Thu: โœ… Fri: โœ… Sat: โœ… Sun: โœ… Mon: โœ… Tue: โœ… Wed: โœ…
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: โœ… 7/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: โœ… 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 23.1 โ€”>22.6
    3. Increase Muscle%: โœ… 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.6 โซ
    4. Log CI<CO/Calories in the green โœ… 7/7
    5. Steps > 7500 โœ… 7/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins dailyโœ… 7/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily โœ… 7/7
    ๐ŸŒนPositive Intentions for Thu 29 July
    [*] Meditation
    [*] Weigh/post weight
    [*] Gardening - daily harvesting.
    [*] Declutter session
    [*] Daily Chores
    [*] Puzzles: Watch TV:
    [*] Keep up to date with email
    [*] Daily goals update

๐Ÿ’ฆ July Challenge ๐Ÿ’ฆ
    ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง

NLNS
    July: LNS: 2 ~ ME: 26

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,293 Member
    I haven't been posting the past few days. Like others, life has just been hard. I go back and forth between wanting to ask for help and figuring nobody wants to hear me whine. Anyway, my diet is crap, my mom really screwed up her finances so I'm looking to take over most of that responsibility from her, I haven't been exercising or even moving much, hell I haven't even showered in like 5 days. At least I brush my teeth I guess... I smile for the family, but cry in the dark. I already take more drugs than I want, but I'm not sure where to turn...

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,293 Member
    Your hair looks great, very fresh!

The room is an amazing transformation!
    Dinner was a lovely idea.
  • mytime6630
    I haven't been posting the past few days. Like others, life has just been hard. I go back and forth between wanting to ask for help and figuring nobody wants to hear me whine. Anyway, my diet is crap, my mom really screwed up her finances so I'm looking to take over most of that responsibility from her, I haven't been exercising or even moving much, hell I haven't even showered in like 5 days. At least I brush my teeth I guess... I smile for the family, but cry in the dark. I already take more drugs than I want, but I'm not sure where to turn...

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.

We all go through times when life seems especially hard ... but we are all here for you. This is also a great place to vent .. sometimes that is what helps more than anything. So anytime you want to vent ... we all support you. Take good care of yourself.
    Hugs <3 .
    Hugs <3 .
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Thursday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. AM run - 4 miles.
    2. Morning: FINISH blog post (Olympics). Try to do this before 9???
    3. Scrub 2 plates. Read Jacky! Call dad.
    4. Brunch: Omelet. Scrub one necklace with toothpaste. Book group.
    5. Afternoon: Choose orgs for donations? Check on plates. Log reading on Goodreads. S&F script work: 3-4 PM.
    6. Evening: Clois, 7-8 PM. Dinner: Bibimbap or birthday dinner for mom. Update common room.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    8. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Read: 1 hr (FRoP) while playing sleepy music.
    9. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    End of June: 191.4
    Today: 194.0

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning โ€“ Late Oct? ObG schedule for 9/22. PCP Aug 17. Therapy July 27.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion August 3.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create PDFs for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. I am regularly unable to accomplish all the things I think I should be able to in the time I think I should be able to do them in :P
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • Snowflake1968
    JFT - Wednesday July 28
    1.5L of water - ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Log all Food - ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Walk 15 minutes - Iโ€™m hoping to

JFT - Thursday July 29
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 minutes

@littleblackskirt - I believe it tips over to clinical depression when it affects your everyday life. For me personally I get angry. This is my 4th time being on antidepressants so I caught it very early as Iโ€™ve learned my symptoms.

@MLHC1 - beautiful meal, I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve ever done something like that for my husband. He would probably die of shock if I tried now. ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Isnโ€™t there a saying that is something along the lines of โ€œwe plan, God laughsโ€. I agree though that God always has a plan for us.

@cschmitz110515 - beautiful sky.

@mytime6630 - nice to see you post. Iโ€™m up for the Plan challenge. I am failing miserable at meal planning and have reverted to too much junk!

@pridesabtch - I hope life gets easier for you soon. Weโ€™re all here to support each other so whine away. One day it will be someone elseโ€™s turn and youโ€™ll be here for them.

Thanks to everyone for the hair compliment. It feels much better!

I have to run to update hubbyโ€™s resume. A new posting is coming he wants to apply for.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 938 Member

JFT Wednesday 28th July

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green yes
    Back exercises the easy ones

A short list today as I feel exhausted, my sleep patterns are getting worse. I got up feeling more tired than when I went to bed.

JFT Thursday 29th July

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Walk

Hoping I'll feel a bit better today, so far so good. Really need to do some housework and paperwork today. It's my wedding anniversary, I can't decide whether to go to the churchyard or not, I've got so used to staying at home the last 18 months. Maybe I'll just stop off when I'm driving by anyway on Saturday.

Word for 2021 Strength

• Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    JFT 07/29 (Thur)
    - Wake up at 7:30
    - Walk the dogs before work
    - Eat breakfast
    - Take vitamins
    - 64 oz of water
    - 10,000 steps
    - 5 flights of stairs
    - Log EVERYTHING
    - 30 minutes of cardio & strength
    - Put laundry away
    - Screens off by 10:30, bed by 11
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,467 Member
    Recap 7/28 W is garbage man treat day for dog = happy dog
    1) Walked dog 3.5 mi before work & nice visit with Kim & Bogie :smiley: happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks :smiley: 13/14 apparently my Fitbit move reminder has stopped >:) 14.5K :)
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water / no or controlled evening snack :/ snacking more under control, estimated homemade breakfast burrito purchased at work -418 & 13c
    4) GA-C/V complete min. bankroll formula & final kiosk testing / keep up w/ emails = 2/2 yay
    5) 7:30 band concert St. James Park (if storms hold off) too nervous with severe storm warnings & approaching weather ~ we were lucky, worst passed us to south & west, tornadoes hit overnight, severe wind damage & power outages in those areas :'( / hang clean shirts up / one ta-da ~ stored patio chairs & umbrella, birdfeeders & some planters pending storms = 2/3
    6) Unplug 9:00 :| / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app before bed instead focused on weather alerts :D / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) = 4/6

JFT 7/29 Today is my Friday since taking vacation days tomorrow & Monday for four-day weekend. Woohoo!
    1) Walked dog 4.02 mi before work, very warm & very humid, breeze helped. Had encounter with fawn, see pic below. :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (hope my Fitbit move reminder is working)
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water / order dinner for concert / remember to log beer
    4) Arrange PA initiation memo with AA since she is on vacation next 2 weeks / GA-C/V some kind of progress / keep emails current / OOO message / print/sign month end PAR / update Project Status s/s / submit PAR, PRO, KRO s/s
    5) 5:30 check in / 6:00 concert at GBBG / maybe one ta-da?
    6) Unplug 10:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 7:00 alarm (walk dog before too warm)

Dog and I had brief stare-down this morning on our walk.
    dn98wfqaayp4.jpg

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • mytime6630

My goals for today are simple
    1. log all food :)
    2. plan todays meals :) Had leftover beef turnovers .. with lots of veggies
    3. go for walk -- already done :)

JFT, Thurs 7/29
    1. log all food
    2. plan todays meals ... going to the gym with hubby, so using my new ninja grill and grilled a hamburger. Yes, higher in pts, but high in protein. Lunch will be cottage cheese and fruit.. breakfast eggs
    3. go to gym with hubby
    4. concentrate on 8+ water
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    @Snowflake1968 - Potatoes are very nearly the perfect food. It's hard to go wrong with potatoes. Baked, mashed, roasted, fried, or boiled, I love them I think every way except raw XD

And yes, if you leave the skin on, they're very high in nutrients!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited July 2021

07/28/2021 Wednesday JFT:

โœ…MFP - post and log
    โœ…Self-care routine
    โœ…Yoga
    โœ…Gym - (elliptical for sure, maybe some equipment exercises)
    โœ…Personal Medical Appt
    โŒReview and plan budget
    โŒGrocery Inventory
    โŒFinish EOC note card prep and complete another EOC note cards (Just going for one prep task today.)

I ran a few errands for hubby yesterday, not to mention I got an extremely late start to the day. Brushing it off and moving forward.

07/29/2021 Thursday JFT:

MFP - post and log
    Self-care routine
    Yoga
    BBL 1-DVD
    Gym - (elliptical only today)
    Middle school registration
    Review and plan budget; pending hubby review
    Grocery Inventory
    Finish EOC note card prep and complete another EOC note cards (Just going for one prep task today.)

Today has been busy, needless to say. I am posting late and making it brief bc I'm taking a bit of my studying time to post, Lol!! I'll catch up reading a bit later!!

End the day on a high note!! ๐Ÿ†
  • Snowflake1968
    JFT - Thursday July 29
    1.5L of water - ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
    Log all Food - ๐Ÿ™‚
    Walk 15 minutes - ๐Ÿ˜•

JFT - Friday July 30
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 minutes

Itโ€™s late no time to comment.