For the women: Boobs

Hey guys!
Just wanted to ask a question.

I am within my BMI and I have a tiny waist.
But my cup size is really big.
I went to have a bra fitting today and she said that my band size was actually a 24-26 which I can’t buy in the UK

My question is, I am doing some workouts with my dumbbells to try and reduce my cup size.My cup is a J 🙈🙈

Has anyone noticed when they lost weight, if they lost it on their bussoms, did theirs band size go down? Or do you actually lose it from the cup size.

I can afford to go down to like a H or HH
But I can’t lose weight around the band.

Any help I would appreciate :)

Replies

• Lildarlinz
    Lildarlinz Posts: 276 Member
    alexmose2 wrote: »
    Sister, this is very common. As women lose fat, it goes from everywhere, but eventually, yes, you will likely lose your boobs. I lost my boobs and *kitten* too. So calorie deficit and lifting will help you lose that cup size and band size.

Hi Alex x
    I know I can lose weight everywhere
    But I’m wondering if it comes off my band size aswell?
    I really need to keep my band size and lose of my cups.
    Surgery must be the only way to go for me then :(
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Chances are you band size is not going to change much if you already have a small waist. It's mostly determined by your ribs. You CAN increase it with lifting and building lats. But it sounds like your boobs are mostly dense tissue and not fat if you haven't seen much of a reduction and you are already lean. Surgery is probably in your future if you want to reduce.
  • Lildarlinz
    Chances are you band size is not going to change much if you already have a small waist. It's mostly determined by your ribs. You CAN increase it with lifting and building lats. But it sounds like your boobs are mostly dense tissue and not fat if you haven't seen much of a reduction and you are already lean. Surgery is probably in your future if you want to reduce.

Thank you mangos xx :) I’m at the top of my bmi.I think my bmi is between 8 stone 5 and 10 stone 5 I’m currently 9 stone 11 x so I’m nearly in the middle of it…
    But I’m worried about is if I lose weight, my band size will go smaller than a 28.
    I just want my bust size to go from a J to a HH if I’m honest lol! That way I will feel better…I’ll keep trying to lose weight and see how I go :)
    Thank you x

• TinaLeigh67
    TinaLeigh67 Posts: 669 Member
    I lost 30 pounds about 4 years ago. My band size went down a little bit and my boobs did decrease. I went down a cup size, if you can call it that. I am not large busted. I went from an A to a AA. Back in training bra world :D
  • Lildarlinz
    langstontl wrote: »
    I lost 30 pounds about 4 years ago. My band size went down a little bit and my boobs did decrease. I went down a cup size, if you can call it that. I am not large busted. I went from an A to a AA. Back in training bra world :D
    Thank you Lang! :)
    I’ve lost a cup size.I’ve gone from a JJ to a J.I’ve just tried one of my old bras on and I’ve still stayed the same band size
    I can afford to go to a HH or a H but I can’t afford to lose anymore off my band as I’m a 28!
    I’m going to continue to lose weight and see what happens.:) if all else fails…I’ll just had to eat chocolate and put it back on and just live life as a pork chop 🤣🤣🤣
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    I can't remember from my days working on the bra counter of a large store, what the ratio between cup sizes was but the same cup size on say a 34 band is smaller than that on a 36. The volume of the breast will reduce taking some pressure off the shoulders and back. I wonder, if it might it be possible to find some exercises to strengthen the shoulders and back? If this makes sense. Best Wishes
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Be ready to have your whole world turned on its head. May I introduce: "sister sizing"...

vltwemzo19qt.jpg
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited July 2021
    Therefore, OP, you may want to head to your nearest shop and ask to try on a bunch of 42DDs or 44Ds (which are more likely to be commercially available if my search on the now-cancelled/near-cancelled Victoria's Secret website means anything).

This helped me a LOT in the past few months but my boobies are much, much, much, much, mucccch smaller than yours. Much (insert river of shameful tears here). All that to say...

YMMV
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    I lost 60 pounds and still wear the same bra size.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Be ready to have your whole world turned on its head. May I introduce: "sister sizing"...

vltwemzo19qt.jpg

This!!! I was going to suggest using a “sister size” bra but @MaltedTea beat me to it! <3:) And thanks to this chart I now know how many equivalent cc’s my breasts are and it’s a lot more than I ever guessed. I have dense breast tissue and even having a child, breastfeeding for 2 years and going from obese to normal bmi haven’t made them budge an inch, they’ve been the same since I was 15, I’m 46 now. I considered a reduction a few years ago but couldn’t bear to put my body through it and I’m glad I didn’t. I got better fitting bras and improved my posture and my back/shoulders are 100% better for it. I even manage to be a runner and have no issues. As a woman with a relatively small band size and very large cup size myself I can say that sister sizing has saved me more than once. But definitely try them on first, sometimes you can get away with larger band sizes and sometimes you can’t get enough support with them, it will vary by bra design. Best of luck to you! :)
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    I'm a 38 band and really don't have any weight to lose at my band, although I'm not at goal from losing 51 lbs I can feel my rib cage and no fat to pinch around my band. My cup size has went down and will continue to some because these boobs are mostly fat hardly any muscle, I've always been to endowed but not this much that's why I know they will go down more, but some women are a little more muscle in the boob area and some women just don't lose alot from their boobs, I've seem some women lose alot of pounds and still have a cup that runs over. But I'm with the opinion you should still workout and do chest focus exercises to help tighten and maybe keep them lifted, cardio will burn fat if it is to come off in that area as you know we can't pick the area it burns off from. Back to your band, if you have some fold or fat (sorry) you can pinch and don't feel your ribs then you may lose from the band but if your all the way down to size in the rib cage, there's no more room to go down.

Hope I made since and not sound like I'm rambling. :)<3
  • Lildarlinz
    Doing chest exercises will not make your breasts smaller, if anything it will build up your pectoral muscles and push them out even further. The tissue that makes them so large is not muscle, so no amount of chest exercise is going to help the way you want it to, and anyway you can't spot-reduce.

If your underbust measurement is already so small, it's not likely to get much smaller, at least - surely you can't possibly have much fat left around your ribs if you're measuring 24-26" around the underbust. Breast size can be influenced to some degree by weight gain or loss, but it comes down more to genetics, and the damned things IME tend to just do what they will, and it's possible that surgery will be your only option to reduce bust size if they're still unmanageable when you reach goal.

FWIW, the Reddit community r/ABraThatFits is great for checking measurements and making recommendations for bras to try, as well as navigating the world of custom Polish bras (which you may want to look into - manufacturers like Ewa Michalak make bras in the 24-26H/HH range). There's also r/BraSwap and r/RandomActsOfBras, where people trade/sell/give away bras in hard-to-find sizes.

Hi goal!
    Yes I saw them :) x
    Doing the chest exercises has worked…I brought a bra and I’ve gone down a cup size so calorie counting aswell as chest exercises has helped :) so hopefully I’m going in the right direction x
    Thank you for your feedback! I looked online at those websites, but my god I saw one for like £108 🤣🤣🤣
  • Lildarlinz
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Therefore, OP, you may want to head to your nearest shop and ask to try on a bunch of 42DDs or 44Ds (which are more likely to be commercially available if my search on the now-cancelled/near-cancelled Victoria's Secret website means anything).

This helped me a LOT in the past few months but my boobies are much, much, much, much, mucccch smaller than yours. Much (insert river of shameful tears here). All that to say...

YMMV

Miss maltedtea! I wish I had much much much muucccchhhhhh smaller boobies! But Jesus blessed me very well 🤣🙈

I know a lot of ladies would say oh I wish I had big boobs like you
    Trust me…these have caused me nothing but pleasure…lots of pain and soreness aswell as putting me into depression :( xx
  • Lildarlinz
    I'm a 38 band and really don't have any weight to lose at my band, although I'm not at goal from losing 51 lbs I can feel my rib cage and no fat to pinch around my band. My cup size has went down and will continue to some because these boobs are mostly fat hardly any muscle, I've always been to endowed but not this much that's why I know they will go down more, but some women are a little more muscle in the boob area and some women just don't lose alot from their boobs, I've seem some women lose alot of pounds and still have a cup that runs over. But I'm with the opinion you should still workout and do chest focus exercises to help tighten and maybe keep them lifted, cardio will burn fat if it is to come off in that area as you know we can't pick the area it burns off from. Back to your band, if you have some fold or fat (sorry) you can pinch and don't feel your ribs then you may lose from the band but if your all the way down to size in the rib cage, there's no more room to go down.

Hope I made since and not sound like I'm rambling. :)<3

Thank you so much for your help.
    I have no fat around my rib cage, more around my midsection.which is why I wanted to lose weight…but I was scared that if I lost the weight my band that is already 26-28 would get smaller, so I’m hoping you are right that if I lose weight, my boob cup size will get smaller x

Thank you so much for your help you have all been really helpful and made me feel better 🥰😍

• jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    edited July 2021
    just wanted to post this since you are in the uk. i used to get mine from there shipped to the Netherlands cause i couldn't find my band size in regular stores. https://www.brastop.com/
  • dviolin1982
    dviolin1982 Posts: 17 Member
    OMG I'm a 38K, I hear you.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    My band size went down, within reason, it is close to my waist though. I doubt it will get any smaller, my ribs are what my ribs are.

I was a wearing a 34 band before weight gain but it didn't fit, I moved down to a 32 but then I started gaining weight. The band still rode up in the back but I didn't know better.

I went up to a true 32 band when I gained weight. I wore a 32 up to a 32N when I was overweight and breastfeeding. At the peak of my weight, I went to a 34M.

I started losing weight and went back down to a 32DDD/E and wore that for most of my overweight time. When I got back to a healthy weight I wore a 30DDD/E (although I wore a lot of 32DD because that is what you can buy).

Now I have started losing a little more weight (within the healthy weight range) and I've gone from a 30DDD to a 30D, to a 28DDD or 28DD, I haven't bought a 28 bra yet, but my 32DDs don't fit at all anymore. My 32D sports bras still fit, I'm living in sports bras and braletts, and one 32D that still works okay.

I really doubt I'll go smaller than a 28, my ribs are my ribs, right? Of course I said that at 30.